Need a license?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need a license?

Do you need to be licensed in most states to do Executive Protection/Bodyguard work?

I have been reading up on this work. It looks interesting; you get to work for varied clients, travel, and the money is good. Some Bodyguards charge as much as 30-60$$$ an hour or more.

Unless you already have a lot of bodyguard experience or you are prior LE/Military, you won't get very far. The bodyguard industry is all about "who you know", and if you don't know anybody... you are basically wasting your time.
    "To win one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the highest skill. To subdue the enemy without fighting is the highest skill." Sun-Tzu

Comment

You won't get in without a good background. Criminal, psychological, financial, and employment. No one is going to trust someone to protect people's very lives (I'm not talking about run of the mill O/S security, I mean "MEN ARE TRYING TO KILL ME, SAVE ME FROM DYING" clients needing real protection from very real threats...) to someone they don't know, or someone will vouch for, along with the mountain of paperwork.
      Some Kind of Commando Leader

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

Comment

Thanks. I have some clientale now for my LP. A lot of my new clients are referred by word of mouth by other clients. It shouldn't be that hard to get into bodyguard work. Can I have someone put up a webpage for me and can I solicit clients? Without anything any license? Obvioulsly I can't have a gun, but I am sure I could do work for local business people, politicians, people visting the area, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by BoxerGuard
          Thanks. I have some clientale now for my LP. A lot of my new clients are referred by word of mouth by other clients. It shouldn't be that hard to get into bodyguard work. Can I have someone put up a webpage for me and can I solicit clients? Without anything any license? Obvioulsly I can't have a gun, but I am sure I could do work for local business people, politicians, people visting the area, etc.
          If you are interested in "affordable" web design and hosting services, I would be remiss in my duties as a salesman (among other things) to fail to point out we offer those services, as well as print media creation with our partners at Vistaprint, for protective services companies.

Our web hosting services start at 5.50 a month, and our design services start at $99.50 for a full five page site, or $199.50 for a Flash based site. We also sell various templates starting at 50 dollars which help companies create their own websites, as well as logo creation services and advertising services.

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

Comment

Can I have someone put up a webpage for me and can I solicit clients? Without anything any license?
            You sure are afraid of being licensed aren't you? Oh, that might have to do with the multiple felony convictions on your record...

Obvioulsly I can't have a gun,
            You're right. Felons cannot.

Comment

Originally posted by N. A. Corbier
              If you are interested in "affordable" web design and hosting services, I would be remiss in my duties as a salesman (among other things) to fail to point out we offer those services, as well as print media creation with our partners at Vistaprint, for protective services companies.

Our web hosting services start at 5.50 a month, and our design services start at $99.50 for a full five page site, or $199.50 for a Flash based site. We also sell various templates starting at 50 dollars which help companies create their own websites, as well as logo creation services and advertising services.

Thanks for the offer. I have a friend who designs websites. Your hosting is little cheaper than his, but I prefer to go with someone that I trust.

Comment

Thanks for the offer. I have a friend who designs websites. Your hosting is little cheaper than his, but I prefer to go with someone that I trust.
                Yea trust & honesty seem to be very important to you
                I enforce rules and regulations, not laws.
                Security Officers. The 1st First Responders.

Comment

getting back to the question at hand, I do believe most states not only require A license(Guard card), and EP Certification. Both of those you must have no felonies
                  Todd

Comment

This is incorrect. Most states consider EP work that of a "Private Investigator," or do not regulate it, because the EP detail does not wear a uniform or provide traditional security services.

Some states call it PI work, because security is generally defined as "providing security, guard, or watch services."

At last check, 10 states have no licensing for security at all. Others regulate it wildly.

Comment

Touche Mr. Corbier, hope he doesn't live in cali. I just checked Californias law on that.
                      Todd

Comment

Originally posted by tlangsr
                        Touche Mr. Corbier, hope he doesn't live in cali. I just checked Californias law on that.
                        Does California consider bodyguards PIs, or security personnel?

Comment

In Cali they are a Security
                          Todd

Comment

Originally posted by tlangsr
                            He possibly lives in California. He's alluded that he has been prescribed marijuana for "medicinal purposes."

Comment

Originally posted by LPGuy
                              He possibly lives in California. He's alluded that he has been prescribed marijuana for "medicinal purposes."
                              If you make fun of my medicine then I will report you for insensitivity.

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X