Need help with assignment please.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help with assignment please.

I have been given a task. To provide a list of requirements/license for Security Officer (Armed/Unarmed) and Security Agency requiements/license for six states. Georgia, Louisianna, Mississippi, South Carolina, Tennessee and Texas.

Anyone know the individual state web sites that have the information I need? Or maybe one person from each state can jump in with thier state information? Please help an old student.

Web sites (or book) would be good because I have to provide a list of reference material.
    Last edited by mh892; 06-10-2006, 12:49 AM.

Texas

http://www.txdps.state.tx.us/psb/

Here is the website for Texas. Has PDF Manuals you can download as well on TX Security. Good luck.

Comment

Thank you, thank you. Capt. Don. Would you believe I just spent over an hour on Texas.Gov and never saw this page? Big help. I may have some questions for you later if you don't mind? Thanks again. Been a long time since I was a student. LOL.

Comment

Originally posted by mh892
        Thank you, thank you. Capt. Don. Would you believe I just spent over an hour on Texas.Gov and never saw this page? Big help. I may have some questions for you later if you don't mind? Thanks again. Been a long time since I was a student. LOL.
        No prob, any time.

Comment

http://www.ncdoj.com/law_enforcement/cle_pps.jsp

North Carolina

Comment

In LA., we had to take 2 8 hour classes for both armed and unarmed security, pass a test on each class, then take another 8 hour class for armed.

They have been rather lax post Katrina, I took the armed class my 2nd week there, and did not get the 16 hour basic course until 3 months later, and they cheated giving us that. they basically sat us down with the test and read us the answers. (Not the state agency, but the company I worked for.)

Comment

www.google.com

Comment

Originally posted by Jackhole
                No, no, no.......not funny. Been at that for a total of six hours and still ain't got all the info yet. Try agin'.

Comment

Info for Louisiana Security- http://www.state.la.us/osr/lac/46v59/46v59.pdf
                  Good Luck.
                  Hospital Security Officer

Comment

O.K. I've found most of the information I need. In the process I have used up my week-end off. Anyway, Mississippi is being very uncooperative with information. After five hours trying everything I know about computer searching (which ain't much) I gave up.

Anyone lead me to a web site with the information I need for Mississippi? Any help would be appreciated.

Comment

O.K. I've found most of the information I need. In the process I have used up my week-end off. Anyway, Mississippi is being very uncooperative with information. After five hours trying everything I know about computer searching (which ain't much) I gave up.

Anyone lead me to a web site with the information I need for Mississippi? Any help would be appreciated.
                      mh892 - it seems that the State of Mississippi is just getting around to state level licensing for security guards/businesses.

Here's the link to the law signed by the Govenor.

http://billstatus.ls.state.ms.us/doc...9/SB2810IN.htm

That might getting you going in the right direction.

I do know from hunting around for you that security guards need a firearms permit from the state department of public safety to carry.

Good luck with the continuing hunt.
                      "It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." -Aristotle

Comment

THANK YOU, Bull. Just what I needed. Now I can sleep tonight without getting up to 'try one more thing'.

Comment

Up until 1997, Wisconsin has city registration for armed security persons. You got a permit at your local police department to be a security person. After 1997, DRL took it over.
                          Some Kind of Commando Leader

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

Comment

I have been given a task. To provide a list of requirements/license for Security Officer (Armed/Unarmed) and Security Agency requiements/license for six states. Georgia, Louisianna, Mississippi, South Carolina, Tennessee and Texas.

Anyone know the individual state web sites that have the information I need? Or maybe one person from each state can jump in with thier state information? Please help an old student.

Web sites (or book) would be good because I have to provide a list of reference material.
                            mh892, do you have everything you need? If not, I have all of those links in "my favorites". Let me know, I would be glad to help.
                            Richard Dickinson
                            Dickinson Security Management Group, LLC
                            DSMG Provides a Variety of Software Products and Consulting Services to the Contract Security Industry
                            www.hrdickinson.com

Comment

Originally posted by hrdickinson
                              mh892, do you have everything you need? If not, I have all of those links in "my favorites". Let me know, I would be glad to help.
                              Yes. That would be great, Richard. Actually, I may or may not have the appropriate web sites to gather all the information I need. Thanks for the offer.

Would you send your e-mail address to me? I have something I'd like to talk to you about if I may? Steve at [email protected]

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X