Dragon Skin Body Armor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dragon Skin Body Armor

Can anyone here vouch for the quality of Dragon Skin body armor? I'm only asking because in doing research on it, I have read about an equal number of good and bad reviews about it. I'm considering upgrading from my current level II point Blank Vest and I'm really leaning toward Dragon Skin, but only if it is good. I don't want to spend $2,500 of next year's tax refund on it if nobody can vouch for its quality.

Originally posted by tattedupboy View Post
    Can anyone here vouch for the quality of Dragon Skin body armor? I'm only asking because in doing research on it, I have read about an equal number of good and bad reviews about it. I'm considering upgrading from my current level II point Blank Vest and I'm really leaning toward Dragon Skin, but only if it is good. I don't want to spend $2,500 of next year's tax refund on it if nobody can vouch for its quality.
    Where is your post, Bahgdad? Sudan? Rammallah? Baltimore?
    The CCTV Blog.

"Expert" is something like "leader". It's not a title that you can ever claim for yourself no matter what you might know or might have done. It's a title that others bestow on you based on their assessment of what you know and what you have done.

-SecTrainer

Comment

To be honest with you, I had never heard of it before reading about it on this website. I have read good and bad about it too.

Why don't you get the best level IIIA vest with ceramic plates for now, and wait and see more reviews about the dragon skin. You will obviously save ALOT of money now, and can always buy the dragon skin when you feel you have gotten enough info to prove to you it's worth the cost.

Comment

DOD has banned its use under any circumstances. Pinacle is not a favored contractor in that they probably haven't thrown out enough money, alcohol or nubile blondes.
        Visit mailcall.com and click on R. Lee Ermey, a retired Gunnery Sergeant of the United States Marine Corps and go through the topics. They tried every which way to hit a dummy's torso with various rounds and none got through. The Army conducted tests on Dragon Skin and found it substandard. Remember, all those Colonels and Generals migrate to defense contractors after retirement. The tests originally conducted on the M-16 were rigged as were tests for various alarm systems, to include rearranging the wiring. That happened on my watch. After they failed to get satisfactory results from Army developed systems, they swallowed their pride and the US Navy folks installed their modified Vindicator System. Worked like a charm!
        You'll notice DOD rarely lets NIST approved laboratories conduct independent tests on products for which the lab is accredited.
        I can only assume the Army and DOD fudged the Dragon skin tests.
        And don't get me started on Seneca Army Depot alarm system debacle.
        Enjoy the day,
        Bill

Comment

And don't get me started on Seneca Army Depot alarm system debacle.
          You've mentioned that in the upset alarm customers thread, but I don't know any of the details.
          The CCTV Blog.

"Expert" is something like "leader". It's not a title that you can ever claim for yourself no matter what you might know or might have done. It's a title that others bestow on you based on their assessment of what you know and what you have done.

-SecTrainer

Comment

so they fudge with tests to make the companies they hold stock in gain favor? That reminds me of that part in the 1st Spiderman movie when Willem Defoe's company was crowded unfairly out of a competition for a contract.
            "Complexity is easy; simplicity is difficult."
            -Georgy Shpagin, mentor to M. Kalashnikov

Comment

Originally posted by Dayanx View Post
              so they fudge with tests to make the companies they hold stock in gain favor? That reminds me of that part in the 1st Spiderman movie when Willem Defoe's company was crowded unfairly out of a competition for a contract.
              Dayanx, I'm proud of you. No they may not hold stock in a favored company but if the general, admiral, colonel is nice to that company they stand a good chance of being hired by that company in some form or fashion. The same applies to senior government officials.
              Just look at the RPG problem, Israel developed a system and it works for them. The army turned it down in favor of one under development by a US company, a large defense industry. Development will take an estimated four more years or so. We have grunts dying so others may make more profit and defense officials garner jobs after retirement or change of administrations.
              Enjoy the day,
              Bill

Comment

Dragon skin isn't something you want. It just had it's civilian certifications revoked. You can find better elsewhere, and if you really need some good armor I recommend looking at dimondback tactical... do a google
                Overmotivated and Underpaid... I'm a Security supervisors wet dream...

Comment

Originally posted by tattedupboy View Post
                  I personally wear Second Chance IIIA. I'm very happy with their product and service. Highly recommend it to any officer!

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X