Socks !!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Socks !!!

A basic necessity to wear boots with but I am curious as to what experiences you have had with good and bad socks over the years ?

Do you wear 2 pairs - 1 thin to your skin and 1 thick like the Army teaches you or do you just have 1 thick pair ?

I have found some great socks from a hiking shop for $15.00 US for 2 pairs - black and very good without heat build up in summer called Avalanche. I bought 20 pairs of them as I am not sure if they are still available for sale.
    "Keep your friends close and your enemies even closer" Sun Tzu

I come from the canadian so i do like i ve been teach in the army lol i wear to pair of nylon sock under and a pair of wool sock or gore tex sock in winter

Comment

Those Avalanche socks are made by a company called Colorado IIRC, personally I get by on business style socks purchased all in black so as to facilitate pair swapping when they begin their spiral downward into threadbare exhaustion

What is it with women that they sneakily borrow/tax our beloved socks? LOL
      Last edited by Maelstrom; 12-03-2007, 05:52 PM.
      "We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give" - Winston Churchill

Comment

I tend to replace mine every few months as I tend to lose 1 or they go missing only to be found somewhere like behind a set of drawers or washing machine.

Comment

I have rather tall boots so I just wear a pair of white Heins Socks. They are made of cotton I believe. The white does not show above the boot so no problems with clashing there.
          -Protect and Serve-

Comment

Originally posted by NRM_Oz View Post
            I tend to replace mine every few months as I tend to lose 1 or they go missing only to be found somewhere like behind a set of drawers or washing machine.
            There called sock monsters, they live in washing machines and driers and eat your socks. Like other mysterious creatures you will never actually see one, as they hide very well, and strike without notice.
            I'm the guy you don't want to be around when your doing something wrong, but you can't wait for me to get there when your down, to fix you up...

If you don't stand behind our troops, feel free to stand in front of them.

Comment

I wear thorlo socks exclusively. I find that if I wear a sock that does not extend past the top of a boot it will subsequently bunch around my ankle and work its way off with heavy use.

If I know i'm doing heay field work I roll my socks down over the top ofmy boot to keep them from sucking into my boot, as well as to provide more ventilation for my legs.

Lessons learned from 30 and 20 mile roadmarches, and 16+ mile dismounted tactical movements by LPC.
              Overmotivated and Underpaid... I'm a Security supervisors wet dream...

Comment

I pulled my 1st uniform shift in 12 month to help out a mate with his team for Boxing Day and after 8 hours we had the dance of the SORE FOOT FAIRY with the staff complaining of sore feet. I ended up having to rest them more often because most of these clowns came wearing dress shoes - despite Wayne (my friend) offering them 1/2 price boots he could get at wholesale for $40.00 US. After 14 hours I admit I was sore but glad to know I can still hold it and even today as our stores go crazy with those post Xmas sales, I am looking at another 14 hours ........ best to invest in good socks with good boots or shoes.

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
                Working...
                X