Taser Cam

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Taser Cam

Anyone use or have experience with the Taser Cam???
    ~Super Ninja Sniper~
    Corbier's Commandos

Nemo me impune lacessit

Grammical and Spelling errors may occur form time to time. Yoov bin worned

No, but it seems like a damn fine idea to me. Probably save the agency that uses it a lot of lawsuits.

My company is going to be selling a Maglight knockoff that has a camera in it, video/audio and still photo. It has a filter on the lens so you can take a photo of an ID, and if worse comes to worst, you can always hit someone with it.

It'll retail for about $500ish.

Stop a lot of false arrest and brutality suits.

Waterproof, too.
    The CCTV Blog.

"Expert" is something like "leader". It's not a title that you can ever claim for yourself no matter what you might know or might have done. It's a title that others bestow on you based on their assessment of what you know and what you have done.

-SecTrainer

Comment

great devices

They have saved my rear on two occaisons. Especially the incident that we couldn't find the knife in the mud that the dude was gonna shank me with . The administrative inquiry into the incident went about like this- One second, two second, three second, "Sarge, you did the right thing. inquiry dismissed.

Wonderfull tasers
      Last edited by Justice_Hound; 01-27-2008, 04:42 PM.
      We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm.
      -George Orwell

Comment

I tooled around with a test unit, and I am all for the idea. My main concern was the size of the camera. It does seem to make the x26 somewhat bulky. Of course, if a bulky x26 saves you millions in a lawsuit, then it's worth it.

Here is a link to some Taser cam footage from the Minneapolis Police. MPD Taser Cam Footage
        "To win one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the highest skill. To subdue the enemy without fighting is the highest skill." Sun-Tzu

Comment

Thanks to everyone thats pitched in their two cents thus far....

The bulkiness of the unit is somewhat of concern, but I'll just like anything else you just have to adapt and over come it...

Does teh bulk affect the balance of the unit, or pehaps improve it?

Anyone have any ideas on a 'better' holster? The local PD here has an issue with the cartridges somwhow remaining in the holster when drawing... It's an occasional issue, but still would like to mitigae it if at all possible.
          ~Super Ninja Sniper~
          Corbier's Commandos

Nemo me impune lacessit

Comment

We've had 3 deployments in the last month since we started carrying Tasers. In all 3 incidents, the Taser was presented, but none of us have actually had to fire. I guess the sight of that laser dot on your chest is enough to say "ok, I give up." All of our Tasers have the TaserCam. Our administration reviews every Taser deployment, and due to the video, our department has actually been comended by them (rare occurance) for our restraint. The Cam is a valuable tool, especially with the audio.
            Apparently a HUGE cop wannabe...

Comment

Originally posted by davis002 View Post
              I tooled around with a test unit, and I am all for the idea. My main concern was the size of the camera. It does seem to make the x26 somewhat bulky. Of course, if a bulky x26 saves you millions in a lawsuit, then it's worth it.

Here is a link to some Taser cam footage from the Minneapolis Police. MPD Taser Cam Footage
              How bulky are we talking here? Granted, I dislike my pinkie finger not having a perch on the weapon, I'm not drinking tea here. Does this move the weapon out of the G26/G27 range of tiny?
              Some Kind of Commando Leader

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

Comment

Originally posted by N. A. Corbier View Post
                How bulky are we talking here? Granted, I dislike my pinkie finger not having a perch on the weapon, I'm not drinking tea here. Does this move the weapon out of the G26/G27 range of tiny?
                With the TaserCam, it adds a 3rd finger to the grip. But you have to be carefull how you hold it if you do the typical "2 handed" aim. You need to make sure your second hand isn't covering the camera lens.

http://www.taser.com/products/law/Pages/TASERCAM.aspx

and, just because it's new, you might find this link interesting.....

http://www.taser.com/products/law/Pages/TASERX12.aspx
                Last edited by sgtnewby; 02-03-2008, 07:04 PM.
                Apparently a HUGE cop wannabe...

Comment

Personally, the XREP brought a smile to my face. I like the idea of being able to use a standard shotgun. Talk about being able to reach out and BBQ someone...

And of course, the video is pretty kewl...
                  ~Super Ninja Sniper~
                  Corbier's Commandos

Nemo me impune lacessit

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X