No announcement yet.

New cop cars.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Didn't realize AMSCOT had thier own security lol.

Speaking of I saw an impala the other day that on first glance I thought it might be CIS but when I got closer realized it was a FHP Community Service Officer?? Never heard of it but have seen it a few times since at a couple MVAs guess they help with traffic. Has a yellow light bar

Comment

Originally posted by GCMC Security
      Didn't realize AMSCOT had thier own security lol.

Speaking of I saw an impala the other day that on first glance I thought it might be CIS but when I got closer realized it was a FHP Community Service Officer?? Never heard of it but have seen it a few times since at a couple MVAs guess they help with traffic. Has a yellow light bar

I meet the driver, he said they just started it. He's the only one between Tampa and Orlando right now. He checks the offices security and thier set up to make sure they are follwing procedures and everything is OK. The only thing I find odd is that he is unarmed. Those places have a lot of money in them.

Yes, FHP's PSO have been around for a little while now. DOT has the same divison of thier own as well. Thier cars are yellow and thier LEO cars are silver. Markings are pretty much the same.
      My views, opinions and statements are my own. They are not of my company, affiliates or coworkers.

-Being bagger at Publix has more respect these days

-It's just a job kid deal with it

-The industry needs to do one of two things; stop fiddling with the thin line and go forward or go back to that way it was. A flashlight in one hand and your set of keys in the other

Comment

Interesting concept. For those that don't know, Amscot is a check cashing company. Cash loans, check cashing, pre-paid credit cards, bill pay, etc.

The first time I saw an LED light bar was 2 miles away on a summer day. It was an FHP CSO vehicle. You could tell this, and it was impressive as hell at the time, because the light bar would switch from "rotator" mode to flashing like mad with the words FHP in the center, then go to "MOVE LEFT." Then back to light bar mode.
        Some Kind of Commando Leader

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

Comment

Originally posted by N. A. Corbier
          Interesting concept. For those that don't know, Amscot is a check cashing company. Cash loans, check cashing, pre-paid credit cards, bill pay, etc.

The first time I saw an LED light bar was 2 miles away on a summer day. It was an FHP CSO vehicle. You could tell this, and it was impressive as hell at the time, because the light bar would switch from "rotator" mode to flashing like mad with the words FHP in the center, then go to "MOVE LEFT." Then back to light bar mode.
          They are supposed to convert all thier units by late 2007 with LEDS. They already have the new radio system running. We had one in about a week ago and he had the LEDS inside over head behind the windshield. All the way accross! It was fascinating to see it work.
          My views, opinions and statements are my own. They are not of my company, affiliates or coworkers.

-Being bagger at Publix has more respect these days

-It's just a job kid deal with it

-The industry needs to do one of two things; stop fiddling with the thin line and go forward or go back to that way it was. A flashlight in one hand and your set of keys in the other

Comment

seen in florida: "state law enforcement" vehicles

i found this thread when investigating the amscot security vehicle mentioned.

i am curious about the vehicles with blue and white (i think) bands that I have seen in florida that say 'state law enforcement' on the back, and have the florida seal on their doors. all of a sudden maybe 6 months ago i started seeing these trucks and suburbans everywhere and wondered what their function was.

Comment

I believe FL DOT has blue and whites...not sure. Nathan??

Comment

Sounds like a DOT Commercial Vehicle Enforcement truck to me. Wildlife usually says STATE OFFICER on it, and are grey and blue.
                Some Kind of Commando Leader

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

Comment

Something interesting....twice in the past week I have seen FWC officers working road construction. Not that anythign is wrong with that but I don't think I've ever seen anyone but FHP, Sherriff Office, or Local boys working em....

Of course we's got us a lot of road construction here in escambia county

Comment

The new ones i think look more bulky i guess you would say. I know of sa PD that went to them because they say it will probably be cheaper on fuel and up keep. I dont know if they can go as fast as the crown vics i hope they can. So far they havent had any problems. As far as what those guys think about it i havent heard anything yet. For me when im forced or even change gear etc my self it sometimes takes me a while to like it or give it a chance. By looks i like the crown vic better. But i have no idea if it really is or not. I can tell you a buddy of mine drives a dodge cruiser, and its one of the fastest cars on that side of the county. Much faster than the vics.

What kind of cars do you guys that do patrol use ? My assignment is a little patrol and some stationary etc. I use my own car for work. Which i kinda like. At least i dont have to drive it back to the office.

Comment

Rumor around here, was the contract for Crown Vic P71 expires with the 07 model and they may abandon any/all CV production at that time.
                      Dodge made the move a year early with the Charger and supposedly has a Chrysler M300 strictly for LE in the works..anyone hear this as well?
                      Yoda
                      Sometimes there is "Justice", sometimes there is "Just Us"

Comment

Some have mentioned the better handling in the snow with front wheel drive cars. The Chrysler 300 has an all wheel drive option. It is essentially the same vehicle as the Charger, just different sheet metal and trim. I think if the LE version of the Charger were offered with AWD it would make about the best all around patrol vehicle for snow country.
                        I am glad to see some potential real competition for the Ford. Not that I don't like the Ford, but competion tends to improve all competitors.
                        On the Colorado. My father-in law is a mechanic at a Chevy dealer. He has said that the Colorados have been nothing bu trouble since they were introduced.
                        "Gun control, the theory that 110lb. women have the "right" to fistfight with 210lb. rapists. " Author Unknown

Comment

Originally posted by N. A. Corbier

It seems like there is always something new with light bars these days. They are impressive. Still, there is something to be said about the MSP and their classic style rotating bubble light. I like it and it can be seen readily from any direction. I heard that the state police were considering a change to light bars, but changed their minds after people complained about changing a classic feature of the MSP.
                          Security: Freedom from fear; danger; safe; a feeling of well-being. (Webster's)

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Security
                            It seems like there is always something new with light bars these days. They are impressive. Still, there is something to be said about the MSP and their classic style rotating bubble light. I like it and it can be seen readily from any direction. I heard that the state police were considering a change to light bars, but changed their minds after people complained about changing a classic feature of the MSP.
                            Well they are doing it again. Now they say by 2009 the bubble will be gone. I'm guessing that the next thing to go will be the blue paint job. The same color blue has been used since 1956.

Comment

Originally posted by T202
                              Well they are doing it again. Now they say by 2009 the bubble will be gone. I'm guessing that the next thing to go will be the blue paint job. The same color blue has been used since 1956.
                              That's too bad. I say if it works, don't "fix" it. I love that shade of blue. It's an eye catcher.

Comment

New Light Bars

I know the new LED lightbars have many advantages, but they are also very expensive right now. I see police departments spending money on these new bars instead of making due with the strobes and using the money for other important equipment and/or manpower.

Are they safer than the strobes? Is that why or is there another good reason for this expense?

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X