Aiied Barton buys Initial Security

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aiied Barton buys Initial Security

Last week Initial Security was sold to Allied Barton ($73 million ).
    I've been with Initial for 6 years and no major compaints . Anyone give any info good and/or bad on Allied Barton ??

Thanks

Originally posted by JWV
    I've been with Initial for 6 years and no major compaints . Anyone give any info good and/or bad on Allied Barton ??

Thanks
    They're a huge company. Things probably will not change much. Easiest way to sum it up is if your entire branch management staff is "reassigned" or "let go," expect big changes - they weren't running things to the new company's specs.
    Some Kind of Commando Leader

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

Comment

Originally posted by JWV
      I've been with Initial for 6 years and no major compaints . Anyone give any info good and/or bad on Allied Barton ?? Thanks
      According to the street talk here they pay above average for uniform security in some Florida areas ($9.00 - $10.00 AH). But they interview in masses and pick from the bunch who they want to work for them with rather blind randomness. They are for the most part window dressing about thier reputation IMHO. Someone a few years ago told me they are part of the fortune 500 top companies. However from what I have seen they provide high end "value added" services. Go to the state farm builidng here and you are greeted by an AB Officer in the lobby who also runs the PBX, mail and message center. They never leave the desk and the patrol officer outside is more a shuttle driver than patrol. It's been my experience and seeing in Florida security companies buying out others means less for those in the field. Buying out or being sold too does not always mean its good for the employee.
      My views, opinions and statements are my own. They are not of my company, affiliates or coworkers.

-Being bagger at Publix has more respect these days

-It's just a job kid deal with it

-The industry needs to do one of two things; stop fiddling with the thin line and go forward or go back to that way it was. A flashlight in one hand and your set of keys in the other

Comment

You need some way to justify having a security force... Since you can't "prove a negative" (unless you are versed in how to do it) you justify it by giving them concerge duties.
        Some Kind of Commando Leader

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

Comment

Thanks ,
          I'm an Armed responder in a Government reg. facility. We are tied into a contract for the next 2yrs. I can't see an increase in pay, but I'm worried about the benefits

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
          Working...
          X