Springfield XD in .45 GAP and .45 ACP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Springfield XD in .45 GAP and .45 ACP

Anyone have anything to say about the Springfield XD (Coatian Arms HD-2000) in .45 GAP?

I understand they now have a 13+1 version in .45 ACP, which has the same frame characteristics as the XD .40.

I looked around, and quite frankly, this looks like what I want in a weapon. It has 1911 roots, Glock Safety Trigger, Sig's Aggressive Slide, and the egronomics of an 1911 handle + grip safety.

It has an accessory rail for those who want to stick something on it.

Police Magazine reviewed it recently, and said that its a good weapon for smaller hand officers. Not all of us can palm a basketball (I can), but I appreciate the straightforward lines of the 1911 grip.

I've fired the Colt 1911, in 5 inch, I believe. The old time .45, and it was OK. Big, but I was a kid, so everything was big to me.

I've fired a "lightweight" version of the Para Ordinance in .45 ACP, and while it was a chore firing it, I was in the black at 7 yards and could rapidly fire the weapon. I then put it down and went back to firing the 9mm Ruger I had brought, which didn't have so much percieved recoil in the thumb V.

Anyone's thoughts?
    Some Kind of Commando Leader

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

N.A.,
    I too am looking at the XD.
    I have handled but not shot the .45GAP and it did feel very good in my hand.
    I have not seen any of the .45ACP but like the idea. I wonder how they got the extra length of the ACP into the GAP grip without making it longer.

I am also thinking about going to the .40 as I reload rounds for practice and I can get all the .40 brass I need as all the PD in the area where I live uses the same range I do and they never police up their brass. That saves tons of money in practice rounds. I acn reload a .45ACP at 8-12 cents a round depending on the bullet.

Ah decision, decisions, decisions

Comment

Very nice handgun with attractive price. I would get new .45ACP over GAP

Comment

I have an XD9 with the 5" barrel. Love that gun. I want to hit the range once the 45 ACP's become more popular and check that one out too

If your going to go with a 45, I would say go with ACP. 45 is expensive enough as it is, no need to go with a semi-specialty round (GAP). As far as I know, Glock and SA are the only one's that use the GAP round, which brings the price up just a tad higher.

Comment

Thanks, Will. That's what I was thinking too. ACP is easy to find, and has a plethora of ballistic testing behind it for every bullet and powder load spec.

I don't want to have to start playing around with, "Hello, do you sell .45 GAP in XTHP/GDHP?"

Oh, as far as "Ranger Ammo being LE Only..." Yeah. Right. Internet, baby. Restricted distribution channels are never restricted for ammunition. Especially when the restriction isn't by ATF, its by Winchester itself cause they're afraid of a lawsuit.

But, then, there are probably better rounds (Hydra-Shok II) that you can carry other than Black Talon/Ranger.

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

Comment

I'm waiting on my background check for my new XD .45 ACP. I rented one when I went to pay for it, and woo-hoo, I think I'm dumping my boyfriend for it! Okay, well almost.
            Liability is never above officer safety. Do what you must to make sure you go home safe.

William-2, 10-6 for 105. Yep, I'm at Starbucks!

I may be gay, but I'll eff you up!

Personal Web Site

Cheap, Quality Web Design! Put a great cop on the beat by helping with my tuition! :-D

Comment

Originally posted by jakeslife
              I'm waiting on my background check for my new XD .45 ACP. I rented one when I went to pay for it, and woo-hoo, I think I'm dumping my boyfriend for it! Okay, well almost.
              Give us a breakdown of your impression when you get the gun if you would.
              I would rather hear from a user than what a gun writer has to say anyday.
              Last edited by ACP01; 03-02-2006, 07:54 PM. Reason: spelng

Comment

Not sure if this is allowed or not, I'm guessing yes, since it isn't exactly a competing site, but...

I'm registered on this one: http://www.hs2000talk.com Pretty much anything you want to know about XD's can be found here.

Comment

Originally posted by N. A. Corbier
                  Anyone have anything to say about the Springfield XD (Coatian Arms HD-2000) in .45 GAP?
                  I am looking at purchasing one this week coming up and I will let you know how it is.

Comment

Originally posted by hemi444
                    I am looking at purchasing one this week coming up and I will let you know how it is.
                    Found a place that rents firearms in this county. Gonna have to take a trip up there and see if they have any XDs. My local Gander Mountain has XDs in 9mm and .40. I got my hands around the .40, it felt nice, the action was smooth, and the slide release was SNAP!

I also got to hold a Beretta Storm Carbine. My toy M16 feels sturdier.

Comment

I'm picking mine up tomorrow and want to put a few hundred rounds through it, so I'll post after that.
                      Liability is never above officer safety. Do what you must to make sure you go home safe.

Personal Web Site

Cheap, Quality Web Design! Put a great cop on the beat by helping with my tuition! :-D

Comment

Shazaam!

Shoots great. I put about 400 FMJ through it the first day, with about 50 230gr JHP because that's what I carry in it. I love it.
                        Attached Files

Personal Web Site

Comment

MY dreamgun

I stinkin love the XD.I rented one in .40 and absolutely loved it.Great trigger,well built.I put 150 throught that one with nary a malf.I think the reason i like it so much is that i have small hands and dont really like the glock grip.The grip on the XD is almost as nice as my Sigma( i know , i know,but ive run almost 800 rounds with no malfs at all,so i trust it.But it is old and id like to get a new weapon.)Its got the grip safety and points naturally for me.im saving up for one right now and when i get the scratch,,its mine babY!!!!!!!

Comment

.40 Xd

I just purchased a .40 caliber XD, and it is wonderful. I have a Taurus PT 140 Pro (when I lived in Vegas I had plans to get my CCW) and I definatley like my XD better. At 7-15 yards I was able to shoot out the bullseye of a target, and that was straight out of the box. I just got a G-Code holster for it (kydex) and am looking for another 2 high cap mags. I did get to hold the .45 and its almost as good, the grip is a little longer than the .40. I have not shot it yet though. Another plus of the .40 is that you can get the 9mm and .357 Sig barrels for it and basically you can have three pistols in one. That's probably my next purchase (the barrels are $147) because its cheaper to shoot 9mm than .40

Comment

Originally posted by ff000525
                              I just purchased a .40 caliber XD, and it is wonderful. I have a Taurus PT 140 Pro (when I lived in Vegas I had plans to get my CCW) and I definatley like my XD better. At 7-15 yards I was able to shoot out the bullseye of a target, and that was straight out of the box. I just got a G-Code holster for it (kydex) and am looking for another 2 high cap mags. I did get to hold the .45 and its almost as good, the grip is a little longer than the .40. I have not shot it yet though. Another plus of the .40 is that you can get the 9mm and .357 Sig barrels for it and basically you can have three pistols in one. That's probably my next purchase (the barrels are $147) because its cheaper to shoot 9mm than .40
                              Here'd you pick that up? I've been told Shooting Shop up by you.

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X