we got our polos in!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by davis002
    Thanks for the advice, but i'm not worried about that pic.

I'm not necessarily giving you advice...I know most guys and gals here have it together, but there is always a newbie around somewhere that can get the wrong idea.

Comment

I wish I could wear a polo but its not allowed.

Assuming I get my bike for patrol then I will get a summer uniform. Untill then its shot sleeve w/o tie in summer.
      http://img363.imageshack.us/img363/3203/darrell29jc.gif

The FUTURE is MSP...

Comment

Originally posted by HotelSecurity
        What's the difference between a Police Officer & a Constable?
        Here on Kwajalein a Constable is an unarmed, non-sworn, observe and report type of security guard. Why KPD chose the title "Constable" over "Security Guard" is beyond me.

Constables only carry radios and no weapons whatsoever. They have no powers of arrest or detainment. If they observe something, they are to call a sworn officer over the radio to come and handle the situation. Constables are usually deployed at the Dock Security Checkpoint or the Airport, and there are two Constables assigned to the Marine Police as deckhands.

In the U.S. some states use "Constable" as a title for sworn officers. I believe Texas has several Constable departments. In California, where I am from, there are no constables. The only titles for sworn officers are Police Officer, Deputy Sheriff, Deputy Marshall, or Park Ranger. The California Highway Patrol is unique, in that their official title is "Traffic Officer" but no one ever calls them that. Most use "officer", but I hear they like to be called "trooper"!

Comment

Originally posted by 1stWatch
          We have to wear class a's all year round. The only difference is long sleeves vs. short sleeves.
          There's no such thing as a short-sleeve Class A. What you're probably wearing are Class Bs (your typical police-style uniform).

Comment

Originally posted by Jackhole
            There's no such thing as a short-sleeve Class A. What you're probably wearing are Class Bs (your typical police-style uniform).
            Perhaps you're right. Everybody around here still calls them class A's though, including the cops.
            "We appreciate all the hard work you've done, the dedicated hours you have worked, and the lives you have saved. However, since this is your third time being late to work, we are terminating your employment here."

Comment

class A is usually = dress standards/formal
              class B = unformal/work wear
              Utility = polos/shorts and etc in most places..
              When not at work or out watching a moive.. passed out at the keyboard.

Comment

My boss won't allow the guys to wear polos. I feel sorry for them, they have to wear Blazers all year round.

Comment

Originally posted by IB107
                  class A is usually = dress standards/formal
                  class B = unformal/work wear
                  Utility = polos/shorts and etc in most places..
                  Yes that's what I thought. That's how we classify them here too, except we call the polo shirt/bdu pants uniform a class C. What I normally wear is a short sleeved class A, dark navy blue with decorations on it like red epaulets, metal buttons, and citation pins.
                  "We appreciate all the hard work you've done, the dedicated hours you have worked, and the lives you have saved. However, since this is your third time being late to work, we are terminating your employment here."

Comment

Originally posted by 1stWatch
                    Yes that's what I thought. That's how we classify them here too, except we call the polo shirt/bdu pants uniform a class C. What I normally wear is a short sleeved class A, dark navy blue with decorations on it like red epaulets, metal buttons, and citation pins.
                    If that's how you classify them where you work, then you wear a Class B. The person pictured in your avatar is wearing a Class A uniform.

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X