Vietnam War Era Medics Pack Wanted

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vietnam War Era Medics Pack Wanted

Could be hard to find here in Australia so I will ask our American viewers if they can help me with locating my old boy Vietnam War Era Medics Pack. Some of our posters who were serving around that time will know what I mean as these canvas bags fold out 3 ways and are about 14 inches square with enough gear to go for a few days (not combat of course). My `old boy`was purchased in Hawaii in 1988 when I was at a Surplus store and was given a freebie for bringing home 1/2 the shop and now it is dying from years of use and abuse. I have a modern version but like the way the old boy works for me and consider it part of the essentials of life.

Would be curious if anyone can direct me as I have 1 supplier so just looking for another who may be cheaper or have other similar items ? Curtis I am relying your experience here to add any futher info to better describe my medics pack.
    "Keep your friends close and your enemies even closer" Sun Tzu

Have you tried E-Bay?
    I enforce rules and regulations, not laws.
    Security Officers. The 1st First Responders.

Comment

Medical Instrument and Supply Set (bag only)-

Check out this site. Go to "Gear Equipment- Modern" only $10.00

Now - I'm looking for a blanket - throw with a picture of a Kohala on it. I've searched all over the U.S.
      Retail Security Consultant / Expert Witness
      Co-Author - Effective Security Management 6th Edition

Contributor to Retail Crime, Security and Loss Prevention: An Encyclopedic Reference

Comment

You know, they do make much more advanced medical kit these days, and the dressings are atleast sterile.

But a pic of the layout and stuff inside would really be neat to see, being in that kinda feild not combat medicine mind you. I believe it was those VietNam medics that inspired the profession of Paramedicin IE Paramedics.
        I'm the guy you don't want to be around when your doing something wrong, but you can't wait for me to get there when your down, to fix you up...

If you don't stand behind our troops, feel free to stand in front of them.

Comment

I understand what OZ is talking about. In Vietnam I carried a NVA backpack instead of USMC issue. They were more confortable and had many more pockets. I sold it to a 'newbie' for $50.00 just before I left to come home. Pretty good profit - considering I paid 0.

Contributor to Retail Crime, Security and Loss Prevention: An Encyclopedic Reference

Comment

I believe they're called L-3 or M-3 medic bags.

www.sportsmansguide.com

and

www.cheaperthandirt.com

both have the M-3 medic bag, as a reproduction. Its not actually Vietnam-issue, its just the same design.
            Some Kind of Commando Leader

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

Comment

Originally posted by Curtis Baillie View Post
              Medical Instrument and Supply Set (bag only)-

Check out this site. Go to "Gear Equipment- Modern" only $10.00

Now - I'm looking for a blanket - throw with a picture of a Kohala on it. I've searched all over the U.S.
              A Kohala sounds like a Hawaiian Parrot - but phonetically it is correct as it is really a KOALA and for not calling them bears you get a bonus point. I will run a search for what is around and I am sure we will have them for sale someone - especially online. Curtis please send me a PM for what specifics you require and colour/s. Ironically, you could go to China and get it straight from the factory.

Thanks for your help I contacted a friend in Miss. who's Dad was a 2 tour vet in Vietnam and knows exactly what I am looking for with contacts with a surplus company who should be able to help me as well. These bags look like the old RAF Gas Mask Bags service people carried around with them at all times - still have one from WWII I picked up in the bush at a junk shop that I used for years as a work bag.
              Last edited by NRM_Oz; 01-30-2008, 03:59 AM.

Comment

Sorry, K-O-A-L-A. Not a word I spell often. Much like - "biff"

Comment

http://cgi.ebay.com/KOALA-Bear-Austr...QQcmdZViewItem
                  "To win one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the highest skill. To subdue the enemy without fighting is the highest skill." Sun-Tzu

Comment

Ironic I asked a friend who's wife has a linen and decorations business and she sent me an email this morning asking for me to look at E-bay. Wish I had not gone there ................. like online surplus stores, I am almost banned from going there by the wife2b ........ I can see some purchases coming on.

Most of the other blankets I have seen are 3' x 3' and for kids beds - just wish people would not call them `bears` because they aren't bears. Then I guess why is a Mountain Lion called a Lion .............. touche` I say.

Comment

Thanks for the link. I've looked for a couple of years now and have never been able to find one. I hate Ebay, but will need to consider this one.

Comment

This looks familiar but not sure if it's exactly what you're referring to.

http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/MOLLE114-1280-1978.html

Last edited by SecTrainer; 02-02-2008, 01:34 PM.
                        "Every betrayal begins with trust." - Brian Jacques

"I can't predict the future, but I know that it'll be very weird." - Anonymous

"There is nothing new under the sun." - Ecclesiastes 1:9

"History, with all its volumes vast, hath but one page." - Lord Byron

Comment

Originally posted by SecTrainer View Post
                          This looks familiar but not sure if it's exactly what you're referring to.

http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/MOLLE114-1280-1978.html

That's what I was thinking of when I linked to CtD and Sportsman's Guide.
                          Some Kind of Commando Leader

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

Comment

VERY similar but these were cotton or canvas ........... I had a cotton I had as a kid and a canvas one which finally died after I had it repaired a few too many times. But the bottom folded out and had clear PVC pockets. Mine were all US Army with a tri-fold out pocket. Similar to those pics and since I was only a few days old when Armstrong went for a walk on the moon it was before my time. Once I get a name, I will give you the Mil-spec information so you will all the EXACT understanding of what I was talking about.

Comment

Here's another version:

"Every betrayal begins with trust." - Brian Jacques

"I can't predict the future, but I know that it'll be very weird." - Anonymous

"There is nothing new under the sun." - Ecclesiastes 1:9

"History, with all its volumes vast, hath but one page." - Lord Byron

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X