No announcement yet.

Is it a baton? Nope its a batonlight

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So, I guess the UZI Tac-Pen is questionable huh?? LOL.
    "Choose you this day whom ye serve." Joshua 24:15

Comment

Originally posted by CTEXSEC1 View Post
      My first goal is to control the weapon. Even if it stays in the hand of an assailant, I want to decide where it goes. I practiced Krav Maga on and off and really like their techniques. For example, using a Judo wrist lock put isolate a knife hand, with your chest to that arm, and being able to deliver elbows directly to the face/head/carotid artery/throat to fully incapacitate your assailant. Having their arm stretched across your body prevents them from being able to swing or maneuver at all. Also, if the assailant tries to attack with the free arm, they get met with more elbow strikes.From that position, you also have the advantage of being able to deliver knees to the groin and gut or do a heel takedown and get the assailant into cuffs. We had to adapt KM to the job since the primary goal of "true" combat KM is to maim or kill your opponent.
      That's the idea in controlling the elbow. By locking down the elbow and forearm, you limit the threat's ability to slash and thrust. With his elbow trapped and his arm immobile, the most he can do is take low power slashes with his wrist, which are minimum threat. After that, you can engage the enemy and disable his ability to fight.
      Some Kind of Commando Leader

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

Comment

Originally posted by N. A. Corbier View Post
        That's the idea in controlling the elbow. By locking down the elbow and forearm, you limit the threat's ability to slash and thrust. With his elbow trapped and his arm immobile, the most he can do is take low power slashes with his wrist, which are minimum threat. After that, you can engage the enemy and disable his ability to fight.
        I agree, Nate. However, I did have an incident with an experienced knife-fighter where I wasn't able to address the elbow. I had to address the knife itself because that's all that was accessible to me by the way it was being used. (It so happens that I was able to whip off my jacket and trap the knife hand in the jacket, after which I delivered an open-hand heel-strike to the chin that I won't describe here except to say that the incident was effectively terminated with that most satisfying of sounds in the world - the jail door slamming shut.)

Incidentally, if this sort of thing happens in the summer and you have no jacket, you can accomplish much the same thing using your hat to trap the knife long enough to minimize it's danger and deliver strikes to the scumbag's chin, eyes, neck, solar plexus, balls and whatever else makes you exquisitely happy. It's relatively easy to give a training partner a training knife to practice this sort of joy, and you'll be surprised how easily a knife gets enmeshed in cloth of any type - jacket or hat. If a target knows how to deal with a knife, it is NOT the weapon of choice for a scumbag - but let's not tell them.

Of course, the best defense of all was demonstrated by Harrison Ford while the scumbag flourished his sword in a threatening manner in "Raiders of the Lost Ark". Shrug your shoulders, and with a very regretful expression on your face simply draw down and shoot them as squarely between the eyes as you can manage. You get extra points if you hit them EXACTLY midway between the orbital sockets. (I understand Ford improvised this scene mainly as a joke and everyone liked it so much that they kept it.)

http://www.poetv.com/video.php?vid=20178

Now THAT's satisfying - and in most jurisdictions, it's a completely justifiable use of force (especially if the scumbag is a little bit closer to you than he is in this clip). If you're armed, you're not required to play patty-cake with a knife-wielding slimeball who's trying to slice you up and send you home in a body bag. Lethal threat met with lethal force = a justifiable and totally righteous killing, which is to the benefit of all mankind. Blessed be the name of Glock, S&W, Colt, and all of the lesser gods who enable us to ventilate evildoers with multiple new holes not of their choosing.
        Last edited by SecTrainer; 07-09-2010, 12:09 PM.
        "Every betrayal begins with trust." - Brian Jacques

"I can't predict the future, but I know that it'll be very weird." - Anonymous

"There is nothing new under the sun." - Ecclesiastes 1:9

"History, with all its volumes vast, hath but one page." - Lord Byron

Comment

One of the requirements is we have to have a flash light or get a reprimand or fine.

Interestingly enough the requirement only says flashlight, not what kind.

Some have dumped the telephone pole (old long nightstick) for a stream/mag light.

But then this is Florida. They could say "flashlight", not flashlight with a baton design, not a flashlight with a handle, not a flashlight that hold more than 3 batteries, etc.

Eh, I have a three cell. Buy me what you want me to have I say or let me use what I have.
          My views, opinions and statements are my own. They are not of my company, affiliates or coworkers.

-Being bagger at Publix has more respect these days

-It's just a job kid deal with it

-The industry needs to do one of two things; stop fiddling with the thin line and go forward or go back to that way it was. A flashlight in one hand and your set of keys in the other

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
          Working...
          X