Knives and Multitools

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Knives and Multitools

How many here carry at least one knife and/or multitool?

I carry a Spyderco Endura with a partially serrated blade and a Leatherman Wave. I usually carry the Endura clipped to my right front pocket and the Wave in my left back pocket.
    "Lawyers, Guns and Money"

"Don't pick a fight with an old man. If he's too old to fight, he'll just kill you."

I always carry my Kershaw folding blade. It is super sharp and has a "spring assisted open" (read: barley CA legal switchblade). Its a great knife and made in the USA. I carry it clipped to my back right (strong side) pocket when working unarmed, or on my non-gun side when working armed.

I also have a huge Swiss Army knife with all the bells and whistles, but it is bulky so it stays in the gear bag.

Police Officer

Experience: Bouncer, EMT, Theme Park Security, Money Transport, Armed Guard

Comment

Originally posted by dannyr619 View Post
      I always carry my Kershaw folding blade. It is super sharp and has a "spring assisted open" (read: barley CA legal switchblade). Its a great knife and made in the USA. I carry it clipped to my back right (strong side) pocket when working unarmed, or on my non-gun side when working armed.

I also have a huge Swiss Army knife with all the bells and whistles, but it is bulky so it stays in the gear bag.

Which Kershaw Speedsafe is that?

I had a Blackout a while back, loved the thing.
      Some Kind of Commando Leader

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

Comment

Its a 1630BLKST.. just looked it up: http://www.kershawknives.com/productdetails.php?id=33

If you don't like the SpeedSafe there is a on/off switch too.
        Police Officer

Experience: Bouncer, EMT, Theme Park Security, Money Transport, Armed Guard

Comment

I have a Buck Tool from Graingers. This little guy is one of the most useful tools on my belt. Before the Buck I brought a couple less expensive utility knives and highly recommend not doing that. On one occasion the blade tried to close while I was using it. Thank god my fingers prevented it from closing. OUCH!! On the first one the handle grip rivets let go and once again my fingers prevented any further harm to the rope I was cutting. Still got all 10 but beware of cheap knives.
          THE AVERAGE RESPONSE TIME FOR A 911 CALL IS FOUR MINUTES
          THE AVERAGE RESPONSE TIME FOR A .357 MAGNUM ROUND IS 1400 FEET PER SECOND?
          http://www.boondocksaints.com/

Comment

Originally posted by dannyr619 View Post
            Its a 1630BLKST.. just looked it up: http://www.kershawknives.com/productdetails.php?id=33

If you don't like the SpeedSafe there is a on/off switch too.
            Nice.

Originally posted by Chucky View Post
            I have a Buck Tool from Graingers. This little guy is one of the most useful tools on my belt. Before the Buck I brought a couple less expensive utility knives and highly recommend not doing that. On one occasion the blade tried to close while I was using it. Thank god my fingers prevented it from closing. OUCH!! On the first one the handle grip rivets let go and once again my fingers prevented any further harm to the rope I was cutting. Still got all 10 but beware of cheap knives.
            I asked for a knife when cutting a box open one time. It looked like the S&W SWAT series knife. It wasn't. I still have a scar from where the liner lock decided it was tired and disengaged.
            Some Kind of Commando Leader

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

Comment

I have a Winchester tool on my duty belt I bought from WalMart. Works well and comes in handy.
              "I am not a hero. I am a silent guardian, a watchful protector"

Comment

Swisstool multiplier, CRKT M-16 folder, Gerber/Emerson collaboration...

Depends on how I feel and/or what I grabbed on the way out the door, most of the time I have a folder clipped in the zippered compartment of my right cargo pocker on my duty uniform.
                Overmotivated and Underpaid... I'm a Security supervisors wet dream...

Comment

I have a Gerber Hinderer, basically a rescue tool, has a O2 wrench, seatbelt/clothing cutter, window punch and a decent serrated blade. As well as a small tool set.

It is a great investment!

Check out the wrie up on it.

http://www.equipped.org/hinderer_rescue.htm
                  Attached Files
                  I'm the guy you don't want to be around when your doing something wrong, but you can't wait for me to get there when your down, to fix you up...

If you don't stand behind our troops, feel free to stand in front of them.

Comment

What no cup holder ?

I have the same blade as Danny and I to let it sit in a duty bag in my car (never use it much but it is there with other gear) but still rely on my Leatherman Supertool for 15 years. I know there are better ones on the market but this one has fixed cars, radios, rescued kids from backyard mishaps and never let me down yet.

I have always carried a Swiss Army knife in my pocket for those office repairs including PC issues and faulty equipment that may need a good tighten up. The tweezers have been used to mending glasses with loose screws as well as fix toys for kids who have had an accident.
                    "Keep your friends close and your enemies even closer" Sun Tzu

Comment

Hmmm... that Gerber Hinderer looks nice, but it looks more like a knife than a multi-tool, thus it could prove difficult to pass our State laws

The basic multi-tool I carry on my duty belt is a generic 15-in-1 type gizmo, more than adequate to get the job done
                      "We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give" - Winston Churchill

Comment

I carry

A number of options

Knife:
                        Either the CRKT Kasper or M16-14D

MT:
                        Either a Leatherman Super Tool (old school) or Gerber Diesel

PocketKnife:
                        Always the Uncle Henry (gift)
                        Any number of SAK's

Also, two recent additions are the Ka-Bar TDI LDK around my neck and the Ka-Bar TDI on my mag holder.

Comment

Originally posted by dougo83 View Post
                          Also, two recent additions are the Ka-Bar TDI LDK around my neck and the Ka-Bar TDI on my mag holder.
                          Wouldn't that present a potential risk via strangulation... or does it feature a safety/quick release clip in the cordage/lanyard?
                          "We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give" - Winston Churchill

Comment

Originally posted by Maelstrom View Post
                            Wouldn't that present a potential risk via strangulation... or does it feature a safety/quick release clip in the cordage/lanyard?
                            Nope, it's on the beaded/breakaway chain like dog tags. Plus, with it under the shirt, you gotta know it's there to make a grab for it anyway...

Comment

I am a huge Knife guy... I love em' so much my wife has banned me from the store and ebay.

I almost always have an Emerson CQC-11 I've had it for years and can't believe how sharp it stays. Also with what it costs I'm surprized I haven't lost it yet.

In days that I want a smaller knife if have a Kershaw Boa that rides in my right front pocket. Other times its one of a bunch of CRKT models - i have five different m-16's, a lightfoot, kasper, desert cruiser, and a m-18

Then there is the standby Benchmades. An Aries and a Pardue.
                              Wisdom - Having a lot to say, but knowing when to keep it to yourself.

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X