Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OfficerD
    replied
    Though I was just told that if I use green I will get sued so maybe just use amber and white to the front and rear.

Leave a comment:

• OfficerD
    replied
    Legally, according to statutes, you could have green and white to the front and amber and red (if the red flash together, like hazards). You can put white to the rear as an "attention grabber" and I don't think anyone would care.
    Last edited by OfficerD; 06-17-2020, 08:31 AM.

Leave a comment:

• darkenna
    replied
    Originally posted by SGTJosh View Post
    well I worked private security.
    I was thinking of opening a security company up.
    with a friend who was a tribal officer.

I know the light laws fine just never saw anything about green.
    as close to as I can get, its incident management unit lighting.

did some hardcore searching.
    to bad green would be a nice mix for front with amber.
    That could change things. Would the company be operating on tribal grounds? They do not have to abide by state statute; there are different rules governing the reservations.

Leave a comment:

• Curtis Baillie
    replied
    Originally posted by mjw064 View Post
    I guess that wasn't the best advice, although admittedly that way of handling things sometimes is part of my thought process. Which is perhaps an ethical dilemma I must come to terms with.
    I have reconstructive surgery of my wrist joint scheduled for next Wednesday, so I am hoping I can get back to work on light duty very soon. I am quite bored now as we approach 8 weeks of being off.
    You might enjoy my writings on Ethical Dilemmas and Conflict of Interests.

Leave a comment:

• mjw064
    replied
    I guess that wasn't the best advice, although admittedly that way of handling things sometimes is part of my thought process. Which is perhaps an ethical dilemma I must come to terms with.

I have reconstructive surgery of my wrist joint scheduled for next Wednesday, so I am hoping I can get back to work on light duty very soon. I am quite bored now as we approach 8 weeks of being off.

Leave a comment:

• Curtis Baillie
    replied
    Then why would you recommend to a forums member to take that course of action? Are you sure the DC Police dosen't have a light duty job for you?

Leave a comment:

• mjw064
    replied
    Originally posted by Curtis Baillie View Post
    Not a way for a true professional to conduct their business. In my opinion that's one of the things wrong with todays society - people do things on the shady side and wait to see if they can get away with it.
    True Fact.

Leave a comment:

• Curtis Baillie
    replied
    Why don't you just do it and if anyone from the state hassles you about it, claim ignorance and fix it. It's usually much easier that way, especially when the law is vague.
    Not a way for a true professional to conduct their business. In my opinion that's one of the things wrong with todays society - people do things on the shady side and wait to see if they can get away with it.

Leave a comment:

• mjw064
    replied
    I posted bad advice here and have now erased it.
    Last edited by mjw064; 08-01-2008, 11:11 AM.

Leave a comment:

• SGTJosh
    replied
    well I worked private security.
    I was thinking of opening a security company up.
    with a friend who was a tribal officer.

I know the light laws fine just never saw anything about green.
    as close to as I can get, its incident management unit lighting.

did some hardcore searching.
    to bad green would be a nice mix for front with amber.

Leave a comment:

• sgtnewby
    replied
    Originally posted by SGTJosh View Post
    so I guess green is out,
    is that my state statue ?
    I just dont like the color choices we have now.
    if we had green no way would anyone mistaken security for police on are cars.

red and blues are for LEOs in MN any other color is for whatever.
    a person seeing green and amber instead of red and amber.
    is way better at distinguishing security.
    it screams, that's a security car.

here is the security lights law

169.59 WARNING LIGHTS.
    Subdivision 1. Fender lights. Any vehicle may be equipped with not more than two side
    cowl or fender lamps, one on each side which shall emit a white light without glare.
    Subd. 2. Running board light. Any vehicle may be equipped with not more than one running
    board courtesy lamp on each side thereof, which shall emit a white or yellow light without glare.
    Subd. 3. Backup light. Any vehicle may be equipped with not more than two backup lamps,
    either separately or in combination with another lamp, and not more than two rear cornering
    lamps, except that the lamps must not be continuously lighted when the vehicle is in forward
    motion, nor shall it project a glaring light.
    Subd. 4. Flashing warning light. Any vehicle may be equipped with lamps which may be
    used for the purpose of warning the operators of other vehicles of the presence of a vehicular
    traffic hazard requiring the exercise of unusual care in approaching, overtaking, or passing, and
    when so equipped may display such warning in addition to any other warning signals required
    by this section or section 169.50, subdivision 1 or 3; 169.56, subdivision 1, 2, 3, or 4; 169.57,
    subdivision 1 ; or 169.64, subdivision 3. The lamps used to display such warnings to the front
    shall be mounted at the same level and as widely spaced laterally as practicable, and shall display
    simultaneous flashing white or amber lights
    , or any shade of color between white and amber. The
    lamps used to display such warnings to the rear shall be mounted at the same level and as widely
    spaced laterally as practicable, and shall show simultaneously flashing amber or red lights, or any
    shade of color between amber and red. Instead of a pair of lamps that flash simultaneously, either
    one or two strobe lights or rotating beacon lights with an amber or yellow lens may be used both
    to the front and rear of the vehicle.

never saw a Law about green.
    being for police or anyone that is part of the government.
    Private security can have red to the rear, but they have to flash together, just as "hazard flashers" do.

Here's a good document that details everything that is legal and illegal for private security in MN.

http://www.dps.state.mn.us/pdb/Resou...a_Statutes.pdf

I guess I should ask, are you working for a private company or proprietary? Because there are differances in the laws.
    Last edited by sgtnewby; 08-01-2008, 01:26 AM.

Leave a comment:

• sgtnewby
    replied
    Usually, green lights in MN signify "Triage" or "Incident Command." We used to have a single green stobe on the roof of our ambulances, but none of the new rigs have them.

Leave a comment:

• SGTJosh
    replied
    so I guess green is out,
    is that my state statue ?
    I just dont like the color choices we have now.
    if we had green no way would anyone mistaken security for police on are cars.

red and blues are for LEOs in MN any other color is for whatever.
    a person seeing green and amber instead of red and amber.
    is way better at distinguishing security.
    it screams, that's a security car.

here is the security lights law

169.59 WARNING LIGHTS.
    Subdivision 1. Fender lights. Any vehicle may be equipped with not more than two side
    cowl or fender lamps, one on each side which shall emit a white light without glare.
    Subd. 2. Running board light. Any vehicle may be equipped with not more than one running
    board courtesy lamp on each side thereof, which shall emit a white or yellow light without glare.
    Subd. 3. Backup light. Any vehicle may be equipped with not more than two backup lamps,
    either separately or in combination with another lamp, and not more than two rear cornering
    lamps, except that the lamps must not be continuously lighted when the vehicle is in forward
    motion, nor shall it project a glaring light.
    Subd. 4. Flashing warning light. Any vehicle may be equipped with lamps which may be
    used for the purpose of warning the operators of other vehicles of the presence of a vehicular
    traffic hazard requiring the exercise of unusual care in approaching, overtaking, or passing, and
    when so equipped may display such warning in addition to any other warning signals required
    by this section or section 169.50, subdivision 1 or 3; 169.56, subdivision 1, 2, 3, or 4; 169.57,
    subdivision 1 ; or 169.64, subdivision 3. The lamps used to display such warnings to the front
    shall be mounted at the same level and as widely spaced laterally as practicable, and shall display
    simultaneous flashing white or amber lights, or any shade of color between white and amber. The
    lamps used to display such warnings to the rear shall be mounted at the same level and as widely
    spaced laterally as practicable, and shall show simultaneously flashing amber or red lights, or any
    shade of color between amber and red. Instead of a pair of lamps that flash simultaneously, either
    one or two strobe lights or rotating beacon lights with an amber or yellow lens may be used both
    to the front and rear of the vehicle.

never saw a Law about green.
    being for police or anyone that is part of the government.
    Last edited by SGTJosh; 07-31-2008, 09:43 PM.

Leave a comment:

• HotelSecurity
    replied
    Oh wow, I thought Elizabeth the Second, by the Grace of God, of the United Kingdom, Canada and Her other Realms and Territories Queen, Head of the Commonwealth, Defender of the Faith, was still making up the laws in Canada.

I guess you learn something new everyday.
    No the Governor General appointed by the Prime Minister now signs our federal laws. Ontario laws are signed by the Lt Governor of the province.

It is still Her Magistry (sp?) vs. Jpe Blow when you receive a supeona.

Leave a comment:

• mjw064
    replied
    Originally posted by HotelSecurity View Post
    Eg Ontario recently joined the rest of Canada when the government took the advice of the police & now allow blue lights with the red lights on police vehicles.

Oh wow, I thought Elizabeth the Second, by the Grace of God, of the United Kingdom, Canada and Her other Realms and Territories Queen, Head of the Commonwealth, Defender of the Faith, was still making up the laws in Canada.

I guess you learn something new everyday.

Leave a comment:

Leaderboard

Collapse
Working...
X