OC spray pistol from Kimber...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OC spray pistol from Kimber...

Anyone see or use this yet? looks pretty good...
    http://www.life-act.com/jpx.php

Pricey tho, at about 300 apiece; don't think much luck will be had trying to convince the company to issue these over $15 cans of OC...
    “Two wrongs don't make a right, but three rights make a left”
    "I swear to God, I'm going to pistol whip the next guy that says 'Shenanigans' "... Capt. O'Hagan, "Super Troopers"

I got to play with one at a SHOT show a few years back. This was before Kimber bought the rights to sell them in America. I forget the name of the Sweedish company that makes them along with some other non-gun looking models. I liked the idea, you get a little more range than a spray, but you can get a Taser C2 for that price.

California Security Blog
    Domain Registration Services

Comment

Jet Protector JPX

Kimber has the import rights in the U.S. The Switzerland-based manufacturer is PIEXON. I was intrigued by its possibilities as a less-lethal option and purchased one (black without the laser). I haven't had time to field test/evaluate it yet. --K.
      Bitter clinger to my guns and religion....

"When I die, I desire no better winding sheet than the Stars and Stripes, and no softer pillow than the Constitution of my country."--Andrew Jackson

Psychological Operations: Because physical wounds heal.

Comment

An alternative to the Kimber...

I got my new Quartermaster mag today. It had this:
        http://www.qmuniforms.com/itemdy00.a...1.x=36&I1.y=55

Looks like it might be a winner. I might buy it just to play with.

Comment

Originally posted by dougo83 View Post
          I got my new Quartermaster mag today. It had this:
          http://www.qmuniforms.com/itemdy00.a...1.x=36&I1.y=55

Looks like it might be a winner. I might buy it just to play with.
          That looks hilariously like something that'll get someone killed. It has to make an awesome toy, though.
          Some Kind of Commando Leader

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

Comment

Yep, I gotta agree with Nathan...

That QM deal looks afwul large to carry, and IMHO, most folks would ask why a SO is carrying a flare gun...

I'm really partial to the Kimber pistol, due to size, appearance, and quick change of OC cartridges; and, for all intents and purposes, when holstered the Kimber looks as though it may be a compact Glock or such actual firearm... My company is pretty much dedicated to the Hospitality industry, so actual firearms/weapons are a big no-no...

However, since by manufacturer's statement it is really nothing more than a glorified OC delivery system, I personally don't see a problem with my Officer's carrying these...

Guess I gotta persuade the GM and Prez a bit more regarding these...
            “Two wrongs don't make a right, but three rights make a left”
            "I swear to God, I'm going to pistol whip the next guy that says 'Shenanigans' "... Capt. O'Hagan, "Super Troopers"

Comment

Keep in mind the MACE brand is the consumer brand for First Defense/Federal Labs. This is for Sally Soccermom! Which will make it even weirder.
              Some Kind of Commando Leader

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

Comment

I'm diggin this one up

Has anyone on here bought/used the JPX in the field? I'm trying to convince myself not to buy one. I want to hear a review or 10...

Comment

Originally posted by N. A. Corbier View Post
                  That looks hilariously like something that'll get someone killed.
                  Amen to that!
                  Last edited by SecTrainer; 04-11-2008, 09:30 AM.
                  "Every betrayal begins with trust." - Brian Jacques

"I can't predict the future, but I know that it'll be very weird." - Anonymous

"There is nothing new under the sun." - Ecclesiastes 1:9

"History, with all its volumes vast, hath but one page." - Lord Byron

Comment

Of course I live in one of 4 states that doesn't allow them. Meh. Wisconsin is so forward thinking in so many ways but when it comes to self defense, you better watch out (oh yeah. and common law marriages).
                    Last edited by EVILjbf; 04-11-2008, 09:16 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by flashlightcop509 View Post
                      Yep, I gotta agree with Nathan...

That QM deal looks afwul large to carry, and IMHO, most folks would ask why a SO is carrying a flare gun...

I'm really partial to the Kimber pistol, due to size, appearance, and quick change of OC cartridges; and, for all intents and purposes, when holstered the Kimber looks as though it may be a compact Glock or such actual firearm... My company is pretty much dedicated to the Hospitality industry, so actual firearms/weapons are a big no-no...

However, since by manufacturer's statement it is really nothing more than a glorified OC delivery system, I personally don't see a problem with my Officer's carrying these...

Guess I gotta persuade the GM and Prez a bit more regarding these...
                      A less expensive alternative; http://www.life-act.com/guardianangel.php
                      Remember those who died, remember those who killed them.

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X