comms gear

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• comms gear

Team, I am looking at buying a few sets of comms gear for EP assignments. What's best for discretion, range, ease of use, price?

I also want panic alarms for my principals. Again what's best?
    cheers
    Drew

Originally posted by Drew View Post
    Team, I am looking at buying a few sets of comms gear for EP assignments. What's best for discretion, range, ease of use, price?

cheers
    Drew
    "Team"? Who are you, Hannibal Smith?

Seriously, though I like the Motorola XTN Series XU-2600 UHF 2 Watt 6 Channel 2 Way radio. $199.95 USD, and you can get an airbud with a mic for fifty bucks.
    The CCTV Blog.

"Expert" is something like "leader". It's not a title that you can ever claim for yourself no matter what you might know or might have done. It's a title that others bestow on you based on their assessment of what you know and what you have done.

-SecTrainer

Comment

cheers
      Drew
      Since you're in Australia, it's hard for us to advise you. What I would do is put your questions to a company in Australia that has radio expertise, and you might want to rent some gear from them until you settle on what's best.

Try these folks, for instance: http://www.connectcom.com.au/
      "Every betrayal begins with trust." - Brian Jacques

"I can't predict the future, but I know that it'll be very weird." - Anonymous

"There is nothing new under the sun." - Ecclesiastes 1:9

"History, with all its volumes vast, hath but one page." - Lord Byron

Comment

Due to the very nature of EP services, it might also be advantageous dropping a line to this company for a chat about Transcrypt encryption systems

wireless2way.com.au
        Last edited by Maelstrom; 12-16-2007, 11:39 PM.
        "We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give" - Winston Churchill

Comment

Thanks

thanks all. I appreciate the advice. And who the hell is 'Hannibal Smith'? (although I have a feeling I don't want to know)

Comment

thanks all. I appreciate the advice. And who the hell is 'Hannibal Smith'? (although I have a feeling I don't want to know)
            Colonel John "Hannibal" Smith - leader of the A-Team. Played by George Peppard.
            "Every betrayal begins with trust." - Brian Jacques

"I can't predict the future, but I know that it'll be very weird." - Anonymous

"There is nothing new under the sun." - Ecclesiastes 1:9

"History, with all its volumes vast, hath but one page." - Lord Byron

Comment

Hannibal Smith was the only person badass enough to give Mr. T orders and live to tell the tale.
              The CCTV Blog.

"Expert" is something like "leader". It's not a title that you can ever claim for yourself no matter what you might know or might have done. It's a title that others bestow on you based on their assessment of what you know and what you have done.

-SecTrainer

Comment

riiiight ! I remember A Team now. As a company commander in 3 RAR (airborne) , when giving orders I'd call my NCOs 'team' - it's a figure of speech I guess I use a lot.

Thanks again all for the advice.

belatede Merry Christmas to all!

Comment

Drew depends what specs you MUST have for the job. As I said I have a kit but I do know that some places have them for the different radios. Some kits will interchange with others but it depends on the brand of the gear used. Bendex King was a pain in the bum to get an adapter for in Sydney but I found one in Melbourne online.
                  "Keep your friends close and your enemies even closer" Sun Tzu

Comment

Originally posted by CameraMan View Post
                    Hannibal Smith was the only person badass enough to give Mr. T orders and live to tell the tale.
                    " I love it when a plan comes together".

Be Safe,

Hank
                    " We are determined that before the sun sets on this terrible struggle, our flag will be recognized throughout the world as a symbol of freedom on one hand and of overwhelming force on the other" - General George C. Marshall

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X