No announcement yet.

Metro Racine Safety Enforcement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What is interesting that I have seen these purple lights in use here on Hazmat and special services units. Frankly it's hard to tell the differance at a moments notice the difference between this and blue. Though it is darker than blue most people will associate it as such. The FHP has changed it's lighting system after 40 years of blue. They are using a sensor computer system to have thier lights run red during the day and blue at night. Thats really going to be weird.
    My views, opinions and statements are my own. They are not of my company, affiliates or coworkers.

-Being bagger at Publix has more respect these days

-It's just a job kid deal with it

-The industry needs to do one of two things; stop fiddling with the thin line and go forward or go back to that way it was. A flashlight in one hand and your set of keys in the other

Comment

Originally posted by Echos13
      What is interesting that I have seen these purple lights in use here on Hazmat and special services units. Frankly it's hard to tell the differance at a moments notice the difference between this and blue. Though it is darker than blue most people will associate it as such. The FHP has changed it's lighting system after 40 years of blue. They are using a sensor computer system to have thier lights run red during the day and blue at night. Thats really going to be weird.
      The hell...

I'm guessing LED. That's weird. Very.
      Some Kind of Commando Leader

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

Comment

Wow...Metro Racine...what an outfit. Has to be some of the sloppiest looking security patrol people I've seen. That guy in the middle is quite the grizzly bear.
        10-8

Comment

Originally posted by N. A. Corbier
          The hell...

I'm guessing LED. That's weird. Very.

Yep, heres a picture.

Gonna' take some getting use too!
          My views, opinions and statements are my own. They are not of my company, affiliates or coworkers.

-The industry needs to do one of two things; stop fiddling with the thin line and go forward or go back to that way it was. A flashlight in one hand and your set of keys in the other

Comment

Originally posted by Echos13
            Yep, heres a picture.

Gonna' take some getting use too!
            Ah, so pretty.
            10-8

Comment

Top Flite Security of the world!

I think that impala is a city unit and they're in cuffs.

Originally posted by EMTFirefighter
              Real professional-looking crew they've got there!

"Alright guys listen up, ya'll have probably heard this before, Jackson vs. Securiplex corporation; I am a private security officer, I have no State or governmental authority. I stand as an ordinary citizen. I have no right to; detain, interrogate or otherwise interfere with your personal property-... basically all that means is I'm a cop."-Officer Ernie
              "The Curve" 1998

Comment

Originally posted by Wackenhut Lawson
                Top Flite Security of the world!

I think that impala is a city unit and they're in cuffs.
                No kidding. They should have spent more on uniforms and less on new Impalas.
                10-8

Comment

The guy on the left has a uniform I can reasonably respect, the other two look like soup sandwiches.
                  "Alright guys listen up, ya'll have probably heard this before, Jackson vs. Securiplex corporation; I am a private security officer, I have no State or governmental authority. I stand as an ordinary citizen. I have no right to; detain, interrogate or otherwise interfere with your personal property-... basically all that means is I'm a cop."-Officer Ernie
                  "The Curve" 1998

Comment

I like this one... the caption is "Squad in action" ... I call it... "We pulled up behind a parked van and turned our lights on"

"The Curve" 1998

Comment

I dunno' these two look more like Luke Skywalker and Chewbaca stand-ins to me.

Comment

As noted earlier, in Wisconsin, so long as your on private property, you can run reds all you want. On the public road, you must be an authorized emergency vehicle to have red to the front. Authorized emergency vehicles, however, include tow trucks engaged in salvage or recovery operations (Wisconsin State Statutes).

As far as the pictures, someone needs to post the oblig anti-gang unit picture. When I showed this to a few friends here in Kenosha, they honestly believed that they were looking at a City of Racine Police Officer.
                        Some Kind of Commando Leader

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

Comment

"The City of Racine Police Department, Public Affairs Office, has stated that it is illegal in the City of Racine to run red lights facing foward or blue lights at any angle, on city, county, or state streets."

I would like to inform you that the company has written authorization from the County to run Red to the rear and white to the front on city streets, and red to the front only on private property, however for picture purposes most of the lights are all on and in some instances they are used on city streets when assisting with traffic control, or double parking while dealing with situation where parking is impossible (also opposite lane parking front facing on comming traffic) as well as PD requested incidents. i garruntee you wont find another company in wisconsin doing what metro does, they are a first to push past the norm. in security.
                          Last edited by guest4468; 01-26-2006, 08:36 AM.

Comment

as for holsters, i assure you that they are all triple retention holsters and have been observed and changed out. anyone with a zero level retention is an officer in low risk areas, however that should not matter... in my opinion you are correct some type of protection in retention should be used...

Comment

and last but not least, photos... the first batch of photos on their site are old photos, extremely old, taken mostly of the LT as you can see and he at the time had the website post all his photos, metro is in the process of taking new photos and replacing the older photos that you all seem to find funny, as do i also...

and only 2 squads are equipt with front facing red lights, all the rest are set up with white front facing lights, and are rarely used.
                              Last edited by guest4468; 01-26-2006, 08:37 AM.

Comment

Guest,
                                Hope you didn't take offense to these guys, they're just not used the way WI guys love thier beards, its dang cold up here . Well not this winter, but anyways. Not to be a butt kisser or anything, but I do actually appreciate the work you guys do. I work 2nd shift Security (***) in Racine and I know how crappy it can get. I work on S. Memorial so its not like I work in a great part of the city, we're always seeing cop cars and hearing chases (foot and vehicle) on the scanner. And that is why I reside 8 miles south of Racine.

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X