• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by EMTFirefighter
    $18/hr. = $12.80 USD
    $22/hr. = $15.64 USD
    $27/hr. = $19.20 USD

Pretty good for mall security.
    I agree. When I applied at a mall they were offering $10.00 USD. Ten bucks and they want you to confront and arrest violators even though you are unarmed. I don't think so.
    Security: Freedom from fear; danger; safe; a feeling of well-being. (Webster's)

Comment

You can do the job of confronting and arresting violators unarmed (without a firearm, not without other weapons and restraints), but you have to know what the hell your doing, get regular training from somewhere in defensive tactics, and have body armor.

As much as I like the idea of arming folks, lets face it, several countries over the pond don't arm their average street cop. They're getting some officers killed, but that's a risk they'll take.
      Some Kind of Commando Leader

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

Comment

No gun, no body amour up here & I do make arrests when necessary. (I also work alone most of the time). 30 years working in downtown hotels & have never had a weapon pulled on me (yet )
        I enforce rules and regulations, not laws.
        Security Officers. The 1st First Responders.

Comment

Originally posted by HotelSecurity
          No gun, no body amour up here & I do make arrests when necessary. (I also work alone most of the time). 30 years working in downtown hotels & have never had a weapon pulled on me (yet )
          You also don't have the gun and knife culture we do.

Does Canada have a knife culture?

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

Comment

Unfortunately, for those of us who work for a contract company it's all about the bottom line.Fortunatley the company i work for has distinguished itself here in town so he is able to ask for more and (sometimes get it).Most of the time you have to live with the lowest bidder syndrome.Most poeple simply dont are about the quality of guard,they care about the cost.i have no health insurance,provide most of my own gear and dont get paid a lot.This is offset by the amount of overtime 60 to 70 hours most weeks.Nature of the business i guess.I am lucky to have a boss who trains us a well and treats us well so that is a good thing.Huge turnover is a problem everywhere so nothing to bitch about.I love this work.

Comment

Originally posted by N. A. Corbier
              You also don't have the gun and knife culture we do.

Does Canada have a knife culture?
              There are killings with guns & knifes in Montreal but I think they tend to be domestic or drug related. The motorcycle gangs were very active in the past few years. More likely to happen on the street or at a bar or club than in an hotel. I'm speaking generally of course.

Toronto also appears more violent than Montreal. They have a big gang problem there.
              I enforce rules and regulations, not laws.
              Security Officers. The 1st First Responders.

Comment

Originally posted by EMTFirefighter
                $18/hr. = $12.80 USD
                $22/hr. = $15.64 USD
                $27/hr. = $19.20 USD

Pretty good for mall security.
                That is absolutely good for mall security. When I was doing that job in 1998, I made a whopping $7.50 per hour. In 2000, I worked at another mall making $9.50 per hour. Now they make around $10 per hour here for the same job.
                "We appreciate all the hard work you've done, the dedicated hours you have worked, and the lives you have saved. However, since this is your third time being late to work, we are terminating your employment here."

Comment

Originally posted by 1stWatch
                  That is absolutely good for mall security. When I was doing that job in 1998, I made a whopping $7.50 per hour. In 2000, I worked at another mall making $9.50 per hour. Now they make around $10 per hour here for the same job.
                  Keep in mind, thats a foreign country. I'd want to see a spreadsheet on wage comparisons. For all we know, the kid behind the counter in the food court makes that wage.

Comment

Originally posted by N. A. Corbier
                    Keep in mind, thats a foreign country. I'd want to see a spreadsheet on wage comparisons. For all we know, the kid behind the counter in the food court makes that wage.
                    That is true, but average wages also vary across the United States. If that is typical of the wages there, I would say they have a pretty good economy.
                    "We appreciate all the hard work you've done, the dedicated hours you have worked, and the lives you have saved. However, since this is your third time being late to work, we are terminating your employment here."

Comment

My views, opinions and statements are my own. They are not of my company, affiliates or coworkers.

-Being bagger at Publix has more respect these days

-It's just a job kid deal with it

-The industry needs to do one of two things; stop fiddling with the thin line and go forward or go back to that way it was. A flashlight in one hand and your set of keys in the other

Comment

my fiancee works for heinz/watties and is on $20.0 an hour.most people in my town say that the company i work for rip their guards off.how i see it i dont do that much but i dont go looking for trouble like most of the male guards do.i was told if they are aboriginal or have tatoos follow them.my grandfathers mother was aboriginal and i have tattoos.i dont do anything to people who arent doing anything wrong.so how i see it iam paid pretty well.this fortnight i brought home 1.656.23 for 102 hours.

hasnt been converted.

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X