Winchester Baton

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Winchester Baton

Hi guys, I have a question. First of all, I am furious! I received a brand new Winchester 29" baton from a friend that did not want it. I tried selling it on eBay because I am a big time eBayer. I was blown away when in the first 2 hours it has received 9 bids and was up to $36!! I started it out at 10! Apparently they are worth more than I thought. Well, eBay suddenly snatched it off the auction, and threatened to suspend me, saying it was against weapons violations. Like I had any idea! I would use it myself, but I prefer a smaller baton. I was just wondering if anyone knew where I could sell it online, or if any of you would like to purchase it. I can email pictures if anyone is interested. Thanks. Brent

Originally posted by Brent311
    Hi guys, I have a question. First of all, I am furious! I received a brand new Winchester 29" baton from a friend that did not want it. I tried selling it on eBay because I am a big time eBayer. I was blown away when in the first 2 hours it has received 9 bids and was up to $36!! I started it out at 10! Apparently they are worth more than I thought. Well, eBay suddenly snatched it off the auction, and threatened to suspend me, saying it was against weapons violations. Like I had any idea! I would use it myself, but I prefer a smaller baton. I was just wondering if anyone knew where I could sell it online, or if any of you would like to purchase it. I can email pictures if anyone is interested. Thanks. Brent
    That's very strange, but stupid. BTW, they snatched it up because of the Winchester brand name, not because its a baton. They have ASP as a "hot search item."

This is like the guy who sells Federal Signal light bars, and gets his account suspended, then a nice applogy letter. They think he's selling US Government property!

Good luck. I know of no other places, sorry.
    Some Kind of Commando Leader

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

Comment

Thanks N.A. Corbier. Do you know how much one of these batons retails for?

Comment

Originally posted by Brent311
        Thanks N.A. Corbier. Do you know how much one of these batons retails for?
        About 70 to 110 dollars, depending on condition and the catalog store of your choice. They take a special holder, which will probably limit the resale power. I looked into them, once, just to see what they were.

If you've got a LEO friend, they could take it off your hands and sell it for you on the cop forums. Private sales by non-LEOs are generally frowned upon, though.

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

Comment

I'd try selling it on www.auctionarms.com or www.gunbroker.com they have sections for non-lethal weapons and they have misc sections too.... do a Google on it first so you can get your money's worth out of it.

Comment

Originally posted by ff000525
            I'd try selling it on www.auctionarms.com or www.gunbroker.com they have sections for non-lethal weapons and they have misc sections too.... do a Google on it first so you can get your money's worth out of it.
            I thought Gunbroker just did guns. Whoops. Sorry, Brent. I'd try there, I see alot of weapons on there that move quick.

Comment

Nope they do pretty much everything, its a lot like Ebay, but its ok to post weapons. (Did ya see the Tasers for 375? Sounds like a good deal for someone opening a Security Company

Comment

Originally posted by ff000525
                Nope they do pretty much everything, its a lot like Ebay, but its ok to post weapons. (Did ya see the Tasers for 375? Sounds like a good deal for someone opening a Security Company
                Just FYI:
                www.publicsafetystore.com has Tasers for $350.

California Security Blog
                Domain Registration Services

Comment

Not bad.

Dear Wisconsin: Still hate your laws.

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X