hospital security gloves

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hospital security gloves

What would be a good pair of gloves to get for hospital ER security? Cut/Puncture resistant? Pathogen resistant? Regular nitrile?
    If you fail to plan, plan to fail.

"People look to you to dig them out of life threatening dung - that is an awesome responsibility and should be honoured with your blood and sweat in preparation for the day when you may have to work very hard to save someone you might not even know or like. If you are terrible at your job, somebody gets blinded/maimed/disfigured or killed."-Slack

Originally posted by tacscuba View Post
    What would be a good pair of gloves to get for hospital ER security? Cut/Puncture resistant? Pathogen resistant? Regular nitrile?
    Ask the local police department or paramedics what kind of gloves they use. You want something that user friendly not something clumsy. Nitrile, string knit, Kevlar lined work or race crew gloves might fit the bill. Kevlar lined would resist cuts. Key work is resist not proof.
    Enjoy the day,
    Bill

Comment

I use the TurtleSkin Search Gloves which are about $70.00-80.00. I usually just wear the medical gloves when i have to deal with combative patients because they are alot easier to work with when applying restaints to patients.

Comment

All the cops here in DC get their gloves from the hospital ED's.
        Washington DC

Comment

Originally posted by Hightower207505 View Post
          I use the TurtleSkin Search Gloves which are about $70.00-80.00. I usually just wear the medical gloves when i have to deal with combative patients because they are alot easier to work with when applying restaints to patients.
          So you only put on the turtle skins when your searching someone?
          If you fail to plan, plan to fail.

"People look to you to dig them out of life threatening dung - that is an awesome responsibility and should be honoured with your blood and sweat in preparation for the day when you may have to work very hard to save someone you might not even know or like. If you are terrible at your job, somebody gets blinded/maimed/disfigured or killed."-Slack

Comment

As an EMT in the field I use synthetic disposable gloves, as a Hospital safety and security officer I use synthetic disposable gloves as a mental health technician I use synthetic disposable gloves.

I always carry at least 4 extra pairs working as an EMT, 6 extra as security and 1 extra working in a psyc ward.

Comment

Another vote for Turtleskin gloves. You can wipe them down with detergent when you're done fighting. I've not yet had the opportunity to jab at them with a needle yet, mind.

Comment

Why would hospital security ever need gloves?
                Washington DC

Comment

Originally posted by mjw064 View Post
                  Are you referring to synthetic disposable gloves or TurtleSkin Search Gloves?

Comment

Originally posted by mjw064 View Post

To protect themselves whilst dealing with bleeding combative individuals, I ended up going with a pair of Hatch pathogen resistant gloves BG-800's

FWIW I carry both my Hatch & disposable gloves because you just never know when you might need them...
                    "We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give" - Winston Churchill

Comment

I just put on two pairs of latex gloves on the way to a combative patient call. If it's bloody you can always take off one pair if you need to grab cuff keys and you're still protected.

Comment

Originally posted by tacscuba View Post
                        So you only put on the turtle skins when your searching someone?
                        I normally put them on if i have to search the patient and/or the belongings. Some guys prefer to wear the Turtle skin gloves all the time, but for me i rather not have to wash my gloves 3-4 times a day. I sometimes where the medical gloves over a neoprene pair if i know i'm going to need them.

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X