Weapon choice.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weapon choice.

What sidearm do you wear while on duty? What would be your choice of duty weapon?

Do you carry a security shotgun or rifle? What would be your choice of shotgun/rifle?

When I was armed I carried a Glock 22 .40 and a Remington 870 Shotgun..
    http://img363.imageshack.us/img363/3203/darrell29jc.gif

The FUTURE is MSP...

Comment

I use to carry a .40 Sig, now I carry a stainless steel coffee mug.

Comment

Originally posted by T202
        I use to carry a .40 Sig, now I carry a stainless steel coffee mug.
        LOL Nice...

I carried a Walther P99 9mm when I was armed.. Currently I'm a mug Officer as well... I'm thinkin of upgrading to a full thermos here soon though..
        Corbier's Commandos - "Stickin it to the ninjas!"
        Originally posted by ValleyOne
        BANG, next thing you know Bob's your Uncle and this Sgt is seemingly out on his a$$.
        Shoulda called in sick.
        Be safe!

Comment

Originally, I was armed with a Motorola HT-1000 with an extended battery. It was heaver than the ASP and bullet resistant.

Then I was armed with a Smith and Wesson Model 10 .38 caliber revolver. That got switched out to a Taurus Model Hell If I Know .357 Magnum with .38 caliber amunition.

Never (officially) touched a Remington 870 with Federal Reduced Recoil buckshot.

I want, as indicated previously, the Springfield Armory XD in either .40 or .45 ACP. Florida gets the 9mm since Florida regulates what security officers may carry.

I also want the Remington 870 with Speedfeed Orange "tactical" buttstock, loaded with PepperBall brand 12ga less-lethal munitions. Its considered lethal force when we shoot someone with less lethals, but there's no law against deploying them against a suspect who still generates "fear of death or great bodily injury," such as those armed with melee weapons, or motor vehicles.

I also (heh) want a Bushmaster Patrolman's Carbine, 16 inch barrel with a quad rail handguard and VTOR (I think) collapsable stock. Throw a Surefire Millinium weapon light on the bottom rail, a EOTech Holo Sight on the handguard rail (M4A3 design), and those First Samco rail pads on the left and right rails.

I'd also like a Bushmaster Patrolman's Carbine in 16 inch barrel with a Sully Stock, M4A3 configuration with tritium post, quad rail with laser on bottom, 15 dollar plastic grip behind it, high powered weapon light on the side with thumb button, and an ACOG on the front rail.

Did I mention I like Bushmaster?
          Some Kind of Commando Leader

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

Comment

I'd like to be able to carry & use pepper spray! Currently I'm "armed" with a walkie-talkie, Mini Mag flashlight & handcuffs. Oh yea, I also have a large set of keys
            I enforce rules and regulations, not laws.
            Security Officers. The 1st First Responders.

Comment

Originally posted by HotelSecurity
              I'd like to be able to carry & use pepper spray! Currently I'm "armed" with a walkie-talkie, Mini Mag flashlight & handcuffs. Oh yea, I also have a large set of keys
              Can you carry a stick on your keys? Actually, scratch that. Get a keychain that has a weighted "Monkey Fist" knot on the end. You now have a key flail.

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

Comment

Originally posted by N. A. Corbier
                Originally, I was armed with a Motorola HT-1000 with an extended battery. It was heaver than the ASP and bullet resistant.

Then I was armed with a Smith and Wesson Model 10 .38 caliber revolver. That got switched out to a Taurus Model Hell If I Know .357 Magnum with .38 caliber amunition.

Never (officially) touched a Remington 870 with Federal Reduced Recoil buckshot.

I want, as indicated previously, the Springfield Armory XD in either .40 or .45 ACP. Florida gets the 9mm since Florida regulates what security officers may carry.

I also want the Remington 870 with Speedfeed Orange "tactical" buttstock, loaded with PepperBall brand 12ga less-lethal munitions. Its considered lethal force when we shoot someone with less lethals, but there's no law against deploying them against a suspect who still generates "fear of death or great bodily injury," such as those armed with melee weapons, or motor vehicles.

I also (heh) want a Bushmaster Patrolman's Carbine, 16 inch barrel with a quad rail handguard and VTOR (I think) collapsable stock. Throw a Surefire Millinium weapon light on the bottom rail, a EOTech Holo Sight on the handguard rail (M4A3 design), and those First Samco rail pads on the left and right rails.

I'd also like a Bushmaster Patrolman's Carbine in 16 inch barrel with a Sully Stock, M4A3 configuration with tritium post, quad rail with laser on bottom, 15 dollar plastic grip behind it, high powered weapon light on the side with thumb button, and an ACOG on the front rail.

Did I mention I like Bushmaster?
                You appearantly don't do much 'close up' security? LOL.
                P.S. In FLorida a G licensee can carry the .38 cal. revolver, .380 or 9mm semi-auto. And if trained and required for the job, a security shotgun.

Comment

If I pull a long gun, its going to be in the woods doing wild lands management and protection, or its going to be during an active shooter response.

I carried a .38 caliber and .357 with .38 rounds in Florida.

In WI, we can carry anything we can qualify to NRA Private Law Enforcement Regulations with.

Comment

Glock 21 currently, may be switching to a Kimber 1911 Custom Stainless TLE II soon. I use 230 gr. Federal Hydrashocks. My gun likes them and I like them too.
                    10-8

Comment

Oh yeah, no rifle and no shotgun. Though if I had a choice for a shotgun, I'd take the Benelli M2 Tactical. For a rifle, how about an HK416?
                      10-8

Comment

I'd really like to see some reviews on the new Springfield Armory SOCOM II.
                        Its chambered in .308 (aka 7.62 NATO) and only weighs a few pounds more than a M16. I talked to a few military buddies and they told me that a .223 takes a few shots to drop someone, unless you get them in the noggin. A .308 would probably drop someone like a rock. I'd love to get my hands on a SOCOM, but alas, they cost about $2000 bucks.

Comment

Originally posted by ff000525
                          Its chambered in .308 (aka 7.62 NATO) and only weighs a few pounds more than a M16. I talked to a few military buddies and they told me that a .223 takes a few shots to drop someone, unless you get them in the noggin. A .308 would probably drop someone like a rock. I'd love to get my hands on a SOCOM, but alas, they cost about $2000 bucks.
                          I've heard nothing but good things about the SOCOM series from SA. Everyone has AR fever. I like the M1A system, I had an M1 when I was a kid.

The only issue I can think of in an urban rifle situation is over-penetration. Remember, the .223 is designed to wound, not kill. The .308 is designed to kill. So, the .223 round's light weight isn't going through a trailer home like a .308 is.

But, up here, there's a case for the SOCOM. Just not in town.

Comment

Originally posted by ff000525
                            I've fired it! It's amazing, and the recoil system is just great. But what your millitary buddies told you about the .223/5.56 is not entirely true. At close to medium range, the .223/5.56 can actually be more deadly. It's all in ballistics, and what the mission is. I don't wanna start a big debate, but look up some ballistics reports for each cartridge and you'll see what I'm talking about.

Anyway, I'm in love with my HK USP 9. For larger calibers, I'm crazy about my Kimber Classic Custom in .45. Both are extremely reliable and never jam, as long as you take care of it and know how to shoot it!

As a concealed backup, I carry a .38 Smith J-Frame. All my weapons are loaded with hydra-shocks, because of thier expansion. Stopping power and the fact that they have 'less' chance of actually going through the target and hurting someone else, makes them a must in my opinion.

Comment

.223 round and ballistics

N.A. Corbier,

No round is designed to "wound", especially a round that is to be used in an offensive weapon (rifle or in this case a carbine-.223 caliber). Without getting into a debate regarding external and terminal ballistics- the .223 caliber/5.56 mm creates a large permanent wound cavity when it impacts with it's target (soft tissue). There are benefits to using the .223 regarding over-penetration in urban environments (another discussion). Wounding is not this rounds purpose.

I replied to your posting due to your frequent replies to other members of this forum. You are obviously involved in private contract security work and regarded as knowledgable in the field. However, the topic of firearms and the selection/use of ammunition frequently refers back to the use of such weapons in a duty environment and the possible use of deadly force. Your statement regarding the use of the .223 is (in this case) incorrect. Again, do not take this the wrong way. I assume that a large amount of professionals in our field that post here regard your opinion as fact. When discussing or giving advice on the use of firearms, one must be very cautious.

My Opinion

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X