X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• N. A. Corbier
    replied
    Originally posted by HotelSecurity
    Working alone I have rarely used them. However a lot of the time we get called to an incident where other staff members or the public have caught someone stealing a bag or something. We get called for help. Our police response is usually long so I will use them in this case to control the suspect until they arrived. It helps prevent injuries to other AND themselves.

I have a hard time accepting that some security companies want their staff to stand around & do nothing while waiting for police or fire or ambulance. It is expected of us to control the situation until the emergency service arrives. A lot of hotels have cut their daytime security staff. Any manager or employee can dial 9-1-1 & wait for the emergency service. We have to show that we can provide a service until the emergency service arrives in order to keep our jobs.
    I'll give the normal answer.

Your job is not to respond to incidents where criminal activity occurs. Your job is to observe the incident, and report it to the client, the police, and your company. It is the job of the police, not a security guard, to handle the situation. You are not trained in how to respond to a criminal issue because you are not supposed to respond. You are supposed to call the police and allow them to handle it.

Leave a comment:

• HotelSecurity
    replied
    Working alone I have rarely used them. However a lot of the time we get called to an incident where other staff members or the public have caught someone stealing a bag or something. We get called for help. Our police response is usually long so I will use them in this case to control the suspect until they arrived. It helps prevent injuries to other AND themselves.

I have a hard time accepting that some security companies want their staff to stand around & do nothing while waiting for police or fire or ambulance. It is expected of us to control the situation until the emergency service arrives. A lot of hotels have cut their daytime security staff. Any manager or employee can dial 9-1-1 & wait for the emergency service. We have to show that we can provide a service until the emergency service arrives in order to keep our jobs.

Leave a comment:

• EMTGuard
    replied
    Unarmed WBS here. No cuffs issued, carried or used. Need cuffs? Call 911.

Leave a comment:

• HotelSecurity
    replied
    Originally posted by aka Bull
    Had one of those once, well actually three, they're called wives (ex-wives now)!
    I've had one for 26 years now. (There are advantages of the wife working day shift & the husband working afternoons!)

Leave a comment:

• Mr. Security
    replied
    Originally posted by aka Bull
    Had one of those once, well actually three, they're called wives (ex-wives now)!
    Good one!

Leave a comment:

• aka Bull
    replied
    Originally posted by Wackenhut Lawson

I want one of these

Leave a comment:

• Mr. Security
    replied
    Originally posted by IB107
    yeah the black polymer... ones.. i heard series one had alot of problems "red eye" double lock mech, vs series two "yellow eye" double lock mech..
    I received an advisory on the "red eye" along with an offer to replace them free-of-charge. I declined the offer and haven’t had any problems with them. Maybe it was a sporadic problem and they just decided to correct it with all of them just to be safe.

Leave a comment:

• DMS 525
    replied
    I still have my first set of handcuffs, which I purchased in 1979. Smith & Wesson, back when S & W made REAL handcuffs.

I also have a pair of Peerless hinged cuffs, in case I have to handcuff some big goon(another story for another time).

WD-40 is OK, but Break Free works much better! Keeps my original cuffs in business after nearly 27 years!

Leave a comment:

• IB107
    replied
    lol thats what i want too he he

Leave a comment:

• Lawson
    replied

I want one of these

Leave a comment:

• aka Bull
    replied
    I carry 2 sets (issued) - Peerless model 500 chain cuffs and model 801 hinged.

But then I still have the first pair of Peerless cuffs I ever owned, now 26 years old and as good as the day I bought them.

Leave a comment:

• aphilpot
    replied
    I have always used S&W. I carry two pairs on my belt. One hinged and one non. I once had a problem with a key snapping off in a pair S&W's so I sent them back to the company. One weel later, I received a phone call and was told that a new pair was being sent out to me gratis.

Leave a comment:

• N. A. Corbier
    replied
    Originally posted by Bridgegate
    LOL.. I'm curious where they were getting them that they could turn around and sell them for that cheap... Somehow I can't see Peerless having a contract with a fetish shop.... Unless of course it's like some other industries, and Peerless actually makes the metal frames of the fuzzy ones?
    I wouldn't doubt it a bit.

Leave a comment:

• Charger
    replied
    Originally posted by N. A. Corbier
    You know what's funny? A certain site that's selling... things... was also selling Peerless Correctional cuffs for 10 bucks. Someone asked me, "Are these real handcuffs?" once online, and I went to the site, and lo and behold peerless correctional cuffs for half off on an S&M/Fetish supply store!

The true businessman cares not where they come from, only that they come cheaply.
    LOL.. I'm curious where they were getting them that they could turn around and sell them for that cheap... Somehow I can't see Peerless having a contract with a fetish shop.... Unless of course it's like some other industries, and Peerless actually makes the metal frames of the fuzzy ones?

Leave a comment:

• N. A. Corbier
    replied
    Originally posted by Bridgegate
    So you'd be happy with the pink fur then? (Sorry, couldn't resist...Now back to your regularly scheduled thread..)
    You know what's funny? A certain site that's selling... things... was also selling Peerless Correctional cuffs for 10 bucks. Someone asked me, "Are these real handcuffs?" once online, and I went to the site, and lo and behold peerless correctional cuffs for half off on an S&M/Fetish supply store!

The true businessman cares not where they come from, only that they come cheaply.

Leave a comment:

Leaderboard

Collapse
Working...
X