Duty Belt/Gun Policy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Duty Belt/Gun Policy

Anybody know if Wackenhut & Securitas supplies their officers with duty belts & equipment? Are you allowed to use your personal duty rig & weapon with these companies?

I'd much appreciate any info regarding policy.

Yes, and No.

With anyone based out of the Memphis office, you are only allowed to carry what you have been issued by the company. This includes mace, cuffs, weapon, ammo, etc. I'm upgrading to a BPO this week and had the same questions.

Comment

Jball171,

Are you referring to Wackenhut or Securitas?

Comment

Ive worked for Securitas and Wackenhut. Both companies out of their Seattle Offices and Wackenhut out of their New Orleans and Baton Rouge offices.

Neither one would allow you to carry your own pistol.

I was allowed to wear my own duty belt, but only with company approved items. And if the items do not look spot on similar to what they issue, they will not be approved.
        "Alright guys listen up, ya'll have probably heard this before, Jackson vs. Securiplex corporation; I am a private security officer, I have no State or governmental authority. I stand as an ordinary citizen. I have no right to; detain, interrogate or otherwise interfere with your personal property-... basically all that means is I'm a cop."-Officer Ernie
        "The Curve" 1998

Comment

thanx, Lawson

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
          Working...
          X