No announcement yet.

Metro Racine Safety Enforcement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

in reguards to the courthouse account, actually its 2 un armed, and one armed (not to carry in the building, but to be licensed in case of an emergency) and you are right that pay rate would result in a very high turn over rate... as for uniform color, state requires a different color than the city your office is based out of, i dont know how schmitt, KPP and per mar gt away with same colors as the city they are based in, but hey, i do however agree that the more you look like an LEO the better teh deterrent, however it can cause some complications such as hot heads that think they are PD and they are not. however, its a very good business to get into but a tough one to stay afloat. i am moving on to corrections for a year or 2 tops and then moving up to sheriff in the near future. so soon i will be out of the security game, but it is fun and can be extra money, and plus with the amount of time i have in with metro and all i have put into it, i would probably still help them out when they needed it.

Comment

Wow, did not know that about the courthouse account. I actually thought that they'd be pretty squared. I checked out the website of the company that susposedly got the account and it seems pretty good, but you are right, $5 profit per man hour.......hhhhhmmmm that's probably not going to happen. Actually, the account I'm working at, I've found out that the company I work for makes about $30 an hour profit after paying us. We still can keep Guards, hey even I still have my resume ready to send in a moments notice.

Comment

Originally posted by guest4468
        in reguards to the courthouse account, actually its 2 un armed, and one armed (not to carry in the building, but to be licensed in case of an emergency) and you are right that pay rate would result in a very high turn over rate... as for uniform color, state requires a different color than the city your office is based out of, i dont know how schmitt, KPP and per mar gt away with same colors as the city they are based in, but hey, i do however agree that the more you look like an LEO the better teh deterrent, however it can cause some complications such as hot heads that think they are PD and they are not. however, its a very good business to get into but a tough one to stay afloat. i am moving on to corrections for a year or 2 tops and then moving up to sheriff in the near future. so soon i will be out of the security game, but it is fun and can be extra money, and plus with the amount of time i have in with metro and all i have put into it, i would probably still help them out when they needed it.
        An armed security officer, by definition I think we can all agree on, is only "armed" when he has is weapon physically on him and is required to carry it by duty.

I've never seen a WI Administrative Code that says "your uniform must be different color than the local PD," nor a directive from Division of Licensing/Regulation. But, then, I can see some judge making that case law decision. Any idea on the source of that rule? Personally, dark grey is good for me - nobody uses it and its not freaking white.

In case of emergency, I would think that the three unarmed would call 911 and fall back, letting the deputies handle the situation.

The "more you look like a LEO, better the deterrant" logic is foreign to me. Coming from a state where uniform design and such is strictly regulated (Looking like a LEO at 25 feet is impersonating), and no two companies may have similiar shoulder patches, nor may security companies use the words "police," or "security police," or even "patrol" if it looks anything like a law enforcement designation... The MRSE vehicles would all be impounded, and their drivers would be considered "impersonating." If they had markings indicating they're a security company, it'd be fine.

You can see my point? Just the statement "our vehicles look like unmarked police vehicles" would be used by Florida's Division of Licensing to terminate the agency license. So its a foreign concept to me.
        Some Kind of Commando Leader

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

Comment

Originally posted by ff000525
          Wow, did not know that about the courthouse account. I actually thought that they'd be pretty squared. I checked out the website of the company that susposedly got the account and it seems pretty good, but you are right, $5 profit per man hour.......hhhhhmmmm that's probably not going to happen. Actually, the account I'm working at, I've found out that the company I work for makes about $30 an hour profit after paying us. We still can keep Guards, hey even I still have my resume ready to send in a moments notice.
          You should of seen the website I did, total fiction, to demonstrate to a client. It was a fully functioning website describing our "Protective Services Group's Uniformed Services Division." I had to take it down after people started writing emails asking how to hire us. It was all done with photoshop and stock graphics from the internet.
          Some Kind of Commando Leader

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
          Working...
          X