X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ff000525
    replied
    Originally posted by wilrobnson
    I bought my wife the XD9 sub compact for $380 out the door here locally...NIB with all the little extras (i.e. holster, mag pouch and extra mags in a case). Of course, the included holster sucks, so we got her a leather Aker one, and I filled the mags with a 50/50 mix of HydraShoks and Glaser safety slugs.
    Yeah, that paddle holster is pretty crappy. Aker.. mmmmm, good stuff. I got a Safariland 6280 (dual retention) in fine tac to go with my nylon gear at work (uuummm if I could ever get a certifiying class set up) and a Don Hume for when I get my leather gear (looks more professional at the rich people events). The crappy thing for me is that I'm a lefty and all the holsters I've gotten for this gun have to be "special ordered". Don Hume took over 7 weeks to send me my holster, but it is a really nice holster.

Leave a comment:

• ff000525
    replied
    Originally posted by N. A. Corbier
    Now that the price is dropped, a good thing. Streicher's in Butler told me that they'll sell to me at $395 + paperwork if NAPSOA Incorporated buys them, personally its $425 + papers.

Wonder if Streicher's has lowered their price for the XD. Granted, these are probably not the XD Gear kits, but come on... It isn't like we're going to get CCW anytime soon around here, and I have other preferences in CCW holsters than what that holster looked like. (Hint: SERPA)
    Mark Green

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    I bought my wife the XD9 sub compact for $380 out the door here locally...NIB with all the little extras (i.e. holster, mag pouch and extra mags in a case). Of course, the included holster sucks, so we got her a leather Aker one, and I filled the mags with a 50/50 mix of HydraShoks and Glaser safety slugs.

Leave a comment:

• N. A. Corbier
    replied
    Now that the price is dropped, a good thing. Streicher's in Butler told me that they'll sell to me at $395 + paperwork if NAPSOA Incorporated buys them, personally its $425 + papers.

Wonder if Streicher's has lowered their price for the XD. Granted, these are probably not the XD Gear kits, but come on... It isn't like we're going to get CCW anytime soon around here, and I have other preferences in CCW holsters than what that holster looked like. (Hint: SERPA)

Leave a comment:

• ff000525
    replied
    Here'd you pick that up? I've been told Shooting Shop up by you.
    Ok, sorry this answer is a bit late NA, but... I bought my XD at Gander up in Wausau for $500 out the door when the XD was all the fad, so the prices have gone down since then. There's a few places around that I've seen them in the $450 range, Shooter's on 3 Mile in Racine, Gander, and if you're not too nervous about buying a gun online there's always auctionarms.com or gunbroker.com, I've been thinking about getting a Glock 23 and I'll probably get it from auctionarms.com, now that I personally know a FFL. There is a small shop on Sheridan north of me I don't know what he sells (Eagle Trading or something like that).

Leave a comment:

• Apolo
    replied
    Just Bought the Springfield XD in .45 ACP haven't fired it yet but i'll let you know how it does

Leave a comment:

• N. A. Corbier
    replied
    Originally posted by ff000525
    I just purchased a .40 caliber XD, and it is wonderful. I have a Taurus PT 140 Pro (when I lived in Vegas I had plans to get my CCW) and I definatley like my XD better. At 7-15 yards I was able to shoot out the bullseye of a target, and that was straight out of the box. I just got a G-Code holster for it (kydex) and am looking for another 2 high cap mags. I did get to hold the .45 and its almost as good, the grip is a little longer than the .40. I have not shot it yet though. Another plus of the .40 is that you can get the 9mm and .357 Sig barrels for it and basically you can have three pistols in one. That's probably my next purchase (the barrels are $147) because its cheaper to shoot 9mm than .40
    Here'd you pick that up? I've been told Shooting Shop up by you.

Leave a comment:

• ff000525
    replied
    .40 Xd

I just purchased a .40 caliber XD, and it is wonderful. I have a Taurus PT 140 Pro (when I lived in Vegas I had plans to get my CCW) and I definatley like my XD better. At 7-15 yards I was able to shoot out the bullseye of a target, and that was straight out of the box. I just got a G-Code holster for it (kydex) and am looking for another 2 high cap mags. I did get to hold the .45 and its almost as good, the grip is a little longer than the .40. I have not shot it yet though. Another plus of the .40 is that you can get the 9mm and .357 Sig barrels for it and basically you can have three pistols in one. That's probably my next purchase (the barrels are $147) because its cheaper to shoot 9mm than .40

Leave a comment:

• zharn
    replied
    MY dreamgun

I stinkin love the XD.I rented one in .40 and absolutely loved it.Great trigger,well built.I put 150 throught that one with nary a malf.I think the reason i like it so much is that i have small hands and dont really like the glock grip.The grip on the XD is almost as nice as my Sigma( i know , i know,but ive run almost 800 rounds with no malfs at all,so i trust it.But it is old and id like to get a new weapon.)Its got the grip safety and points naturally for me.im saving up for one right now and when i get the scratch,,its mine babY!!!!!!!

Leave a comment:

• jakeslife
    replied
    Shazaam!

Shoots great. I put about 400 FMJ through it the first day, with about 50 230gr JHP because that's what I carry in it. I love it.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• jakeslife
    replied
    I'm picking mine up tomorrow and want to put a few hundred rounds through it, so I'll post after that.

Leave a comment:

• N. A. Corbier
    replied
    Originally posted by hemi444
    I am looking at purchasing one this week coming up and I will let you know how it is.
    Found a place that rents firearms in this county. Gonna have to take a trip up there and see if they have any XDs. My local Gander Mountain has XDs in 9mm and .40. I got my hands around the .40, it felt nice, the action was smooth, and the slide release was SNAP!

I also got to hold a Beretta Storm Carbine. My toy M16 feels sturdier.

Leave a comment:

• hemi444
    replied
    Anyone have anything to say about the Springfield XD (Coatian Arms HD-2000) in .45 GAP?
    I am looking at purchasing one this week coming up and I will let you know how it is.

Leave a comment:

• Will
    replied
    Not sure if this is allowed or not, I'm guessing yes, since it isn't exactly a competing site, but...

I'm registered on this one: http://www.hs2000talk.com Pretty much anything you want to know about XD's can be found here.

Leave a comment:

• ACP01
    replied
    Originally posted by jakeslife
    I'm waiting on my background check for my new XD .45 ACP. I rented one when I went to pay for it, and woo-hoo, I think I'm dumping my boyfriend for it! Okay, well almost.
    Give us a breakdown of your impression when you get the gun if you would.
    I would rather hear from a user than what a gun writer has to say anyday.
    Last edited by ACP01; 03-02-2006, 07:54 PM. Reason: spelng

Leave a comment:

Leaderboard

Collapse
Working...
X