Pen Handcuff Key

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pen Handcuff Key

Ok I have seen these used on TV in shows like COPS - I admit I watched it and also watched Baywatch too. I would like to know WHERE I can get my hands on the handcuff keys that look like pens I have seen some LEO use to adjust cuffs on offenders. I am looking for S/W type locks so would appreciate any assistance.
    "Keep your friends close and your enemies even closer" Sun Tzu

Any place that sells handcuffs usually. I think I got mine at Galls, but other places have them. I prefer them, and don't like using the standard keys. Having said that....I keep a standard key on my office keys and 1 on my personal keys, 1 in my wallet, and 1 taped on the inside of my glove pouch. Nothing more embarrassing then arresting a subject, having LE show up to take him off your hands and having to borrow a key!

Also did you know that it is illegal in FL for a private citizen to possess a handcuff key?
    SecurityProfessional is Back up and running!

Comment

Hi NRM' I think what you're referring to is called the 'Zak Tool' (pictured below)

$19.95 AUD from LEGear.com.au

Alternatively... you can get a PR24 replica cuff key @ $9.95 AUD from Signal One

FWIW I've also seen the 'Zak-Tool' on places like eBay for $9.00 US ($6.00 US P/H)
      Last edited by Maelstrom; 11-16-2007, 09:40 PM.
      "We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give" - Winston Churchill

Comment

Yessssssssssss !!!

Maelstrom ............ Thanks Mate !!! I have a friend who loses these bloody keys all the time. I have ALWAYS kept one in my wallet, car keys, house keys, work keys (same with fire-alarm box keys) and a spare cuff key on a belt keeper. The Pr24 I had once before and it snapped on me. But I will get my mate to order the other model - $25 AUD for a tool like this is brilliant as I think a few of us will do a bulk order.

Oh on a stupidity issue, my wife's youngest decided to be an idiot - go into the wardrobe and play with my handcuffs - only trouble was I had all keys with me - he handcuffed himself to a suitcase and had to wait for me to come to his mother's house 6 hours later.

Comment

Originally posted by gcmc security part 2 View Post
          Any place that sells handcuffs usually. I think I got mine at Galls, but other places have them. I prefer them, and don't like using the standard keys. Having said that....I keep a standard key on my office keys and 1 on my personal keys, 1 in my wallet, and 1 taped on the inside of my glove pouch. Nothing more embarrassing then arresting a subject, having LE show up to take him off your hands and having to borrow a key!

Also did you know that it is illegal in FL for a private citizen to possess a handcuff key?
          But it's okay to wear socks with sandals outside a retirement village ?

Actually handcuffs are restricted items here ............ but you can get the play versions which are pretty strong for about $10.00 - so go figure.

Comment

Best Handcuff Key

best of both worlds http://www.copsplus.com/prodnum2101.php
            Attached Files
            Last edited by CAPTAIN KOOLAID; 11-17-2007, 02:35 AM.
            CAPTAIN KOOLAID 9594

oh ya

Comment

You're welcome NRM' I'd been looking around and came across those nifty looking key alternatives recently

Cops Plus looks like a neat place to get duty gear CAPTAIN KOOLAID... but looks like they only ship to US states & Canada

I'm gonna' have to stop looking at those prices!

* drools *
              "We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give" - Winston Churchill

Comment

Cuffmate

http://cgi.ebay.com/STREAMLIGHT-CUFF...QQcmdZViewItem
                They also have them on ebay as well . Sure you can fine someone ships overseas.
                CAPTAIN KOOLAID 9594

oh ya

Comment

Originally posted by gcmc security part 2 View Post

They can posses keys by they may not be concealed. Leos , bail agents and Licensed security as well as licensed PIs are exempt.
                  "Get yourself a shovel cause your in deep Sh*t"

Comment

Originally posted by CAPTAIN KOOLAID View Post
                    ...Just don't ever use one in the real world whilst cuffing or uncuffing someone at night. The LED facing the key or double-lock pin is a great idea, but using one button to turn both of them on is the stupidest idea in the world.

Great= Using an LED on your cuff key to double-lock some dirtbag's cuffs.

Not So Great= Doing so, and having the bright-as-the-sun LED on the key end blind you whilst doing the above.

A+ for idea, but F- for implementation.

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X