better job than police?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• better job than police?

You ever feel you do a better job than the police??? I work p/t as a Security Enforcement Officer at a housing complex that is patrolled by both the city pd and the university pd. I feel I could handle half the stuff they deal with better than they can. They have actuallt told me to go away on a few occassions. I think they are just jealous cause I can wear BDU pants and they cant ..lol. I dont think the on-site management agrees with a lot of what they do either. One day they're gonna need me and I'll be to busy

Originally posted by mallpopo
    You ever feel you do a better job than the police??? I work p/t as a Security Enforcement Officer at a housing complex that is patrolled by both the city pd and the university pd. I feel I could handle half the stuff they deal with better than they can. They have actuallt told me to go away on a few occassions. I think they are just jealous cause I can wear BDU pants and they cant ..lol. I dont think the on-site management agrees with a lot of what they do either. One day they're gonna need me and I'll be to busy
    What is your job function at this housing complex? Specifically.
    Some Kind of Commando Leader

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

Comment

protect property, identify hazards and throw out unwanted guests

Comment

So, what are they dealing with that you feel you could do it better?

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

Comment

everything they do I can do better

Comment

Agreed. I can do anything better than the police.
            I dont have any comradery with them either. A while back I got pulled over. The officer approcahed my car and saw that I was in full Security Officer uniform. I asked for proffessional courtesy and he wrote me a ticket for not having my DL on me (my fault).....but still no professional courtesy The ticket was in the amount of $15.

Couple of months later.....

I see a car parked head out in my lot. I whip out the book issue a citation, put it on the windshield. As I am walking off the owner of the vehicle approaches me (with attitude) and asks me to "discard" the cite. I tell him that I dont write cites then change my mind. He whips out his badge (he is a cop) then says in a more demanding tone (with more attitude)...that I should pull the cite. The ticket was in the amount of $20.

His ego was suuuuucchhh a turn off.

I told him you have been cited for being in violation of parking regs. He then starts telling me about how he is an officer and...blah....blah..blah. Finally I just say "Sir, do not confuse your rank with my authority!"

And I left. you dont be proffessional with me........well thats what you get... cop or not.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Mayor
              Agreed. I can do anything better than the police.
              I dont have any comradery with them either. A while back I got pulled over. The officer approcahed my car and saw that I was in full Security Officer uniform. I asked for proffessional courtesy and he wrote me a ticket for not having my DL on me (my fault).....but still no professional courtesy The ticket was in the amount of $15.

Couple of months later.....

I see a car parked head out in my lot. I whip out the book issue a citation, put it on the windshield. As I am walking off the owner of the vehicle approaches me (with attitude) and asks me to "discard" the cite. I tell him that I dont write cites then change my mind. He whips out his badge (he is a cop) then says in a more demanding tone (with more attitude)...that I should pull the cite. The ticket was in the amount of $20.

His ego was suuuuucchhh a turn off.

I told him you have been cited for being in violation of parking regs. He then starts telling me about how he is an officer and...blah....blah..blah. Finally I just say "Sir, do not confuse your rank with my authority!"

And I left. you dont be proffessional with me........well thats what you get... cop or not.

Next time you get a cop that gives you that much attitude, if your in union territory, get his name and badge number, and then WRITE his FOP rep. They'll deal with it, it makes the department and the Order look bad in front of civilians. If not, call the watch supervisor.

Comment

I've done that too! If you look hard you can find a good cop here and there. The cops in both my cities dont enforce the loitering laws in my shopping centers! Get this-

A highscool kid was bumping his stereo loud as all hell in his SUV. A cop who was already in the parking lot hears it. Doesn't do anything. A business owner asked him to do something about it. The cop walked up to the kid and then starts walking back. The music is still blasting. The cop says to the business owner "Look Ma'am that young man is deaf in one ear."
                Can you say "push over" ?

If I want something done I do it MYSELF. I dont rely on our civil servants to help.

Sorry to go of on that tangent. But I did have an interaction that was less than stellar with an on duty cop while I was on shift. Rather than arguing with him... I let him know that I would send a detailed letter to his WC documenting his behaviour. The WC called me 4 days later to talk about the officer who disgraced his department. The WC informed me that the cop had been verbally reprimanded and told me to call him personally for any matters in the future.

PDs LOOOooove it when you inform them of there dirty players...the sooner its brought to their attention.....the less embarrassment they face.

Comment

Originally posted by EMTFirefighter
                  Of course they don't, it's private property. Why should they do your job for you.
                  The cops dont patrol because they are derelict in their duties. They are, however, supposed to enforce laws (on private property) such as 602.1 of the CA Penal Code, as well as 2 municipal stautues prohibiting loitering.

Any more questions jack a**?

Comment

Anyway, what would make you even think about asking for professional courtesy? You're a security guard for a private company, right? I could see if you were another cop, maybe a firefighter, EMT, nurse or doctor (even those are a stretch in some areas), but a SECURITY GUARD? You've got to be kidding me.
                    I was professional with the officer. At his discretion he chose not to give courtesy. That is fine.

I issued a citation and was given attitude by the subject. I may have given courtesy had he requested and not demanded. Requests may be granted.....demands always denied.

Keep in mind theres a flip side to your coin.....us Security Officers do not have to extend courtesy to cops..either.

No kidding!!

Comment

Originally posted by The_Mayor
                      I was professional with the officer. At his discretion he chose not to give courtesy. That is fine.

I issued a citation and was given attitude by the subject. I may have given courtesy had he requested and not demanded. Requests may be granted.....demands always denied.

Keep in mind theres a flip side to your coin.....us Security Officers do not have to extend courtesy to cops..either.

No kidding!!
                      What type of citation was this? Issued under what authority, and to whom does the violator have to pay? If its a city ticket, the cop should know better, its like screwing with a parking control officer. All it gets you is more tickets.

Comment

Here's 602.1:

It's your responsibility to tell the person to leave, not the police's.
                        Yes, thats right very good research there..junior
                        BUT, its the business owners job to tell them to leave, or a designe (me). If they dont well how about a control hold? You wanna be my dummy?
                        Last edited by The_Mayor; 10-10-2005, 08:11 PM.

Comment

You ask for a break, but you get professional courtesy.

I wasn't given professional courtesy. Read the post again..you can do it youngster

Comment

Originally posted by N. A. Corbier
                            What type of citation was this? Issued under what authority, and to whom does the violator have to pay? If its a city ticket, the cop should know better, its like screwing with a parking control officer. All it gets you is more tickets.
                            Agreed, he should have known better. Where do they find these mutts?

Comment

Everyone here is probably underpaid considering their responsibilities. There's really not that big a difference between $9 and hour and $12 or $14 if your trying to buy a house or support a family.

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X