Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Radio Accessories...What do you use?

Hi,

Just curious as to see what accessories you guys use for your radios.

Also what type of work are you using them in and how is their performance.

Thanks.
    Fight what is Wrong, Believe what is True, Do what is Right

To be honest I am looking for high noise environments more (ie Bouncers/Crowd Controllers) but all information is appreciated

Comment

I work in a fairly high noise environment, (ie. Prison Kitchen, Yard, Housing Units). I use a Motorola MTS2000, with a Motorola Headset
      Attached Files
      "What if this is as good as it gets?" ~ Melvin Udall

Comment

We use the Motorola HT750 for Security, Maintenance, and Housekeeping

We also use Surveillance ear pieces and shoulder mics. I have the exact model numbers at work

Management uses the now discontinued Motorola Visar

Only theirs do not have the front keypad. They use Surveillance ear pieces as necessary.
        "I am not a hero. I am a silent guardian, a watchful protector"

Comment

We carry the Motorola HT1250.LS with shoulder mic. There is a jack for ear pieces if the officer requires/desires.

Be Safe,

Hank
          " We are determined that before the sun sets on this terrible struggle, our flag will be recognized throughout the world as a symbol of freedom on one hand and of overwhelming force on the other" - General George C. Marshall

Comment

Originally posted by Hank1 View Post
            We carry the Motorola HT1250.LS with shoulder mic. There is a jack for ear pieces if the officer requires/desires.

Be Safe,

Hank
            Ahh, the "buff mike", the perfect object for a perp to strangle you with.

Seriously, you wear a clip on tie but keep a thick coiled wire right next to your neck? Sure, it's convenient, but...
            The CCTV Blog.

"Expert" is something like "leader". It's not a title that you can ever claim for yourself no matter what you might know or might have done. It's a title that others bestow on you based on their assessment of what you know and what you have done.

-SecTrainer

Comment

We get the Moto XTS5000 in un-encrypted P25 digital for wide-area,

And have to carry an additional radio, the Icom F4GS-1 for in-house use.

No headsets, the Moto gets the standard speaker-mike.

Comment

We use Motorola PR400 radios. No accessories. No speaker mikes or ear buds. Just the radio cliped to our belt.
                Hospital Security Officer

Comment

Originally posted by OccamsRazor View Post
                  We get the Moto XTS5000 in un-encrypted P25 digital for wide-area,

And have to carry an additional radio, the Icom F4GS-1 for in-house use.

No headsets, the Moto gets the standard speaker-mike.
                  Woah that is the radio that is standard issue to our police department. They use the XTS3000's also.

I have my own fleet of 7 GP328 and GP328 pluses and a bucket load of accessories but I am just trying to suss out what people use.

I will take a photo of all my gear tonight/tomorrow and show you what i have

Comment

Originally posted by Penthrox View Post
                    Woah that is the radio that is standard issue to our police department. They use the XTS3000's also.
                    Apparently before I came on, they used the XTS3500's, but now everyone gets the boat anchor 5000...Standard issue for 99% of the federal government, it seems.

Comment

We use the Kenwood TK-3200's here for everyone in the building, and when there is a large crowd or live band we use the RocketScience Star-K1 single wire in ear speaker with inline mic.

I have been having some issues with a muffled sound with the inline mic's but they seem to work great otherwise.
                      Never be afraid to try new things. Remember, amatures built the Ark while professionals built the Titanic.

Comment

Working CPP I kept my personal gear which included a Nytech throat mike and earpiece but can be a pain to get used to if you forget to press your PTT button or forget to click it off. It came in a kit and we were all given access to subsidised prices but it is rare that I use it as it is a usual (oh I wish I had brought it with me) 2nd thought but it does look more professional in the corporate world. The kit does have a cordless ear piece which is like a hearing age inside your ear canal but I found this hard to get used to but then found it easier to be covert without anyone knowing I was present.

Oh and you need to get a bigger shirt with more room in the neck to ensure your mic is sitting correctly and practice - practice - practice. It did come with a host of connections but I ended up just using it on Motorola radios or those with similar connections. But the bloody box is about 10" x 6" so is not something you are going to carry around in your back pocket.

Most of the separate ear pieces do have a safety break off where the lead comes out of the 3.5 mm jack and pulls away from you - similar to the mechanisms of a clip on tie. When I went for a velcro duty belt, I also bought an Uncle Mike's universal radio pouch that fits all radio sizes and styles - designed to be fitted on any belt to hold your radio secure (those belt clips are not always secure).

As for loud noise areas I would go for a balance ear muff style as you need to ensure you can at least hear your radio from 1 ear and be able to hear patrons from another ear.
                        "Keep your friends close and your enemies even closer" Sun Tzu

Comment

We also use the Motorola PR400 radios clipped on our belt. But I have a headset I use during business hours to keep radio traffic to myself.

Its an alright headset, awkward at first but easy to adapt to.

Comment

Similar to part of my kit but there is a clip to go onto your collar or underneath your shirt - a way to easily disconnect yourself if you HAVE to go offline or are caught in a scuffle. The ear pieces do have a kit that you mould to fit into your ear and suggested you do it with the help of a doctor for a snug fit.
                            "Keep your friends close and your enemies even closer" Sun Tzu

Comment

Standard motorola handmike. Not too worried about being strangled with my own handmike, if someone's trying to do that I have an issued gun and a knife as well... and they're going to be within arms reach...
                              Overmotivated and Underpaid... I'm a Security supervisors wet dream...

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X