Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Penthrox View Post
    So thats it eh?
    I stated my opinion, then explained that it was what I was told by my trainer. If you want to disagree it's a free country.
    The CCTV Blog.

"Expert" is something like "leader". It's not a title that you can ever claim for yourself no matter what you might know or might have done. It's a title that others bestow on you based on their assessment of what you know and what you have done.

-SecTrainer

Comment

Forget the speaker mics for safety, what about the bloke I saw getting choked with his gold chains his neck he as he worked a door alone ? I never knew that Mr T had relations in Australia ?

Thankfully, 2 passing police officers stepped in but this is only asking for trouble in a situation like that. All corrections staff here all use handheld radios only (lets you hear everything going on). UK police have their radios installed as part of their policing vests so the cords are hidden and our police here have the shoulder mics. Personally, I have tried to use my throat mic but like Dougo said on VOX you need to be careful, as I once dropped a table of my foot and let out a " Ahhhhhhhh "______ ing _____" which due to the "ahhhh opened up the mic for everyone to hear the 2nd and 3rd words". I learnt to be careful what was said whilst on VOX from that point.
      "Keep your friends close and your enemies even closer" Sun Tzu

Comment

I don't see the complexity of this issue... I use a shoulder mic and am working on integrating a ear tube (yes clear), anyone who tries to strangle me with it is gonna get shot.

Will it be a perfect shot in the X ring? No, probaly not, but I promise I'll do my best to get it within the center of available mass.
        ~Super Ninja Sniper~
        Corbier's Commandos

Nemo me impune lacessit

Grammical and Spelling errors may occur form time to time. Yoov bin worned

Comment

Whilst I was guarding at 'Comet, We Live Electricals' I ended up taking in my own set of Radios.

Motorola HT600Es.
          Very good, Very Reliable and bloody tough bits of kit... just a bit heavy though.

Ewfr 'Gomulee - EuwFer 'Gom-You-Lee
          Court Security Officer - Her Majesty's Courts Service HMCS

Comment

We currently use the Motorola Radius CP200 with an earpiece/mic (BodyGuardâ„¢ 2-Wire Surveillance Kit)

It's good in noisy environments but not great, but gets the job done.
            Attached Files
            Last edited by Deputy Dawg; 03-03-2008, 02:21 PM.
            "The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke

Comment

Our hospital utilizes Kenwood TK-3160 radios.

With Pryme two-wire surveillance kits.

We replace the "mushroom" ear bud on the Pryme with the flexible open inserts.
              -Jedi-
              Semper Paratus

Comment

We've used Motorola GP 300's & Radius P1225's for years. Last year we bought 4 Kenwoods. They are terrible. When the battery dies, it dies, no advanced warning at all. Usually happens when you are calling for back-up.

Last week we bought a Motorola Radius CP200 with a Lithium battery. We have only had to charge it 3 times. It goes 38 hours without needing to be charged!
                I enforce rules and regulations, not laws.
                Security Officers. The 1st First Responders.

Comment

Originally posted by HotelSecurity View Post
                  We've used Motorola GP 300's & Radius P1225's for years. Last year we bought 4 Kenwoods. They are terrible. When the battery dies, it dies, no advanced warning at all. Usually happens when you are calling for back-up.

Last week we bought a Motorola Radius CP200 with a Lithium battery. We have only had to charge it 3 times. It goes 38 hours without needing to be charged!
                  yeah that is the nice thing about the CP200, if it gets a nice full charge, it lasts all day long with your average use.
                  "The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke

Comment

Kenwood has made great strives to change the battery problem. One very nice feature is that they are now using Li-Ion batteries with a 14 hour battery time and only 6 hour charge time. Also, I am not sure about the Kenwood radios you used, but when the battery is getting low on ours, there is an audible beep.
                    -Jedi-
                    Semper Paratus

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X