Guard Tour Systems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guard Tour Systems

I am looking to replace our current guard tour system. We currently use an older system that is made by Morse Watchman and I have thought about upgrading to the newer Powercheck one; however, I would like to go with a much smaller data recorder that our guards can easily carry in their pockets. I have seen some that look like mini-flashlights, but I'm not sure which companies make them (at least the most reliable ones.) Can anyone recommend some of the better ones? Thanks guys...
    111th PAPD Class
    Bravo Platoon 4th Squad

At our hospital we use the pipe, here is a link to it.

http://www.guard1plus.com/en/home.htm

Comment

Originally posted by SHART1971 View Post
      At our hospital we use the pipe, here is a link to it.

http://www.guard1plus.com/en/home.htm
      Thanks. This is more of what I had in mind... Is this a good one? I should probably mention that it would be for a very large outdoor mall, so I would need something that holds up in all weather conditions.
      111th PAPD Class
      Bravo Platoon 4th Squad

Comment

We use this at my mall...
        http://www.pulsestar.biz/pulsestar_kit.html

They work well, unless some Officer decides there's a patrol point he doesn't want to hit and subsequently shmooshes the wall button to the point that the hit won't register...

Or, the battery in the wand dies/is removed before data can be transferred, and any stored data to that point is lost...

Good thing about it, it's roughly the size of a mini mag, and with some repeated use, fits securely in the open top leather mini mag belt holders...
        “Two wrongs don't make a right, but three rights make a left”
        "I swear to God, I'm going to pistol whip the next guy that says 'Shenanigans' "... Capt. O'Hagan, "Super Troopers"

Comment

Whatever you do, don't get an IR system as the barcodes can be photocopied and scanned off a sheet of paper with the records fudged. Witnessed this happening about 15 years ago when I paced the records and found someone had run a mile around the complex in 3 minutes flat. I have a key ring fob button system for our patrols and found the 90 days of active service between charges on the wands was perfect.
          "Keep your friends close and your enemies even closer" Sun Tzu

Comment

Originally posted by NRM_Oz View Post
            Whatever you do, don't get an IR system as the barcodes can be photocopied and scanned off a sheet of paper with the records fudged. Witnessed this happening about 15 years ago when I paced the records and found someone had run a mile around the complex in 3 minutes flat. I have a key ring fob button system for our patrols and found the 90 days of active service between charges on the wands was perfect.
            The problem there is the guard, not the system. The solution? "You're Fired!"
            Security: Freedom from fear; danger; safe; a feeling of well-being. (Webster's)

Comment

I am a fan of barcode scanners. You can program them to prompt your guards with status questions related to each point they hit. (I.E. pressure readings on the sprinklers, gas meter levels, locked/unlocked/damaged status of doors.) You can also set up location markers for portable assets. You post a location barcode where the given asset belongs and an asset barcode on the item itself. You can also program the scanners with schedules for assets that are not checked on a daily basis.
              "A good deed’s like pissing yourself in dark pants. Warm feeling but no one notices." - Jacob Taylor

Comment

I tried to dump Morse Watchman at my work in favor of the pipe. I couldnt get them to see my side of it.

The Pipe is awesome though.
                "I am not a hero. I am a silent guardian, a watchful protector"

Comment

I agree about the barcode scanners. If there is a problem on the patrol, leaks, equipment malfunctions, or other miscellaneous problems they will be documented accordingly to back up the times the patrols were done. Like others have said about the photocopying of the barcodes, if an officer is going through all of that trouble to not do their job, then maybe they really don't want their job...

Comment

i have been using the guard1plus system for a while and the only complaint i have is keeping outdoor wand points attached. the mounting tape supplies sucks. Superglue doesn't work well on metal to metal and the plastic mounting rings are hard to get.

Otherwise the system works great. I can even email the reports from my car when i go to out of the way accounts that don't have a computer and reader onsite.

for $1200.00 per unit it might be a little expensive for some but that what billing rates are for.
                    Wisdom - Having a lot to say, but knowing when to keep it to yourself.

Comment

I am loving these pipe systems that you guys are talking about. The only thing I am worried about, though, is that the checkpoint stations appear to be metal. How would this hold up being outside year round? The nice thing about the Morse Watchman is that the checkpoint stations are plastic and will not rust or corrode.
                      111th PAPD Class
                      Bravo Platoon 4th Squad

Comment

Originally posted by Security View Post
                        The nice thing about the Morse Watchman is that the checkpoint stations are plastic and will not rust or corrode.
                        Instead, the Morse Watchman points will scuff, etc and will be rendered useless. I just replaced a couple. Crack open one of them. They have some kind of magnetic junk inside.
                        "I am not a hero. I am a silent guardian, a watchful protector"

Comment

Superglue doesn't work well on metal to metal and the plastic mounting rings are hard to get.
                          2 words, JB Weld...
                          “Two wrongs don't make a right, but three rights make a left”
                          "I swear to God, I'm going to pistol whip the next guy that says 'Shenanigans' "... Capt. O'Hagan, "Super Troopers"

Comment

You may want to check out this system as well. Just bought 2 of them (the SG6 type) and they are indestructable. Made out of anodized aluminum - can be dropped, driven over, etc and they still work. Relatively inexpensive as well at $750 each with software, downloader, checkpoints and incident code pad.

http://www.bcsint.com/proximity_wand.htm
                            Professionalism through Training

Comment

The pipe works fine outside. the only problem I had was on buttons that had gotten wet. If they were wet, you would have to dry them off before you hit it.
                              Over all works great.

At my site where I work now use this ancient time record item called a "Book"

We have about 20 books located throughout the site that we go by and put the date, time, condition and initials.
                              And the reason we use a book: Our director trusts us.

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X