Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Key Silencer

gggggggggg
    Last edited by EMTFirefighter; 04-01-2006, 08:48 PM.

What about duct tape?
    I believe I speak for everyone here sir, when I say, to Hell with our orders.
    -Lieutenant Commander Data
    sigpic

Comment

Have you looked at Correctional key holders? Try Quartermaster Uniforms (Just buy some leather dye and take care of it, it'll hold up for a year or three if you do), they sell Folgers-Adams Correction Key Boxes to CDC and California DOC. Its basically a huge double mag holder that has two keys hooks on the snaps. Long keys go in the holders, and short keys snap on.

I'd say pocket those things after attaching a laynard, but key rings that large would destroy both your pants and leg.
      Some Kind of Commando Leader

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

Comment

Originally posted by EMTFirefighter
        Can you link me to that item? I searched the Quartermaster site and couldn't find anything.

I was thinking about putting them in my pocket, too, but SOPs state the retractable reel peice that you see there must be attached to the belt and the large ring must be secured by another device - I currently clip it into a belt keeper.
        QM's website, in a word... sucks.

They sell three things for correctional folks now, pulling out my new QM catalog.

1. S69-235 Double Key Scabbard - Useless, no wraparound
        2. S69-236 Folger Adams Key Box - Single .45 mag pouch with key clip I think
        3. S69-237 Duress Alarm Box - This looks big enough to fit your keys in, actually. It has a hole for the alarm button.

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

Comment

Well, thanks for looking those up for me. I checked all those items out on the QM site, but none of them will fit the bill unfortunately.
          You might try O.com if you haven't already (haven't gotten there yet today), and see if anyone knows of anything that isn't custom. After all, we've all had to carry tons of keys before. I personally hate the damn jingle myself.

Comment

I know an officer that was chasing a suspect while carrying a big ring of keys. The suspect thought the jingle was dog tags and screaming "call off your dog!" and gave up.
            sigpic

Comment

Hoepfully I don't have to open any doors quickly!
              Keys? You don't need no stinking keys.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Tennsix
                What about duct tape?
                That's funny. You have a good sense of humor.
                Security: Freedom from fear; danger; safe; a feeling of well-being. (Webster's)

Comment

Originally posted by Tennsix
                  I know an officer that was chasing a suspect while carrying a big ring of keys. The suspect thought the jingle was dog tags and screaming "call off your dog!" and gave up.
                  Heh. Did that once when there was a stalker hiding in the tree line on a residential property. We had the restraining order, and PC for arrest, and I wasn't going into that tree line, I'd lived on that complex when I was a teen - I knew what was back there.

So, we jingled some keys and ordered the guy to come out, or we'd send in the dog. He came out. After being cuffed, he wondered where the dog was. I jingled my keys again.

Comment

When working corrections most yard officers had key ring clips custom made by the inmates in the Hobby Shop. They basically were large flaps of leather similar to a ping pong paddle with a belt clip attached. The 'handle' part of the 'paddle was looped so it could slide onto a belt. The 'paddle' part hung down against the COs pant leg acting as a shield of leather between the keys and uniform fabric. Many were fitted with snaps so the 'paddle' could wrap around the keys to help silence them. I have yet to see anything produced commercially that compared with the key holders put together by the inmates in prison.
                    Hospital Security Officer

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X