X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hank1
    replied
    Originally posted by CameraMan View Post
    Hannibal Smith was the only person badass enough to give Mr. T orders and live to tell the tale.
    " I love it when a plan comes together".

Be Safe,

Hank

Leave a comment:

• NRM_Oz
    replied
    Drew depends what specs you MUST have for the job. As I said I have a kit but I do know that some places have them for the different radios. Some kits will interchange with others but it depends on the brand of the gear used. Bendex King was a pain in the bum to get an adapter for in Sydney but I found one in Melbourne online.

Leave a comment:

• Drew
    replied
    riiiight ! I remember A Team now. As a company commander in 3 RAR (airborne) , when giving orders I'd call my NCOs 'team' - it's a figure of speech I guess I use a lot.

Thanks again all for the advice.

belatede Merry Christmas to all!

Leave a comment:

• CameraMan
    replied
    Hannibal Smith was the only person badass enough to give Mr. T orders and live to tell the tale.

Leave a comment:

• SecTrainer
    replied
    Originally posted by Drew View Post
    thanks all. I appreciate the advice. And who the hell is 'Hannibal Smith'? (although I have a feeling I don't want to know)
    Colonel John "Hannibal" Smith - leader of the A-Team. Played by George Peppard.

Leave a comment:

• Drew
    replied
    Thanks

thanks all. I appreciate the advice. And who the hell is 'Hannibal Smith'? (although I have a feeling I don't want to know)

Leave a comment:

• Maelstrom
    replied
    Due to the very nature of EP services, it might also be advantageous dropping a line to this company for a chat about Transcrypt encryption systems

wireless2way.com.au
    Last edited by Maelstrom; 12-16-2007, 10:39 PM.

Leave a comment:

• SecTrainer
    replied
    Team, I am looking at buying a few sets of comms gear for EP assignments. What's best for discretion, range, ease of use, price?

I also want panic alarms for my principals. Again what's best?
    cheers
    Drew
    Since you're in Australia, it's hard for us to advise you. What I would do is put your questions to a company in Australia that has radio expertise, and you might want to rent some gear from them until you settle on what's best.

Try these folks, for instance: http://www.connectcom.com.au/

Leave a comment:

• CameraMan
    replied
    Team, I am looking at buying a few sets of comms gear for EP assignments. What's best for discretion, range, ease of use, price?

cheers
    Drew
    "Team"? Who are you, Hannibal Smith?

Seriously, though I like the Motorola XTN Series XU-2600 UHF 2 Watt 6 Channel 2 Way radio. $199.95 USD, and you can get an airbud with a mic for fifty bucks.

Leave a comment:

• Drew
    started a topic comms gear

comms gear

cheers
    Drew

Leaderboard

Collapse
Working...
X