Favorite uniform....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Favorite uniform....

For me, it has been the "soft" uniform for office buildings.
    Slacks, white shirt, black dress shoes, tie of some kind, blazer, etc...

Makes it easier to swing by the store on the way home, or to work for groceries without making hardly any changes before going in.
    Observe and report what you saw with a good flashlight.
    Bedtime at sunrise

I wear a full officer style uniform including pants with stripe down the sides, so I have to change everything if I don't want to look like I just got off a security job.
    A plain blazer style uniform would be nice but not appropriate in some environments.

Comment

My favorite uniform is our BDU/ Bike uniform. It consists of a Polo shirt, Bdu pant, Boots, as well as duty belt. I like this because it is comfortable when working with a Vest and doing exterior patrols.
      Robert
      Here endith the lesson

Comment

My favorite uniform was a "Special Services Unit" uniform, because it was really comfortable. It was a t-shirt uniform, with appropriate wording on front and back identifying us as officers, BDU pants, duty boots, and duty rig. When it became cold, we wore a 2 pocket BDU blouse over the T-Shirt.
        Some Kind of Commando Leader

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

Comment

Originally posted by EMTFirefighter
          I prefer a "police-style" uniform but without too much security yahoo stuff on there. i.e. Stupid badges, huge patches, useless collar brass, etc.
          Please define "stupid badge," and "useless collar brass?" Also, note, that some states, that huge patch is required, as you are required to be easily identifable, not only as a security officer but which agency you work for, at no less than 25 feet.

I would rather officers wear a hard badge, and insignia collar brass, as it has a more professional look to it. If the agency wants to have a soft look, get polo shirts. If your going to wear a "police type" uniform, then it should do what its trying to do, emulate the standards of a typical police uniform, which emulates the standards of a military uniform.

My last agency issued citation bars, and FTO pins to FTOs. Since some officers merited citations such as "meritorious service," etc, it also became a sign of respect by local LEOs, because they knew what those pins were, and knew that the company didn't issue them lightly.

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

Comment

Stupid badge - pretty much any badge issued to a security guard
            Useless collar brass - There's no point in security. "Sergeant?" "Lieutenant?" LOL Get over yourselves, you're security guards! If you want to play cop, be a cop.
            Ok i wear a badge at work. We are requored by the company (not sure if its a state thing) to wear the badge while on duty. Even in polos we need to have it on our belts. As far as rank yes there is a point in it. When a customer wants to speak to a supersvisor they know they are talking to a supervisor not just another officer. Yes sometimes its dumb but its needed in some situations. I and a few other officers wear EMT brass as we are emts. This allows use to be easily identified in an emergency. Which is another good reason for brass. Thats just my 2 cents.
            Robert
            Here endith the lesson

Comment

Stupid badge - pretty much any badge issued to a security guard
              Useless collar brass - There's no point in security. "Sergeant?" "Lieutenant?" LOL Get over yourselves, you're security guards! If you want to play cop, be a cop.
              You obviously have a very low opinion of private security. Which makes me wonder why your in it. Easy job, no requirement to do anything?

The comparison is weak. Do airline pilots "play navy" by wearing naval-style pilot uniforms? Do police officers "play military" by wearing military-style uniforms, both the Class A and B, and now the "tactical" uniform? By your definition, yes, they do, and all should "get over themselves."
              Last edited by N. A. Corbier; 10-04-2005, 02:46 AM.

Comment

No, because airline pilots and police officers have real jobs.

I'm in private security because it's the closest job to what I'm interested in. I work at a college, so I go to the college for free and can do my homework while I'm working. The benefits are good and the pay is excellent.
                EMT i have been sitting by and watching you argue. Here is my take of what i have seen . Obviously you have a low opinion of security work. By saying Airline pilots and P.O's have real jobs. Why wouldnt you consider security a real job. Personal security is a real job that people make careers out of. I think that if you are just doing this job to get free school there is a problem. I am doing this because i enjoy it and am making some extra money doing something i like. If you are going to just reply to this and make a generalization or say something stupid please just save your time. Obviously you want to be a firefighter/emt but i will say you making comments like you have and inciting fights has given a bad impression of firefighters. Please just reply to items of intrest and dont start fights. This is a forum for people who ENJOY there job, Want to exchange CREDIBLE info and dont think they aren't working at a real job.
                Robert
                Here endith the lesson

Comment

I like and enjoy my job also. I'm not trying to be a Firefighter/EMT, I already am one and have been so for 4 years. Who's starting fights? Certainly not me.
                  I am merley stating what i have seen. It seems that every post on here you try to knock down. I would suggest that laws are different ever where and there are different hob descriptions for security across the country. Even in the same state. I know this because my dad is a police officer in New yourk and i security in California. ( yes i know my parents split). we always run across differences when talking. So lets just move on here and start off new.
                  Robert
                  Here endith the lesson

Comment

Port Authority Police
                    Robert
                    Here endith the lesson

Comment

No, because airline pilots and police officers have real jobs.

I'm in private security because it's the closest job to what I'm interested in. I work at a college, so I go to the college for free and can do my homework while I'm working. The benefits are good and the pay is excellent.
                      Welcome to the world of generalizations. Mr. Bill Warnock, one of our local "celebrities," is in Private Security. He is a security consultant, and most likely makes several hundred thousand dollars per year. He is a highly trained professional, and you have just said that he does not have a real job.

You know how on o.com, you troll a cop, you get banned? This is the sister site of o.com, and your trolling. I believe you've been warned by the administration.

Please conduct yourself in a manner befitting a professional, or simply go find another forum.

Comment

Now, what the hell were we talking about before EMTFirefighter showed up?

Comment

I prefer the BDU pants tucked into a nice pair of issue combat/patrol boots....Let's face it, you never know what you'll need to do in this line of work I also think the t-shirt with "SECURITY" on it lets people know we have authority. I top that off with my badge on a chain around my neck.

Comment

Originally posted by mallpopo
                            I prefer the BDU pants tucked into a nice pair of issue combat/patrol boots....Let's face it, you never know what you'll need to do in this line of work I also think the t-shirt with "SECURITY" on it lets people know we have authority. I top that off with my badge on a chain around my neck.
                            Wow! What security company are you with? What mall you at? Sounds like you guys have a really awesome operation! How do I sign up?

Comment

Wow. My condolences to him and his lost brothers and sisters.
                              Thanks yes he was a big player in 9-11. He was one of the officers in charge of the night shift operations at the WTC for over a year statring on 9-11. He is now on the FEMA emergency response team for the northeast. In addition to his normal duties at the police department.
                              Robert
                              Here endith the lesson

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X