Rigid Handcuffs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rigid Handcuffs

A friend of mine, who works the same shift as me showed up last night with ASP's new rigid handcuffs. Anyone tried these? Any thoughts?

I think that I saw a pair for pre-sales demo at Streicher's days last year.

No comment, yet.
    Some Kind of Commando Leader

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

Comment

ASP cuffs are junk. I have seen too many detainees/prisoners break them.
      "I am not a hero. I am a silent guardian, a watchful protector"

Comment

Originally posted by FireEMSPolice View Post
        I think that this might be the answer to the breaking problem. There is no flex in these at all.
        "You gotta look like Rico Suave, Think like Einstein and, only if that fails...fight like Tyson." -Dougo83's FTO

Me- "Should we call the police?" My FTO- "Justin, here, we are the police. Go get em."

Originally posted by Black Caesar
        some people just need killin!!!!! (Or Tasing, or pepper spraying or whatever).

Comment

See, I like ASP cuffs. I like the fact they have a key hole on both sides.
          www.oramsecurity.com

Comment

Originally posted by SgtUSMC8541 View Post
            I like the fact they have a key hole on both sides.
            Alot of prisoners like these also so they can pick them.
            "I am not a hero. I am a silent guardian, a watchful protector"

Comment

Alot of prisoners like these also so they can pick them.
              ASPs are NOT easy to pick. The ratchet is mounted on multiple tensioners, so the old paper-clip-down-the-arm trick doesn't work. And the added thickness of the plastic along with the way the keyway is bevelled back over the steel underneath makes getting a pick down into it difficult. Not saying it can't be done, but it takes longer.

I've also never seen a pair of them break. I witnessed a demo with them where the instructor actually shot a pair with a soft-point .45... the bullet defelcted off the cuff (that was definitely a "don't try this at home" moment, tho... it deflected at a very odd angle. Glad we were all standing behind lexan!). Cuff still worked afterwards, too. Biggest drawbacks I've encountered with them is the hinge pin loosening up over time with no way of adjusting or tightening it, and the chain swivel welds not holding up (I switched to hinged. Problem solved).

Haven't seen the new rigids outside of a catalog yet. They don't seem like they'd be as easy to apply in a combat situation.
              "I don't do judgment. Just retrieval."

"The true triumph of reason is that it enables us to get along with those who do not possess it."

Comment

The chain type should be easier to use since the wrist can be cuffed w/o being lined up with the rigid cuff. Just my opinion.
                Security: Freedom from fear; danger; safe; a feeling of well-being. (Webster's)

Comment

Rigid Handcuffs

I THINK I WILL STAY WITH THE OLE' SMITH & WESSONS & PEERLESS WITH THE CUTE LITTLE CHAIN

Comment

Don't you guys need to ask permission before you simply change your equipment?
                    Ewfr 'Gomulee - EuwFer 'Gom-You-Lee
                    Court Security Officer - Her Majesty's Courts Service HMCS

Comment

Originally posted by Ewfr 'Gomulee View Post
                      Don't you guys need to ask permission before you simply change your equipment?
                      From whom?

9 times out of 10, the contract company just wants you to have "a pair of handcuffs." What you wear is up to you, if you even wear them at all.
                      Some Kind of Commando Leader

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

Comment

Originally posted by grenadier View Post
                        I THINK I WILL STAY WITH THE OLE' SMITH & WESSONS & PEERLESS WITH THE CUTE LITTLE CHAIN
                        Agreed,i'll stick with my peerless,thanks just the same.

Comment

I'm not a fan of ASP cuffs, but carry them as back-up (weight), but I've never heard or read them breaking except on forums.

Any photos of them breaking? How strong is the person that can break the cuffs? WOW!

Comment

This refers to the chained cuff. I found this on another forum so hopefully that problem has been resolved
                            Problem has been solved. Only cuffs with the RED double locking mechanism have the above mentioned problem, and those are nearly impossible to find. All the new ones have yellow locking mechanisms, which is an indicator of the new design.
                            I cant be a vegitarian... I love the taste of death!

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X