Photoshop = Vehicle Graphics Design?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Photoshop = Vehicle Graphics Design?

So, I got a graphics template off the Galls Graphics Super Store (Feel like there should be some !s in there), which is at gallsgraphicssuperstore.com.

The CVPI one looks crappy, which is due to "flattening" the image too much so I couldn't remove a few things. That one, I'll redo and probably post.

The Tahoe/Surburban one, however, I rather like. Having ripped off Davis002's company cars... I give you, my boredom with photoshop.
    Attached Files
    Some Kind of Commando Leader

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

Not bad, not bad... I actually used to design patrol car graphics for agencies, a few years back. Shoot me a PM if you want with your email, and I'll show you a few of my examples

Oh, and yes, galls templates came in VERY handy at the time... Nowadays when I'm doing a kit I photoshop it right onto a real pic of a vehicle, to give the prospective client a much better idea of how it will look. Basically, I searched the web for good profile shots of CVPIs, Impalas, etc, (front, back, side), then photochopped them into solid 'base' colors... black, white, grey, etc... Basically, I used real pics to create my own templates... Works well for me.
    Corbier's Commandos - "Stickin it to the ninjas!"
    Originally posted by ValleyOne
    BANG, next thing you know Bob's your Uncle and this Sgt is seemingly out on his a$$.
    Shoulda called in sick.
    Be safe!

Comment

NA... you better appreciate this, as it took an insane amount of digging through "my documents" to find this Also, let's hope my boss (of whom is now lurking these boards) doesn't burn me for posting this on here :P It looks white, but it's actually a dark gray on the finished product. My opinion is obviously biased, but we have sharp looking cars.

Your design looks sharp! Are you planning on going with an SUV? As you can tell we put our office phone number on the vehicle, as opposed to "911". Around here we would get alot of flack from PD for putting "911" on our cars. Also, we want people to call and say "nice car" jk!
      Attached Files
      Last edited by davis002; 02-12-2006, 07:12 AM.
      "To win one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the highest skill. To subdue the enemy without fighting is the highest skill." Sun-Tzu

Comment

Originally posted by davis002
        NA... you better appreciate this, as it took an insane amount of digging through "my documents" to find this Also, let's hope my boss (of whom is now lurking these boards) doesn't burn me for posting this on here :P It looks white, but it's actually a dark gray on the finished product. My opinion is obviously biased, but we have sharp looking cars.

Your design looks sharp! Are you planning on going with an SUV? As you can tell we put our office phone number on the vehicle, as opposed to "911". Around here we would get alot of flack from PD for putting "911" on our cars. Also, we want people to call and say "nice car" jk!
        Thanks! I have 4 DVD-ROMs of old material I consistantly dig through to find things like uniform specs, partially written policy manuals, SPE and DT4EMS training materials, and price lists. I know just how you feel. I was sitting there with the side of your car pic open, trying to figure out where the end of the stripe ended.

You can't see it, the blow up on the colored pencil and printed template has the real "decal," but its a box that says:
        EMERGENCY 911
        Corporate (262)-XXX-XXXX

Anyone who wants to give me a ration about "Emergency 911" will be told: If my clients have an emergency, they should call NINE ONE ONE, so that the police come out.

Of course, we all know that on a good account, the residents on properties will not call 911, they will call us, because we actually respond within the hour.

I have one with the Suburban, and one with the CVPI. I messed the CVPI one up, but I always "color first, letter second" with multiple paintshop files, so I can re-do it.

You can't see it, because it looked horrible, but in front of "Protective Services," half-way entering the cyan stripe, will be the shoulder patch.

Like your cars, I'm definately thinking about a molding delete on the CVPI. It depends on what the sign shop (Its easier to do it locally, I suck at applying labels, and paying an employee to do it != insurance against "whoops") suggests or needs done to the molding.

If anyone wonders about throwing the words "PRIVATE POLICE" on the rear and sides, I got the idea from... Kenosha Private Police, who's actual company name IS Kenosha Private Police.

Um, Davis... You can't see it on the photoshop version, but the colored pencil version has a Whelen Edge 12 strobe on the top, with "Amber/Amber/TD/White/White/TD/Amber/Amber," and "Amber/Red/Red/Red/Red/Amber" on the back.

And Amber/White/Red lamps on the Tahoe rear windows, so that people behind the truck can see the lamps.
        Last edited by N. A. Corbier; 02-12-2006, 10:50 AM.

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

Comment

Behold, the Crown Victoria.

The Star is there to signify where the shoulder patch or badge "graphic" goes. I'll probably let the vendor insert that on their "final design" PSD file.

Star's gone, hopefully, and replaced with the badge.
          Attached Files
          Last edited by N. A. Corbier; 02-19-2006, 11:29 AM. Reason: Updated with new badge design.

Comment

Nice looking graphics Corbier!
            Will a lightbar be included atop?

P.S. Ever consider THIS design?
            Attached Files
            Last edited by wisconsinite; 02-19-2006, 11:05 AM.
            "If you run, you'll only go to jail tired."

Comment

Originally posted by wisconsinite
              Nice looking graphics Corbier!
              Will a lightbar be included atop?

P.S. Ever consider THIS design?
              Light bars will probally be either Star Sabres for low profile in amber/white/red(rear), or if I can find a few Whelen Edge 12-strobe sticks off e-bay, red to rear, amber to front, and throw em on top. Trucks get one light bar in the front, and "deck lights" mounted so they're visible through the rear glass - you can't see a light bar well on a truck.

I've thought about that design, but I couldn't fit the words, "I am the LAW" on it.

Comment

Originally posted by N. A. Corbier

I've thought about that design, but I couldn't fit the words, "I am the LAW" on it.
                Either across the top of the windshield or the leading edge of the hood would be good places.

Comment

Originally posted by ACP01
                  Either across the top of the windshield or the leading edge of the hood would be good places.
                  I always thought that on the top of the windshield, it should say, "DODGE."

On the sides, it should say "RAM." These warnings should be large.

Comment

I have some templates for the CVPI and Impala, as well as some vehicle designs I made when we proposed new ones. You can PM me for them.
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by jakeslife; 03-01-2006, 09:30 PM.
                    Liability is never above officer safety. Do what you must to make sure you go home safe.

William-2, 10-6 for 105. Yep, I'm at Starbucks!

I may be gay, but I'll eff you up!

Personal Web Site

Cheap, Quality Web Design! Put a great cop on the beat by helping with my tuition! :-D

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X