Security vehicle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Security vehicle

I figured I would post a picture of a vehicle we modified for security. I blanked out the customer logo on the side for obvious reasons. The system retracts then folds down into the back of the truck. Then the cover slides shut and encloses the system. The system has a ground radar and thermal/cctv camera. The stereo in the truck pulls out and has the video screen and controls. From the outside of the truck you cannot tell it is anything special. The only reason I am able to post it is because there are alot of trucks like this out there, just not as special. Let me know what you think. I'd also like to see pictures of other surveillance vehicles.
    Attached Files

Nice rig love the dually's and sweet gear, but why would one want there logo on a suveilance vehicle, unless it's a decoy company. Is she the the gas or desiel and what size?
    I'm the guy you don't want to be around when your doing something wrong, but you can't wait for me to get there when your down, to fix you up...

If you don't stand behind our troops, feel free to stand in front of them.

Comment

What's with the radar?

OK, I admit it, I don't understand what the ground radar is used for. I thought it was a long distance video recording set up, which I thought was cool, but I am obviously wrong.

Comment

Totally cool. sure it's a speciality vehicle but you should post that in the Patrol vehicle thread too. http://forums.securityinfowatch.com/...read.php?t=155
        Hospital Security Officer

Comment

Originally posted by bpdblue View Post
          OK, I admit it, I don't understand what the ground radar is used for. I thought it was a long distance video recording set up, which I thought was cool, but I am obviously wrong.
          Here's a link to some info on ground radar systems, bpdblue. They're used for wide-area surveillance. Can be stationary or mobile - note that the system referred to in the link can be mounted on a Suburban or a Hummer.

Airports have used ground radar for years, of course, to enforce runway separation between planes. The military uses it to make sure bombing ranges are clear of personnel before making training runs. It has potential uses on the border, also - if Congress would approve the systems for the Border Patrol.

When combined with visual/thermal/IR imaging systems, ground radar can be a powerful surveillance tool.
          Last edited by SecTrainer; 12-12-2007, 04:44 AM.
          "Every betrayal begins with trust." - Brian Jacques

"I can't predict the future, but I know that it'll be very weird." - Anonymous

"There is nothing new under the sun." - Ecclesiastes 1:9

"History, with all its volumes vast, hath but one page." - Lord Byron

Comment

That... is some seriously [H]ardcore surveillance hardware right there!
            "We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give" - Winston Churchill

Comment

Originally posted by bpdblue View Post
              The radar is as SecTrainer stated. It is used for large area "sweeps". Because a camera is only looking at one area at a time. As the radar finds something moving on the ground (ie. vehicle, or person) the camera can be set to automatically point at the target. This is called "slue to cue". This gives security and/or whomever is using the system a very large coverage area with minimal manpower or the need for many cameras. Some radar/camera systems can cover as much as a 10km radius. And with gps tied into the system you could use software such as Google Earth to overlay your targets and get a real time picture of the area and targets. These systems are very useful for large area coverage such as: Border, Military installations, Coastlines, Harbors, and even corporations with vast areas to secure. Another neat function of the system is the fact that it can be removed from the truck and placed on a trailer for longer term deployment and remote operation, literally from anywhere on earth. It only takes about 15 minutes to transfer from truck to trailer or vice-versa.
              Last edited by Rooney; 12-12-2007, 12:11 PM. Reason: add detail

Comment

SecTrainer and Rooney, thanks for the "schoolin" on the ground radar info, it is pretty cool.

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
                Working...
                X