Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

guardsmark

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • guardsmark

    I have a second interiw ith guards mark on monday 6/19 and was wondering if any one has thoughts on them or questions i should ask them

  • #2
    In this market (midwest), they are nothing more than your typical WBS. Doesn't mean they are the same in your market, but be careful.
    "To win one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the highest skill. To subdue the enemy without fighting is the highest skill." Sun-Tzu

    Comment


    • #3
      Where are you a special police officer?

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Jackhole
        Where are you a special police officer?
        going to be for gates or parma right now i am off the books and do some stuff for attica

        Comment


        • #5
          I've been with Guardsmark for almost 6 years in the upstate NY area. The pay runs in the $9-$10 dollar mark for the most part but the so called benefits and their training is a joke. The worst thing is reading their newsletter every two weeks that tells you how great the owner Ira Lipman is and just how rich the company is (none of which trickles down to the officers).
          Aside from that I've found them to be saftey conscious and the paychecks are on time. At the accounts I have worked there has been an attempt at professionalism despite the low pay. Its not a bad company to work for and although I've been looking for a different job (I can't support my family on their pay) I'll probably stay on part time.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by The Lord of the Keys
            I've been with Guardsmark for almost 6 years in the upstate NY area. The pay runs in the $9-$10 dollar mark for the most part but the so called benefits and their training is a joke. The worst thing is reading their newsletter every two weeks that tells you how great the owner Ira Lipman is and just how rich the company is (none of which trickles down to the officers).
            Aside from that I've found them to be saftey conscious and the paychecks are on time. At the accounts I have worked there has been an attempt at professionalism despite the low pay. Its not a bad company to work for and although I've been looking for a different job (I can't support my family on their pay) I'll probably stay on part time.
            The Lord of the Keys summed it up well. Much will depend on the Branch and account(s) that you are posted at. If the branch has its act together, it can be a nice company to work for. Their uniforms are decent and the screening process is better than most WBS companies.

            I dislike their open book monthly training program. Many officers simply copy the answers from an officer who completes his/her first. The client is under the impression that the monthly training is administered in a more structured manner and that hasn't been my experience.

            Also, use discretion in enforcing the post orders. If you learn that your supervisor does not back his/her guards on such matters, then by all means tread lightly. If you irritate the client, you will be reassigned w/o any regard for your abilities as a security officer. I learned that the hard way.

            Wish you the best.
            Security: Freedom from fear; danger; safe; a feeling of well-being. (Webster's)

            Comment


            • #7
              thank you for your post so far ......i will have to wait to see what they offer me ....right now i work for a small company that can not get me full time hours right now so i am working for them part time week ends only right now

              i have a family to support so i hope all goes well

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by nyspo
                going to be for gates or parma right now i am off the books and do some stuff for attica
                I know a guy in Gates, he's pretty cool.

                Just stay away from Greece...

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Jackhole
                  I know a guy in Gates, he's pretty cool.

                  Just stay away from Greece...

                  why stay away from greece?

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by nyspo
                    why stay away from greece?
                    They're a joke. Well, all "special police" are a joke, IMO, but these guys are the worst I've ever seen. I don't want to get into specifics, but I've worked in Greece and had a few occasions to work with these characters. Once there was a fight in a parking lot and, in a struggle, one of these guys managed to somehow handcuff the suspect to the officer's (sic) own belt-loop.

                    If you're fat, stupid and love telling other people what to do - sign up. Those seem to be their only qualifications. There are good things about being a member though, you get to drive all the cars that GPD deems unfit for patrol, write parking tickets at the mall and drive ATVs through the park, scaring little kids.

                    Comment

                    Leaderboard

                    Collapse
                    Working...
                    X