Question to the Supervisors:

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question to the Supervisors:

What was the dumbest, or funniest excuse you heard from one of your officers on why they couldn't report for duty?

Said to me: "I can't come in today, there is a skunk by my car and it won't move. So I am going to have to wait til it moves."

From a 25 y/o Officer: "I can't work over tonight, my parents have me on a curfew."

I'm not a supervisor but I have a pretty good one.
    From the SO/EMT who works opposite nights from me- "I need you to work my shift for me tonight bacause I'm at the tattoo shop getting inked and I don't think I'll be out of here in time for work tonight."
    Hospital Security Officer

Comment

Its not really funny but I had a guy have 5 grandmothers die before my boss fired him. I knew the guy and I told the boss that he is full of it because both of his only grandparents died 5 years prior.

I wrote him up all 5 times.

The funniest one was that "I can't come in because my wife has been jumping my bones all day and I'm too sore to walk."
      http://img363.imageshack.us/img363/3203/darrell29jc.gif

The FUTURE is MSP...

Comment

Originally posted by darrell
        The funniest one was that "I can't come in because my wife has been jumping my bones all day and I'm too sore to walk."
        Hey at least he was honest, LMAO!

Comment

My goldfish died & I'm in mourning?
          I enforce rules and regulations, not laws.
          Security Officers. The 1st First Responders.

Comment

My dog gave birth to her puppies on my uniform shirt.

Comment

Originally posted by histfan71
              My dog gave birth to her puppies on my uniform shirt.
              I see. We'll deduct the cost of the uniform shirt and patches, fourty nine dollars, from your next pay check. Now, put on your other uniform shirt, and we'll expect you in shortly.
              Some Kind of Commando Leader

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

Comment

Originally posted by N. A. Corbier
                I see. We'll deduct the cost of the uniform shirt and patches, fourty nine dollars, from your next pay check. Now, put on your other uniform shirt, and we'll expect you in shortly.
                The WBS company I was working for at the time only issued you one shirt and one pair of pants. I made the guy bring in his shirt to prove his story was true, and it was.

I have no idea if the owner charged him for the cost of the shirt, but he probably did. The owner was a cheap SOB.

Comment

I had more than one refuse to come in because they claimed their posts were haunted.
                  "We appreciate all the hard work you've done, the dedicated hours you have worked, and the lives you have saved. However, since this is your third time being late to work, we are terminating your employment here."

Comment

I had an officer who'd been working the account for several months no call/no show for duty. The next day when he reported for duty I asked him why he didn't call in. His answer, "I forgot the phone number."

My response was, "well no problem, I forgot to hold your job for you."
                    "It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." -Aristotle

Comment

Originally posted by aka Bull
                      I had an officer who'd been working the account for several months no call/no show for duty. The next day when he reported for duty I asked him why he didn't call in. His answer, "I forgot the phone number."

My response was, "well no problem, I forgot to hold your job for you."
                      That is Classic, I like that! May I use that?

Comment

Originally posted by dla4122
                        That is Classic, I like that! May I use that?
                        Be my guest. Happy quoting!
                        "It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." -Aristotle

Comment

The guard was guarded????

One of my officers didn't show up. So I called him and got answered by his voicemail. So I left a bit angry message.

Within a hour my chief called. The officer was arrested. He was cought with stolen goods in his home trying to sell them................to a policeofficer!!!!!!

Comment

He did not call off, but had a really dumb excuse for being late.

"mmm yeah, hi sarge......im over here at jewell (grocery store 5 minutes away) ...and uh im gonna be about a half hour late"

Me: "Yeah, car trouble??"

Him: "Na im at the deli and cant decide what i want for lunch tonight?"

WTF???

Comment

Originally posted by Cpt.Xtreme
                              He did not call off, but had a really dumb excuse for being late.

"mmm yeah, hi sarge......im over here at jewell (grocery store 5 minutes away) ...and uh im gonna be about a half hour late"

Me: "Yeah, car trouble??"

Him: "Na im at the deli and cant decide what i want for lunch tonight?"

WTF???
                              LMAO!!!!! Ok, I would have whipped him when he did show up for work.

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X