Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• N. A. Corbier
    replied
    Originally posted by Mr. Security
    LED flashlights are great for indoor use. They really light up a room. I also like the battery time that you get w/one. It's a great back-up light if you ever get trapped somewhere since the batteries often last 10 times as long as they would with incandescent flashlights.

I am not impressed with LED flashlights outside. However, they will continue to improve as time passes.
    The problem, Mr. Security, is that all the outdoor grade LED lights are insanely expensive. Look at the Surefires, Streamlights, Gladius, etc. 150-300 bucks.

Leave a comment:

• Mr. Security
    replied
    LED flashlights are great for indoor use. They really light up a room. I also like the battery time that you get w/one. It's a great back-up light if you ever get trapped somewhere since the batteries often last 10 times as long as they would with incandescent flashlights.

I am not impressed with LED flashlights outside. However, they will continue to improve as time passes.

Leave a comment:

• wvd1979
    replied
    On a related note, I recently purchased the Streamlight Scorpion LED and I am VERY happy with it. It concentrates light pretty well up to about 15 ft.

Leave a comment:

• Echos13
    replied
    The Innova LED light looks impressive. I like having someting compact but yet powerful enough to allow both observational light and suspect "stunning" light.

FHP is getting strange looks around some places with these new lightbars. Red in the day and blue at night. Some still have the vectors with all blue. But I have seen some slick backs with all LEDs that are sharp looking when they light up. When one of these guys gets on your butt and lights up you know who it is.

Leave a comment:

• N. A. Corbier
    replied
    Is it the little three bulb kit that plugs into the mini mag's head, and then has a tailcap switch? I saw that in a catalog, and the first thing I thought was: "Oh, they made an LED flood." Unless you have focusing lenses, its going to be a cute little flood light.

Now, with focusing lenses, you're going to put some eyes out. Take a look at the NightOps, Surefire, Streamlight, and Innova focused LED offerings. I can blind people with my little Innova LED light, and it runs off a single AAA battery. Its also not very bright, compared to a lithium based flashlight, but it's focused.

I'd love to have some LED light bars in Red/White/Amber/Green combinations or just a straight green/white bar (front) and green/red bar (rear).

The first time I saw an LED bar was FHP. I saw it from 2 miles away. In broad daylight. I had no idea what the hell it was, only that it was highly visible. In Amber, a CSO unit.

Leave a comment:

• Echos13
    started a topic LED upgrades for Maglites

LED upgrades for Maglites

I just got an up grade kit for my minimag. Not bad for ligthing but it splashes light rather than focusing it. The focus function is not compatible with the up grade. I was wondering about the full size mags. I like the Tacstar but it's a little on the exspensive side for me right now. Xeon bulbs seem to be the most powerful but eat up battery life. Chargables in my experience just don't last. LED seems to be gettting better though. I remember they were for consoles and readouts. The new light bar used by FHP is all LED and switches color for day and night operation.

Leaderboard

Collapse
Working...