M4 carbine or CAR 15

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• M4 carbine or CAR 15

In usa it is legal for a security company to use M4 carbine or CAR 15 execept for Nuclear security

State by state.

Most IASIR regulatory states (An association of state security and PI regulators) put language such as, "A police type pistol or pistol may be authorized. With permission of the [director/commissioner/board], other weapons may be authorized."

Others simply state "firearm license," and if you can certify in it, you can carry it.

Example: Tennessee and Florida use the "or other weapon as authorized" statute, Wisconsin uses the "Whatever the hell you can certify in" model.
    Some Kind of Commando Leader

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

Comment

so in Wisconsin i can use a full auto M4 carbine

Comment

Originally posted by The Hussard View Post
        so in Wisconsin i can use a full auto M4 carbine
        If you can afford the two hundred dollar tax stamp, get your Chief LEO to sign off on the ATF Form 4 to purchase it, yes.

You could also use a short barreled version (SBR), or a suppressed version, with proper tax stamps.

Keep in mind, usually there's nothing that 'special' about nuclear security, unless they're empowered by the Department of Energy, or contracted to the federal government exclusively.

Example: A DOE Special Patrol Officer works for the DOE. He/she/it has police powers of arrest, and can carry a firearm as a federal LEO. A contract security guard working for Bob Dole Heavy Industries works for a private corporation. They are not agents of the Department of Energy, yet may still have the same toys if Bob Dole Heavy Industries pays for the proper tax stamps and waivers from the state for it.

A better example would be the guard in Wisconsin being armed with a 37mm or 40mm grenade launcher. Yes, its possible. Is it done? Usually only at nuclear power plants.
        Some Kind of Commando Leader

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

Comment

I think I need to move to the USA. By law, armoured truck crews were once allowed to carry their issued hand gun, a shotgun and a spare barrel. It was detailed in the government act that stated only these 3 things were allowed. Shotguns were stopped some 15 years ago and as for carrying a spare barrel - do Uncle Mikes have one ?

Where a colleague worked in the USA, he used something like an M1 Carbine but guess what ? It was never loaded with the loaded magazine in his pocket ready to load if necessary (it had an empty clip). Don't know what good this would have been if confronted but herhaps it would be like "Stop Mr Baddy ....... let me just lock and load and point dangerous end back at you, ok ?".
          "Keep your friends close and your enemies even closer" Sun Tzu

Comment

Minnesota Statute

624.7181 RIFLES AND SHOTGUNS IN PUBLIC PLACES.
            Subdivision 1. Definitions. For purposes of this section, the following terms have the
            meanings given them.
            (a) "BB gun" means a device that fires or ejects a shot measuring .18 of an inch or less in
            diameter.
            (b) "Carry" does not include:
            (1) the carrying of a BB gun, rifle, or shotgun to, from, or at a place where firearms are
            repaired, bought, sold, traded, or displayed, or where hunting, target shooting, or other lawful
            activity involving firearms occurs, or at funerals, parades, or other lawful ceremonies;
            (2) the carrying by a person of a BB gun, rifle, or shotgun that is unloaded and in a gun
            case expressly made to contain a firearm, if the case fully encloses the firearm by being zipped,
            snapped, buckled, tied, or otherwise fastened, and no portion of the firearm is exposed;
            (3) the carrying of a BB gun, rifle, or shotgun by a person who has a permit under section
            624.714;
            (4) the carrying of an antique firearm as a curiosity or for its historical significance or
            value; or
            (5) the transporting of a BB gun, rifle, or shotgun in compliance with section 97B.045.
            (c) "Public place" means property owned, leased, or controlled by a governmental unit and
            private property that is regularly and frequently open to or made available for use by the public in
            sufficient numbers to give clear notice of the property's current dedication to public use but does
            not include: a person's dwelling house or premises, the place of business owned or managed by
            the person, or land possessed by the person; a gun show, gun shop, or hunting or target shooting
            facility; or the woods, fields, or waters of this state where the person is present lawfully for the
            purpose of hunting or target shooting or other lawful activity involving firearms.

Subd. 2. Penalties. Whoever carries a BB gun, rifle, or shotgun on or about the person in
            a public place is guilty of a gross misdemeanor. A person under the age of 21 who carries a
            semiautomatic military-style assault weapon, as defined in section 624.712, subdivision 7, on or
            about the person in a public place is guilty of a felony.

Subd. 3. Exceptions. This section does not apply to officers, employees, or agents of law
            enforcement agencies or the armed forces of this state or the United States, or private detectives
            or protective agents
            , to the extent that these persons are authorized by law to carry firearms and
            are acting in the scope of their official duties.

History: 1993 c 326 art 1 s 34; 1994 c 576 s 58; 1994 c 636 art 3 s 42
            Last edited by davis002; 11-16-2007, 02:08 PM.
            "To win one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the highest skill. To subdue the enemy without fighting is the highest skill." Sun-Tzu

Comment

Guess it's a good thing I live in alaska.

I could go to the mall with my M-Forgery slung around my neck.

Would I probably meet some LEO's? yep.... but would I be legal? yep...

Open carry and concealed carry are both legal. Without permits.
              Overmotivated and Underpaid... I'm a Security supervisors wet dream...

Comment

Originally posted by Alaska Security View Post
                Guess it's a good thing I live in alaska.

I could go to the mall with my M-Forgery slung around my neck.

Would I probably meet some LEO's? yep.... but would I be legal? yep...

Open carry and concealed carry are both legal. Without permits.
                Same in Vermont.

Comment

How thing change

And just think, a little over a hundred years ago California used to be the WILD WEST, now it looks like (weapon carry wise) you have to go to the wild north or east for that type of scene.

Comment

Originally posted by tattedupboy View Post
                    Same in Vermont.

In Vermont it legal to carry a M4 ?

Comment

Originally posted by The Hussard View Post
                      In Vermont it legal to carry a M4 ?
                      My understanding with Vermont is, if you can purchase it you can carry it.

Maryland, however, doesn't really say if you can or cannot carry it. Most LEO's i've talked to (Nathan don't even say it LOL)... believe it would be okay if put on a sling and locked down in the car. Maryland permits are to carry a handgun. Gotta love my state.
                      "Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." - Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by bpdblue View Post
                        And just think, a little over a hundred years ago California used to be the WILD WEST, now it looks like (weapon carry wise) you have to go to the wild north or east for that type of scene.

There's a reason Alaska is officially known as "The Last Frontier"...
                        Overmotivated and Underpaid... I'm a Security supervisors wet dream...

Comment

Originally posted by Alaska Security View Post
                          There's a reason Alaska is officially known as "The Last Frontier"...
                          YES SIR......

There is something wonderful about having little old ladies carrying
                          .454 caliber wheel guns in their purse and dumping them out on the
                          conveyor belt @ Fred Meyers in search of change.

I love Alaska.

Justice_Hound
                          We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm.
                          -George Orwell

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X