Ca Ccw

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ca Ccw

Most of you know that I've been working contract nightclub security as a bouncer, and more recently a supervisor. Unfortunately the company I work for lost the major nightclub contract where I was a supervisor.

So I was talking to my boss and he agreed to sponsor me to get a CCW (hard in CA), so I can work some close protection gigs with the company when they come along.

I am in the process of getting 3 letters from solid citizens, and my "good cause" is for use at work while doing high risk protection...(my company gave me a paragraph to write.)

My question is about the CA CCW (San Diego County): Will I be issued one that easily? My boss said the process wasn't very hard and he has sponsored other people before with no problems. Will my CCW have restrictions, like only while on duty for only this company?

If anybody in here has experience with CA CCWs I would greatly appreciate it.

PS: I will also be posting under the same name at:
    http://www.calccw.com/Forums/
    Police Officer

Experience: Bouncer, EMT, Theme Park Security, Money Transport, Armed Guard

Originally posted by dannyr619 View Post
    Most of you know that I've been working contract nightclub security as a bouncer, and more recently a supervisor. Unfortunately the company I work for lost the major nightclub contract where I was a supervisor.

So I was talking to my boss and he agreed to sponsor me to get a CCW (hard in CA), so I can work some close protection gigs with the company when they come along.

I am in the process of getting 3 letters from solid citizens, and my "good cause" is for use at work while doing high risk protection...(my company gave me a paragraph to write.)

My question is about the CA CCW (San Diego County): Will I be issued one that easily? My boss said the process wasn't very hard and he has sponsored other people before with no problems. Will my CCW have restrictions, like only while on duty for only this company?

If anybody in here has experience with CA CCWs I would greatly appreciate it.

PS: I will also be posting under the same name at:
    http://www.calccw.com/Forums/
    That confuses the hell out of me.

The idea of a county or state putting restrictions on a permit for a normal citizen to carry a weapon after showing sufficient need make no sense to me. You aren't applying, really, for some type of special power to carry based on your occupation... If you were, then you would be making said application to the state agency that licenses security personnel and private investigators.

My condolences.
    Some Kind of Commando Leader

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

Comment

california doesn't allow open carry and you have to copulate the local leo's to be able to carry concealed.

Then!!!

it's county dependant, it's not a statewide thing, if you go to a different county you're supposed to call that sherriff and let them know you're coming.

I prefer alaska. Carry
      Overmotivated and Underpaid... I'm a Security supervisors wet dream...

Comment

Originally posted by Alaska Security View Post
        california doesn't allow open carry and you have to copulate the local leo's to be able to carry concealed.

Then!!!

it's county dependant, it's not a statewide thing, if you go to a different county you're supposed to call that sherriff and let them know you're coming.

I prefer alaska. Carry
        So, when you say "copulate the local leos," you mean what exactly?
        Jerry
        http://personalprotectionconcepts.info

Comment

I live in L.A. Ca. I only seen one CCW and that was from San Bernardino County and it stated "not for employment purposes" . If I could get one I could make a decent income and get away from the uniformed stuff. I've graduated from Executive Security International, Compleated training with the Executive protection institute, two VIP/PSD courses with TFTT and a two day course with Scotties driver/bodyguard course and a four day VIP course with the State of Ca. Of course this really means nothing due to the fact I donot have a CCW. For most of the higher paying gigs one needs a CCW. So regardless of your education/training without an CCW one could find himself a really well trained uniformed guard. A month ago while taking some advace S/O training with the State a retired L.A.S.D. advised the reason we cannot get CCW's and that was because it would conflict with the income of off duty officers. "Those who make the rules, keep the gold"
          IM currently taking an EMT course and plan on studing computers and other aspects of the I.T. business.I hope it will be more rewarding.

Comment

Originally posted by ESI AGENT View Post
            I live in L.A. Ca. I only seen one CCW and that was from San Bernardino County and it stated "not for employment purposes" . If I could get one I could make a decent income and get away from the uniformed stuff. I've graduated from Executive Security International, Compleated training with the Executive protection institute, two VIP/PSD courses with TFTT and a two day course with Scotties driver/bodyguard course and a four day VIP course with the State of Ca. Of course this really means nothing due to the fact I donot have a CCW. For most of the higher paying gigs one needs a CCW. So regardless of your education/training without an CCW one could find himself a really well trained uniformed guard. A month ago while taking some advace S/O training with the State a retired L.A.S.D. advised the reason we cannot get CCW's and that was because it would conflict with the income of off duty officers. "Those who make the rules, keep the gold"
            IM currently taking an EMT course and plan on studing computers and other aspects of the I.T. business.I hope it will be more rewarding.
            "A month ago while taking some advace S/O training with the State a retired L.A.S.D. advised the reason we cannot get CCW's and that was because it would conflict with the income of off duty officers. "Those who make the rules, keep the gold". Yeah,it's called KALI leo ELITIST TERDISM,backed by their little boot licking Marxist scum pals running the government.Only an arrogant idiot would work in LE in KALI.Between the marxists and the leo's,they wrecked that state decades ago.I would find another state to live in.

Comment

Originally posted by ok47s View Post
              "A month ago while taking some advace S/O training with the State a retired L.A.S.D. advised the reason we cannot get CCW's and that was because it would conflict with the income of off duty officers. "Those who make the rules, keep the gold". Yeah,it's called KALI leo ELITIST TERDISM,backed by their little boot licking Marxist scum pals running the government.Only an arrogant idiot would work in LE in KALI.Between the marxists and the leo's,they wrecked that state decades ago.I would find another state to live in.
              At least you're not bitter.
              Jerry
              http://personalprotectionconcepts.info

Comment

I'm still trying to translate some of the words in that post into English. :|
                Some Kind of Commando Leader

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

Comment

Yeah but we still have better weather.

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X