Duty belt cushsion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Duty belt cushsion

It's been 15 years since I used a full gear duty belt. And I must admit its a little abrasive. I was looking for the ErgoTekā„¢ Cushioned Belt Loop but it seems all I can find on it is information and not its cost and where to get it. Anyone got some ideas or a product of similar design. I wish they would go with nylon here. This pimp leather (imitation shiny crap) is like wearing a steel belted radial with the wheels. A Trooper told me he had his wife make a cloth like padded upper band of "underwear" he wears on duty. That's a thought but I can't sew worth a damn.
    My views, opinions and statements are my own. They are not of my company, affiliates or coworkers.

-Being bagger at Publix has more respect these days

-It's just a job kid deal with it

-The industry needs to do one of two things; stop fiddling with the thin line and go forward or go back to that way it was. A flashlight in one hand and your set of keys in the other

Were you looking for the padded duty belt? If so:

Ergotek padded Sam Browne belt

I remember seeing a separate pad/back support thing that attached to duty belts, (galls used to carry it), but I haven't seen it offered anywhere for the past couple years. I think after the Ergotek belts were released they probably didn't see a use for it anymore.

I DID find this one at Galls, made by Blackhawk, but it doesn't show a picture so I'm not entirely sure it's what you're looking for.

If you can't find anything, shoot me a PM. I know a couple seamstresses who could whip somethin up for ya.
    Corbier's Commandos - "Stickin it to the ninjas!"
    Originally posted by ValleyOne
    BANG, next thing you know Bob's your Uncle and this Sgt is seemingly out on his a$$.
    Shoulda called in sick.
    Be safe!

Comment

I may check into getting one of those since that bulky leather duty belt I wear tends to grind into my bony waist.

What I really want though is some kind of tactical restroom zipper I can have installed on the back of the trousers. That would make it where I wouldn't have to spend all that time removing keepers and pulling off the duty belt before sitting down in the restroom. It would come in handy if somebody were to break into my toilet stall and would reduce the likelihood of an accidental discharge of the pistol from being dropped on the floor when the belt is removed.
      "We appreciate all the hard work you've done, the dedicated hours you have worked, and the lives you have saved. However, since this is your third time being late to work, we are terminating your employment here."

Comment

Pistol drop. Been there done that. I hate using even a stall bathroom. Your stuff is there for someone the reach over and grab it from underneath. I try to put my duty weapon on the rack or clothes hook but sometimes there's nothing there ether. I wish they would go to nylon duty belts too. So much better in weight, comfort and no shining!
        My views, opinions and statements are my own. They are not of my company, affiliates or coworkers.

-The industry needs to do one of two things; stop fiddling with the thin line and go forward or go back to that way it was. A flashlight in one hand and your set of keys in the other

Comment

Originally posted by Bridgegate
          Were you looking for the padded duty belt? If so:

Ergotek padded Sam Browne belt

I remember seeing a separate pad/back support thing that attached to duty belts, (galls used to carry it), but I haven't seen it offered anywhere for the past couple years. I think after the Ergotek belts were released they probably didn't see a use for it anymore.

I DID find this one at Galls, made by Blackhawk, but it doesn't show a picture so I'm not entirely sure it's what you're looking for.

If you can't find anything, shoot me a PM. I know a couple seamstresses who could whip somethin up for ya.
          One of the those fits over your pants and under the duty belt. So it would not be allowed due to uniform code. I want the pants belt with the padding under it or something under the pants waistline. Someone told me last night that took some thermal underwear and cut off the waist area down eight inches and wears it under thier pants. But it tends to slip.

Comment

If you PM Me I can run you a quote..
            http://img363.imageshack.us/img363/3203/darrell29jc.gif

The FUTURE is MSP...

Comment

For the padded pants belt I assume?

Comment

Forget the duty belt.

I have been using a very stiff leather dress belt that is only an inch wide. It fits in the belt loops on my uniform pants and is MUCH more comfortable than a duty belt. I carry many items on my belt and it hasn't been a problem. For those of you who are armed, GALLS has a narrow dress belt that is especially designed to support the weight of all your equipment.

If you have to get in and out of a car frequently, or get up from a chair often, I think you will find a narrower belt to be much more comfortable.
                Security: Freedom from fear; danger; safe; a feeling of well-being. (Webster's)

Comment

I recommend a 2 inch duty belt over a 2 1/4" duty belt. I do not, however, recommend using a dress belt for duty weapon carry. The belt is designed to work with concealed carry holsters, not duty holsters. The belt look on the duty holster is too small, and the weapon will not present properly. This may cost you your life or freedom when the time comes to draw in combat.

As to why 2" belt? Several colleges did ergonomics studies, and suggested nylon over leather, and 2" over 2 1/4" to take both weight and pressure on the skin off.
                  Some Kind of Commando Leader

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

Comment

Originally posted by N. A. Corbier
                    I recommend a 2 inch duty belt over a 2 1/4" duty belt. I do not, however, recommend using a dress belt for duty weapon carry. The belt is designed to work with concealed carry holsters, not duty holsters. The belt look on the duty holster is too small, and the weapon will not present properly. This may cost you your life or freedom when the time comes to draw in combat.

As to why 2" belt? Several colleges did ergonomics studies, and suggested nylon over leather, and 2" over 2 1/4" to take both weight and pressure on the skin off.
                    That's true regarding the duty holster. If you are unarmed, like I am, give it a try. Your abdominal area will thank you.

Comment

Duty Belt Pain

Recently, I've been wearing one so that I can change into a clean uniform easily and quickly. Works great, but it's a pain in the back.

Maybe you get used to it.

Comment

Yes moving to the Nylon Belt made a HUGE difference in weight balance and the back pains most people suffer from. I went for the Uncle Mike's duty belt and thanked myself for being so smart.

Oh and I once had a very think but wide FREE belt you get when you buy some trousers. It was ugly as a trouser belt but perfect as an innner belt as it was flat, took the weight ok and also held my strides up without the duty belt on.
                        "Keep your friends close and your enemies even closer" Sun Tzu

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Security View Post
                          Recently, I've been wearing one so that I can change into a clean uniform easily and quickly. Works great, but it's a pain in the back.

Maybe you get used to it.
                          At first the 2.25" duty belt was difficult to get comfortable... but once you start wearing one regularly it becomes natural IMHO, I was genuinely surprised at the difference between a UM's inner belt & a regular leather dress belt (under a duty belt)
                          Last edited by Maelstrom; 11-14-2007, 08:08 AM.
                          "We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give" - Winston Churchill

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X