No announcement yet.

Metro Racine Safety Enforcement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

no offense taken, just not many people understand how bad racine is and when we are out here working it, rules tend to change from black and white, to a nice shade of grey... i would like to know what company you work for and see what you do... prolly thru a pm... i can fill you in more over pm.

the beard, hey your right and they are right, its new to law enforcement to wear beards...
    Last edited by guest4468; 01-27-2006, 09:58 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by guest4468
      "The City of Racine Police Department, Public Affairs Office, has stated that it is illegal in the City of Racine to run red lights facing foward or blue lights at any angle, on city, county, or state streets."

I would like to inform you that the company has written authorization from the County to run Red to the rear and white to the front on city streets, and red to the front only on private property, however for picture purposes most of the lights are all on and in some instances they are used on city streets when assisting with traffic control, or double parking while dealing with situation where parking is impossible (also opposite lane parking front facing on comming traffic) as well as PD requested incidents. i garruntee you wont find another company in wisconsin doing what metro does, they are a first to push past the norm. in security.
      The City of Racine Police Department, as well as my own Kenosha Police Department advised me that so long as red does not face the front, you can run red to the rear or sides all you want. They're considered "hazard flashers," not emergency warning lights.

As I've said before, the companies in Kenosha are all unarmed warm body companies. Basically, Metro Racine Safety Enforcement seems like the only competition that I will have in this area.
      Some Kind of Commando Leader

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

Comment

as for holsters, i assure you that they are all triple retention holsters and have been observed and changed out. anyone with a zero level retention is an officer in low risk areas, however that should not matter... in my opinion you are correct some type of protection in retention should be used...
        I can't read the guy's name on the left, the one in the sweater. However, looking at the (old) pictures, that man has a Uncle Mikes Sidekick for Law Enforcement Retention Level 1 holster. I know this, because I have seen WAY too many of those stupid things on my subordinates in other companies. I actually gave a Bianchi level 2 holster to someone, because I'd went from that to level 3.

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

Comment

and last but not least, photos... the first batch of photos on their site are old photos, extremely old, taken mostly of the LT as you can see and he at the time had the website post all his photos, metro is in the process of taking new photos and replacing the older photos that you all seem to find funny, as do i also...

and only 2 squads are equipt with front facing red lights, all the rest are set up with white front facing lights, and are rarely used.
          I take it that MRSE is having someone other than that employee do their website, and therefore it won't be the Chris Siebeneich Show?

Comment

Originally posted by ff000525
            Guest,
            Hope you didn't take offense to these guys, they're just not used the way WI guys love thier beards, its dang cold up here . Well not this winter, but anyways. Not to be a butt kisser or anything, but I do actually appreciate the work you guys do. I work 2nd shift Security (***) in Racine and I know how crappy it can get. I work on S. Memorial so its not like I work in a great part of the city, we're always seeing cop cars and hearing chases (foot and vehicle) on the scanner. And that is why I reside 8 miles south of Racine.
            ff000525 lives in North Kenosha? Hell, man, your braver than I thought.

As far as the beards. I really don't have a problem with the guy's beard. I'd just ask him to put some gel in his hair, or part his hair, or something. It looks unprofessional to have a pompador in a uniform.

Comment

as for as the metro website is concerned... what do you mean by the chris siebeneich show?

chris used to be incharge of the website, then it was moved to an outside company and it went to crap, then the website was handed down to another employee who posted most photos of himself and other goofy things to glorify himself as the LT. , as of right now, chris has been given the opportunity to revamp the website but has not changed any of the photos due to not having any new ones, i assure you the copy right is there just to protect his new artwork, design, and graphics from being hacked and stolen as they were in the past as he is a professional web designer... chris has done a great job in making the site look more professional and getting the site addvertised on the web, however he also has to work with what he is given.

Comment

Kenosha said they allow red lights to the rear, wow thats a first... their third shift hates metro thinks they have too much authority. trying to tell an officer on kenosha PD that its legal to run reds to the rear without getting shot or arrested for impersonating is a tough one, usually has to be complained up the ladder to the shift commander or higher... i would like to know who told you in kenosha they dont care about reds to the rear, because they raise hell with the metro officers that live or commute to the kenosha area.

(but then again, it takes one hot head that thinks hes a cop to screw it up for the honest working officers that are huffing it thru school to become real cops, as most of them are... but there are always a few that f it up for the rest of the company)
                Last edited by guest4468; 01-27-2006, 10:13 AM.

Comment

hey n.a. what do you mean competition? are you a police officer or work for security, or do you own a security company?

Comment

as for as the metro website is concerned... what do you mean by the chris siebeneich show?

chris used to be incharge of the website, then it was moved to an outside company and it went to crap, then the website was handed down to another employee who posted most photos of himself and other goofy things to glorify himself as the LT. , as of right now, chris has been given the opportunity to revamp the website but has not changed any of the photos due to not having any new ones, i assure you the copy right is there just to protect his new artwork, design, and graphics from being hacked and stolen as they were in the past as he is a professional web designer... chris has done a great job in making the site look more professional and getting the site addvertised on the web, however he also has to work with what he is given.
                    Now, see, this is the fun part. When folks noticed the site, it had Chris's name on every page, with the copyright. "Designed By."

If I remember correctly, there's a few other relatives of his in the company. (That WI site is scary, listing more information so easily that I've ever seen before...)

It looked like Chris has had control of the site since these pictures were up. So, it lead me to believe that Chris had lock, stock, and barrel control of the website - it kept being updated, and it kept his name on it.

This is why I perfer not to sign web projects with my name, only provide a link to the company. I usually don't even put the company name on a client's webpage.

Eventually you folks will get some more pictures, and things will look "better" on the website.

Comment

Kenosha said they allow red lights to the rear, wow thats a first... their third shift hates metro thinks they have too much authority. trying to tell an officer on kenosha PD that its legal to run reds to the rear without getting shot or arrested for impersonating is a tough one, usually has to be complained up the ladder to the shift commander or higher... i would like to know who told you in kenosha they dont care about reds to the rear, because they raise hell with the metro officers that live or commute to the kenosha area.

(but then again, it takes one hot head that thinks hes a cop to screw it up for the honest working officers that are huffing it thru school to become real cops, as most of them are... but there are always a few that f it up for the rest of the company)
                      Kenosha has no choice. So long as those red lights to the rear are not activated, they're simply "hazard lights." If they want to issue a citation, -fine-, they can waste their time and the person driving as well. Then it gets fought and hopefully thrown out of the court, with a few harsh words by the Municipal Judge.

I contacted KPD's Public Information Officer, and he noted with some "strong language" cautioning me that "impersonation is a crime" that red lights to the rear, and nowhere else, are not illegal, but that a security company cannot run ANY lights on city streets, unless there is a "hazard" or "other dangerous event."

In other words, just like the plow trucks run amber light bars, and turn on their hazards which may be their brake lights... You can run red to the rear if your in a position where you need your hazard lights. That's on city streets. Off city property, on private property, guess what? Wisconsin Traffic Code dosen't apply. Its not a "city road, alley, highway or right of way."

I've had no issue debating or even arguing with a LEO who didn't understand the law, or wasn't trained in an aspect of it. Of course, in Florida, I didn't feel I needed body armor to disagree with a KPD Officer. Obviously... You know the stories as well as I do about KPD.

I also got this information from an Officer in Racine Police, who was a hell of alot more resourceful than the KPDPIO. I wish I still had the KPD mail. It was classic. They use Outlook, and it kept having forwards. From the web team to the PIO adjuant, with "You want to answer this guy?" then "Here's his information. I don't know what he's asking." and finally, "I'll take care of it." from a Captain.

Comment

hey n.a. what do you mean competition? are you a police officer or work for security, or do you own a security company?
                        I own an IT company that is financing emough for a start up security company. Mainly because when I applied with the two security companies in Kenosha (once I came into town), they immediately went, "We don't have armed guards. You have a resume? Oh... OH. Did you know Kenosha Police is hiring?" Racine Public Safety and Racine Metro seem to be the only two within 25 miles of Kenosha that actually try to do more than put unarmed targets acting like valets at area hospitals and the public library system.

It took me a few minutes to realize the guy at the library wasn't a cop, because "Kenosha Private Police," to my southern mind, means he MUST be a police officer, it says "Police."

When a warm body company says, "Did you know the police department is hiring," I immediately lose all hope of getting hired. Securex Services, may their corporate decendants have better luck than they, used to say that to overqualified people, right after they said, "Security guards shouldn't carry loaded guns." They're out of business now, thankfully, and have been for a long time. Can't libel the dead!

Comment

Clarification NA, I live North of the Park (ya know.....that wonderfully safe one with the skatepark) and actually live in a pretty nice area. My wife and I both work in Racine, and man, the part of town that we drive though to get to work, well makes me wish they'd pass this CCW bill and fast! As for Guest... feel free to PM me with questions, I just won't answer them in the forum (bad business to put my companies name out, as much as I moan about my crappy job).

Comment

Originally posted by ff000525
                            Clarification NA, I live North of the Park (ya know.....that wonderfully safe one with the skatepark) and actually live in a pretty nice area. My wife and I both work in Racine, and man, the part of town that we drive though to get to work, well makes me wish they'd pass this CCW bill and fast! As for Guest... feel free to PM me with questions, I just won't answer them in the forum (bad business to put my companies name out, as much as I moan about my crappy job).
                            Heh. My girlfriend's mother lives north of the skatepark. I live (publically available) in Downtown. No, not those freaking condos.

From what I've seen, the only place you have to "fear" around here is the 60th Street strip. Of course, once you get into Racine County, its time to lock the doors and wonder why a DNR hunting rules requires your weapon be trunked seperate from the ammunition - your not hunting, your being hunted.

Comment

"Now, see, this is the fun part. When folks noticed the site, it had Chris's name on every page, with the copyright. "Designed By."

If I remember correctly, there's a few other relatives of his in the company. (That WI site is scary, listing more information so easily that I've ever seen before...)

It looked like Chris has had control of the site since these pictures were up. So, it lead me to believe that Chris had lock, stock, and barrel control of the website - it kept being updated, and it kept his name on it.

This is why I perfer not to sign web projects with my name, only provide a link to the company. I usually don't even put the company name on a client's webpage.

Eventually you folks will get some more pictures, and things will look "better" on the website."

well just so you know i am chris... and like i said it was done to protect my work, i can not really do anything about the pictures because those are better than none and its all i was on the server when i recieved the log on and password... but if you have any suggestions, just let me know. i would be more than happy to change things to make it look better. and no im not the LT with the zero retention holster. i also am told what to post and what not to post on the site, but will keep in mind that the name is probably bad practice, as i noticed by getting my name involved in previous posts...

however i dont have any family in security anywhere, i am the first in the field and in the family to choose police work other than an uncle with a different last name.

and as for racine public safety... they are a joke, 6 officers that dont work, one account, copied everything from metro including uniforms, and patches. they have been in lots of trouble and about to go out of business.

Comment

Originally posted by N. A. Corbier
                                "Now, see, this is the fun part. When folks noticed the site, it had Chris's name on every page, with the copyright. "Designed By."

Eventually you folks will get some more pictures, and things will look "better" on the website."
                                well just so you know i am chris... and like i said it was done to protect my work, i can not really do anything about the pictures because those are better than none and its all i was on the server when i recieved the log on and password... but if you have any suggestions, just let me know. i would be more than happy to change things to make it look better. and no im not the LT with the zero retention holster. i also am told what to post and what not to post on the site, but will keep in mind that the name is probably bad practice, as i noticed by getting my name involved in previous posts...

however i dont have any family in security anywhere, i am the first in the field and in the family to choose police work other than an uncle with a different last name.

and as for racine public safety... they are a joke, 6 officers that dont work, one account, copied everything from metro including uniforms, and patches. they have been in lots of trouble and about to go out of business.
                                Interesting. That's one of the reasons, if I use my name (Like here, and other places), I control exactly what its being used for.

I'm almost tempted to check the DOLR site again, just to see if my memory is faulty, but there's no need. I must of had a lapse of memory. There were several folks listed with the same last name working for RMSE.

You know, I had a card from Racine Public Safety. I looked at their patches, and went, "Gee, thats... really easy to copy." It took me 3 minutes in photoshop to make one from scratch. Knowing that RPS copied it from RMSE (Its easy to tell, RMSE was incorporated first), it gives me incentive to continue to work on the original design I had. I like the rounded box shape of the patches, though, it makes you stand out from the LE agency's patches.

Of course, I also do not want LAPD blue uniforms, because the local police use them. Dark Grey works just fine.

I also believe in extensive training, and giving equipment on loan so that you don't have people coming out with level 0 retention holsters or duty gear so worn you can no longer count the frays.

A good point is Kenosha County Courthouse, who just accepted a bid for 15 per man-hour for 3 unarmed guards. People local say they'll be paid 10 an hour. 5 dollars profit per man hour, for a warm body company? I'm guessing more along the lines of 6-7 an hour. With 6-7 an hour, you'll get high turn over, low morale, and no training. Would YOU want your company represented in a public venue like that, by someone who have no clue what they're doing?

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X