Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SeanCO
    replied
    I like our uniforms and they are comfortable as well. We wear black BDU pants with dark green shirts with badge, collar pins(only with rank), etc, and choice of BW leather or my choice nylon duty gear. It's more of a tactical look, but very clean and not overly "aggressive".

As for our professionalism all of us (even though that is only 5) are former/current Military or LEO's. With my military backround I am a true believer in the image projection doctrine. The way you look not only reflects on you as a person but the company/people you represent. So what your uniform actually consists of is not nearly as important as how you WEAR it.

Leave a comment:

• Arff312
    replied
    I prefer to wear my Polo Shirt and 5.11 Tactical pants. With vest and belt it looks professional yet is rugged to work in.

Leave a comment:

• Mr. Security
    replied
    Originally posted by EMTGuard
    I like the polyester "police style" uniform, (Blue shirt -black slacks-badge-patches-etc,) we wear now. Word came down a few weeks ago that the EMTs will be swapping over to an all black, all cotton uniform in the near future. The regular Security Officers, unarmed and armed, will keep the current style uniform.
    I try to avoid polyester because it melts on your skin from the heat of a fire. If you know anything about the treatment process in a burn unit, you will try to avoid poly too. (If you have a choice in the matter)

Leave a comment:

• dmleblanc
    replied
    Hey, everybody, first time posting here....I surfed over from Firehouse.com. I'm in Emergency Services/Security in a large industrial facility, and we wear Blauer Streetgear uniforms...midnight blue top and bottom....good rugged outfit, sort of a cross between BDU's and a police patrol uniform. No brass or badges, have department patch on one shoulder, American flag and EMT patch (optional) on opposite shoulder, name is embroidered on shirt. I think it's a good outfit for our position...looks professional but still comfortable and rugged enough for when we have to get a little dirty.

We have a screen-printed "Emergency Services" t-shirt we can wear for training or for "dirty & sweaty" work...can't wear it for regular duty wear unless engaged in some physical work...We normally wear it under the uniform shirt so we can ditch the uniform shirt if we need to.

Our duties range from dealing with visitors and on-site clients to servicing fire extinguishers and resetting sprinkler systems in the process areas, so we can literally go between these two extremes several times a day....our uniforms have to look good enough for the former and be rugged and comfortable enough for the latter.

Leave a comment:

• 1stWatch
    replied
    My issued uniform is a midnight blue police style uniform shirt with red shoulder epaulets and silver buttons. There is a state-required company patch on the left shoulder and an American flag patch on the right shoulder.
    The badge says "security officer" in visible lettering. There are pins over the right shirt pocket above the name tag for certifications, tenure of service, and awards, such as driver safety, lifesaving, good conduct, meritorious conduct, and felony arrest.
    The pants are black with a red half-inch stripe on the sides of the legs.
    The shoes are polished black leather and the duty belt and gear are also polished black leather.

Leave a comment:

• EMTGuard
    replied
    I like the polyester "police style" uniform, (Blue shirt -black slacks-badge-patches-etc,) we wear now. Word came down a few weeks ago that the EMTs will be swapping over to an all black, all cotton uniform in the near future. The regular Security Officers, unarmed and armed, will keep the current style uniform.
    Last edited by EMTGuard; 11-07-2005, 01:28 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Mr. Security
    replied
    My company requires its s/o's to wear the 'blazer' uniform. Makes me look like a doorman (no offense to those who are). I'd rather wear a traditional guard uniform in a color that clearly distinguishes us from LE. Example: White uniform shirt with epaulets/shoulder boards and forest green trousers. Badge would not have the state seal, just the scales of justice.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    The Job & The Uniform

The type and style of uniform worn by a Security Guard should be in keeping with the type of duties being performed; with occupational health and safety being the paramount consideration. What sould be worn while patrolling a construction site or an industrial site, would be different to say what was being worn on gate duties or in a shopping centre.

There are many Private Security Companies who dress their Security Guards in uniforms as closely as possible to that of the local police and in my opinion this is wrong, for it not only confuses the public but also draws criticism and allegations that the Security Guard is trying to play Mr Policeman.

In so far as the recruitment of Security Guards is concerned, I believe that security guard work is more suited for the older mature person, ie retired law enforcement or military. It is not the job for a young person with little or any other work experience, especially one who is a wannabe or reject cop.

In the days when most large corporations employed their own Security Guards, most, if not all of those recruited, were retired law enforcement or military.

Leave a comment:

• Mr. Security
    replied
    Originally posted by EMTFirefighter
    Let me guess, you're just the guy to show me the "error of my ways," right?

No, I don't think that's possible for me or anyone else. Some people just have to learn the hard way. It's all up to you.

Leave a comment:

• Mr. Security
    replied
    No, because airline pilots and police officers have real jobs.
    So do security officers. It's not the job that determines whether it's a "real job." It's your attitude towards the job that makes the difference. Your flippant comments convey a lack of maturity that, if not corrected, will affect ANY job that you do.

Leave a comment:

• N. A. Corbier
    replied

God, if he is in the slightest way serious, I'd hate to be his employer. Could you imagine the worker's comp claim on that?

And, I don't buy 80 dollar badges to have them thrown like throwing stars. Then again, traditional throwing stars are used as distraction devices. Even skilled ninja cannot disable an opponent with a "ninja star," but they can escape when you throw one or more into some trees to make noise.

He gets the 8.99 lion badge from Quartermaster.

Leave a comment:

• davido
    replied
    re

I prefer a "police-style" uniform but without too much security yahoo stuff on there. i.e. Stupid badges, huge patches, useless collar brass, etc.
    I like the collar brass, when I used to wear mine I could unpin mine and use them as brass knuckles... and the badge I could unhook and use as a throwing star

Leave a comment:

• Arff312
    replied
    Originally posted by N. A. Corbier
    Spending 8 hours outdoors, without an air conditioned crown vic to sit in, dictates that you need a better uniform than what the cops wear while sitting in a cruiser.
    I usually work exterior patrols. We have pickup (AC's Broke) and a golf cart. I always wear a vest so its that much hotter. We also have a bike patrol too But theres only like 4 officers who do it. myself, a corpral and 2 others.

Leave a comment:

• N. A. Corbier
    replied
    Originally posted by Arff312
    My company allows us to dress in a similar matter when wearing a bike patrol/ Tactical uniform. Its all i wear not to look like a cop or anything its just more comfortable.
    Spending 8 hours outdoors, without an air conditioned crown vic to sit in, dictates that you need a better uniform than what the cops wear while sitting in a cruiser.

Leave a comment:

• N. A. Corbier
    replied
    Yes, SIR! Should I salute? Which rank are you?
    Managing Director. Notice how it says it underneath my name?

Leave a comment:

Leaderboard

Collapse
Working...
X