X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jackhole
    replied
    Originally posted by 1stWatch
    Yes that's what I thought. That's how we classify them here too, except we call the polo shirt/bdu pants uniform a class C. What I normally wear is a short sleeved class A, dark navy blue with decorations on it like red epaulets, metal buttons, and citation pins.
    If that's how you classify them where you work, then you wear a Class B. The person pictured in your avatar is wearing a Class A uniform.

Leave a comment:

• 1stWatch
    replied
    Originally posted by IB107
    class A is usually = dress standards/formal
    class B = unformal/work wear
    Utility = polos/shorts and etc in most places..
    Yes that's what I thought. That's how we classify them here too, except we call the polo shirt/bdu pants uniform a class C. What I normally wear is a short sleeved class A, dark navy blue with decorations on it like red epaulets, metal buttons, and citation pins.

Leave a comment:

• Ms. Enforcer
    replied
    My boss won't allow the guys to wear polos. I feel sorry for them, they have to wear Blazers all year round.

Leave a comment:

• IB107
    replied
    class A is usually = dress standards/formal
    class B = unformal/work wear
    Utility = polos/shorts and etc in most places..

Leave a comment:

• 1stWatch
    replied
    Originally posted by Jackhole
    There's no such thing as a short-sleeve Class A. What you're probably wearing are Class Bs (your typical police-style uniform).
    Perhaps you're right. Everybody around here still calls them class A's though, including the cops.

Leave a comment:

• Jackhole
    replied
    Originally posted by 1stWatch
    We have to wear class a's all year round. The only difference is long sleeves vs. short sleeves.
    There's no such thing as a short-sleeve Class A. What you're probably wearing are Class Bs (your typical police-style uniform).

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Originally posted by HotelSecurity
    What's the difference between a Police Officer & a Constable?
    Here on Kwajalein a Constable is an unarmed, non-sworn, observe and report type of security guard. Why KPD chose the title "Constable" over "Security Guard" is beyond me.

Constables only carry radios and no weapons whatsoever. They have no powers of arrest or detainment. If they observe something, they are to call a sworn officer over the radio to come and handle the situation. Constables are usually deployed at the Dock Security Checkpoint or the Airport, and there are two Constables assigned to the Marine Police as deckhands.

In the U.S. some states use "Constable" as a title for sworn officers. I believe Texas has several Constable departments. In California, where I am from, there are no constables. The only titles for sworn officers are Police Officer, Deputy Sheriff, Deputy Marshall, or Park Ranger. The California Highway Patrol is unique, in that their official title is "Traffic Officer" but no one ever calls them that. Most use "officer", but I hear they like to be called "trooper"!

Leave a comment:

• darrell
    replied
    I wish I could wear a polo but its not allowed.

Assuming I get my bike for patrol then I will get a summer uniform. Untill then its shot sleeve w/o tie in summer.

Leave a comment:

• talon
    replied
    Originally posted by davis002
    Thanks for the advice, but i'm not worried about that pic.

I'm not necessarily giving you advice...I know most guys and gals here have it together, but there is always a newbie around somewhere that can get the wrong idea.

Leave a comment:

• darrell
    replied
    [QUOTE=HotelSecurity]
    Originally posted by histfan71
    Police Officers wear white polos, Access Control Officers wear blue polos, and Constables wear tan polos.

IN the US depending on the area there isn't any difference. Some places constables are process servers.

Leave a comment:

• davis002
    replied
    Originally posted by talon
    Be careful with pictures like that of you floating around, as soon as you have to subdue a suspect with your baton that pic may be used against you to show that you are "gung ho".

Always take professional looking pics that show you as a "Mature Officer" not a crazed ninja, kung fu commando.
    Thanks for the advice, but i'm not worried about that pic.

Leave a comment:

• talon
    replied
    Originally posted by davis002
    We wear a dark grey/slate grey polo at accounts where a "softer" appearance is needed. The attached photo isn't great, but it gives you an idea.

Be careful with pictures like that of you floating around, as soon as you have to subdue a suspect with your baton that pic may be used against you to show that you are "gung ho".

Always take professional looking pics that show you as a "Mature Officer" not a crazed ninja, kung fu commando.

Leave a comment:

• N. A. Corbier
    replied
    Davis002, those are not escrima sticks. No matter how much they LOOK like them, and how well it applies, they're escrima sticks.

Leave a comment:

• davis002
    replied
    We wear a dark grey/slate grey polo at accounts where a "softer" appearance is needed. The attached photo isn't great, but it gives you an idea.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• HotelSecurity
    replied
    [QUOTE=histfan71]
    Police Officers wear white polos, Access Control Officers wear blue polos, and Constables wear tan polos.

Leave a comment:

Leaderboard

Collapse
Working...
X