Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Metro Racine Safety Enforcement

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Metro Racine Safety Enforcement

    Anyone heard of this company? Can you tell me anything about them? From the pics on their site they seem to have IT together!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

  • #2
    Originally posted by mallpopo
    Anyone heard of this company? Can you tell me anything about them? From the pics on their site they seem to have IT together!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
    I see red lights in front of that impala, that's not one of their cruisers, or they're suicidal. Only fire and LE are authorized red lights facing the front of a vehicle.

    Other than that, here's another you might find interesting viewing:
    http://www.cisworldservices.org/
    Some Kind of Commando Leader

    "Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by EMTFirefighter
      That's not entirely true. The college I work for equips their vehicles with red lights and siren. It's allowed under NYS Education Law. We're "public safety officers." It's a paperwork game.
      I'll clarify, as I forgot to mention "In Wisconsin..."

      Having contacted Racine Police Department, they advise me that you can run any color you want, on private property only. Turn those reds on a public street, and you get a ticket.

      In Florida, you had best be a fireman/police/ambulance to have red on the front, in any fashion, anywhere. Blue is a felony. Green is a felony (EMS Supervisor).

      I'm told in Missouri, by a police officer, that red can be run by God knows all sorts... Volly Fire, Doctors, EMS, Tow...
      Some Kind of Commando Leader

      "Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

      Comment


      • #4
        As far as their uniforms... That's why I plan on spending money, to make sure people get actual uniforms that fit them, and aren't walking around with Uncle Mike's Retention Level 0 Sporting Holsters like that one guy is.

        If anyone from Metro Racine reads this: Please - get better holsters. I do not want to read about an agency to the north of me having a successful gun grab.
        Some Kind of Commando Leader

        "Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by EMTFirefighter
          I wasn't talking about the uniforms if you catch my drift!
          I do, but, you work with what you have, if you know what I mean... Then again, I do not compromise on uniform standards - including grooming.
          Some Kind of Commando Leader

          "Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

          Comment


          • #6
            Wow that CIS department should just be a police department. Looks like a good place to work But damn they are basically officers. Running plastes and people damn. They must be like private police or something.
            Robert
            Here endith the lesson

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Arff312
              Wow that CIS department should just be a police department. Looks like a good place to work But damn they are basically officers. Running plastes and people damn. They must be like private police or something.
              ROTFL. In Florida, 29.95 a month to a company called FLPro will get you state-wide DMV access. What they don't tell people is that they can only run FLORIDA tags.

              I worked for a competitor of CIS, and will be using alot of CIS's proven technology up here. Running plates and such things like that is easy in a state like Florida, where they sell DMV records to data warehouses. Because CIS is a private investigation company, the Florida Driver Privacy Act dosen't apply to them, they can run a tag even if the information is privacy or law enforcement blocked.

              Best part about Florida was that through a web interface, you could run anyone for state-wide warrants, missing persons, and run property including weapon serial numbers. It motivates the police to respond alot faster when you can say, "We have this guy, he comes back as wanted, please come and verify." The dispatcher will immediately send a police vehicle, and the responding officer KNOWS he has something - not just aother stupid call.

              The only thing I don't like about the way CIS uses their laptops is its all older cellular technology, not GMRS, Packet Radio, or Nextel iDEN. I'm not sure how much they have to shell out to replace the radios in all their cruisers.
              Some Kind of Commando Leader

              "Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

              Comment


              • #8
                i wouldnt be so sure... i know the silver impala is a company squad and they are authorised to use lights on city streets and also allowed to respond to emergencies under direct order of an LEO or commanding LEO. i dont think everyones pics are on their website, i have heard that this company is quite the run for the money, not only do they work closely with the racine police dept. and surrounding depts. but they also carry most contracts for the areas the PD just cant patrol due to lack of officers and high crime. from what i understand metro is a great asset to racine and their guestbook says it all.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by guest4468
                  i wouldnt be so sure... i know the silver impala is a company squad and they are authorised to use lights on city streets and also allowed to respond to emergencies under direct order of an LEO or commanding LEO. i dont think everyones pics are on their website, i have heard that this company is quite the run for the money, not only do they work closely with the racine police dept. and surrounding depts. but they also carry most contracts for the areas the PD just cant patrol due to lack of officers and high crime. from what i understand metro is a great asset to racine and their guestbook says it all.
                  The City of Racine Police Department, Public Affairs Office, has stated that it is illegal in the City of Racine to run red lights facing foward or blue lights at any angle, on city, county, or state streets.

                  A law enforcement officer may direct a civilian at the scene to activate them, however, without a written authorization from the Chief of Police, this can be countermanded at any time.

                  Having looked into "red to the front," it can be a useful asset, however, I will perfer to use red to the rear, white to the front, so that I don't have to go begging 20 agencies for letters of authorization.
                  Some Kind of Commando Leader

                  "Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by N. A. Corbier
                    ...

                    I worked for a competitor of CIS, and will be using alot of CIS's proven technology up here. Running plates and such things like that is easy in a state like Florida, where they sell DMV records to data warehouses. Because CIS is a private investigation company, the Florida Driver Privacy Act dosen't apply to them, they can run a tag even if the information is privacy or law enforcement blocked.
                    Sounds interesting, but who monitors them for abuse. Having worked as a police dispatcher, I know that regular audits are performed in Conn. to ensure that all requests for such information by LE and dispatch are legitimate. Violators are subject to fines and/or prison time.
                    Security: Freedom from fear; danger; safe; a feeling of well-being. (Webster's)

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Mr. Security
                      Sounds interesting, but who monitors them for abuse. Having worked as a police dispatcher, I know that regular audits are performed in Conn. to ensure that all requests for such information by LE and dispatch are legitimate. Violators are subject to fines and/or prison time.
                      No one needs to. The information is freely accessable from third parties, you just have to buy it.
                      Some Kind of Commando Leader

                      "Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by N. A. Corbier
                        No one needs to. The information is freely accessable from third parties, you just have to buy it.
                        Interesting.
                        Security: Freedom from fear; danger; safe; a feeling of well-being. (Webster's)

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Same thing in my area.... You can easily get DMV records & things like that, online in real-time... you just have to pay the $ for it...

                          One thing I've found that's nice in WA compared to OR where I was working, is WA actually has a site online to view court cases for criminal, DV, juvenile, etc... So if I make an FI stop with someone, I can plug his name in on this site, choose a type of case to look for, and see if he has a record at all... Doesn't show current warrants, unfortunately, but still comes in handy.. Especially since it's free.. lol
                          Corbier's Commandos - "Stickin it to the ninjas!"
                          Originally posted by ValleyOne
                          BANG, next thing you know Bob's your Uncle and this Sgt is seemingly out on his a$$.
                          Shoulda called in sick.
                          Be safe!

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Bridgegate
                            Same thing in my area.... You can easily get DMV records & things like that, online in real-time... you just have to pay the $ for it...

                            One thing I've found that's nice in WA compared to OR where I was working, is WA actually has a site online to view court cases for criminal, DV, juvenile, etc... So if I make an FI stop with someone, I can plug his name in on this site, choose a type of case to look for, and see if he has a record at all... Doesn't show current warrants, unfortunately, but still comes in handy.. Especially since it's free.. lol
                            In Minnesota I use my cellular internet-enabled PDA constantly to look up information on people. Most of the counties on the metro area allow you to search warrants, booking info, criminal complaints, etc. The DMV allows you access to the deputy registrar website (obviously all editing functions are deactivated, you can only search). It can get spendy at $4.00 per plate.

                            We also subscribe to several online data warehouses, that allow us to look up all sorts of records from every state (DMV, DOC, etc).

                            It's really nice to know who you are dealing with, especially if they have a warrant.
                            "To win one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the highest skill. To subdue the enemy without fighting is the highest skill." Sun-Tzu

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Racine Metro Safety

                              Less than two years ago these guys only had 9 employees, checking the Dept of Reg and Licensing it shows now they have over 20 people working for them, looks up and coming..... maybe I'll apply there, or maybe I'll wait until N.A. starts something up ....

                              Comment

                              Leaderboard

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X