Need a decent Hi-Vis short jacket...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need a decent Hi-Vis short jacket...

Seeing as how my new trappings include nightly walks thru parking lots/garage after dark, I'm in frickin' cold Vermont, and my mall traffic is only going to get worse around here after Black Friday; I want to be certain I'm not gonna get T-Boned into 4 or 5 pieces via Dodge because someone didn't see me in my midnight navy blue uniform at 8 pm...

Bear in mind at this point, Supervisor position doesn't exactly equal Supervisor pay yet, so I'd like to keep to within $60 to $80 total; I've checked Gall's, and some of their jackets had me drooling in love but upwards of $140 is unfortunately out of my price range currently. By the same token, I've been considering this...

http://www.uniformswarehouse.com/pro...-Jacket/Detail

But, there's no real product detail other than "lightweight" (probly not good for VT kinda cold even for short periods)... I'm guessing it's maybe a little bit more than a windbreaker, but mebbe a fleece type jacket as a liner would do...

So, if anyone can direct me to a place that has (these colors specifically) a comparable jacket for maybe a little bit more, please chime in...

I'ts 34 degrees as I type this and I still have Winter ahead of me...
    “Two wrongs don't make a right, but three rights make a left”
    "I swear to God, I'm going to pistol whip the next guy that says 'Shenanigans' "... Capt. O'Hagan, "Super Troopers"

Hello Ex Mtn Boy There is a place in Norwell Ma. that was formally known as Wear Guard that was brought out by Aramark. The new company seems to be discontinuing the Police and Hospital line for the yuppie golf shirt line. Been some good deals there recently.

http://www.aramark-uniform.com/easea...sultsperpage=5
    THE AVERAGE RESPONSE TIME FOR A 911 CALL IS FOUR MINUTES
    THE AVERAGE RESPONSE TIME FOR A .357 MAGNUM ROUND IS 1400 FEET PER SECOND?
    http://www.boondocksaints.com/

Comment

Those are a dime a dozen here with so many discount places selling them dirt cheap and some premium places making a good mark up too. They are considered standard issue for anyone dealing with roads, safety, trucking or anything that needs a high vis attire and you can even get high vis socks (not that I would ever wear them in public).

My friend's security company uses them for event work as they are like $10.00 a shirt US and the jumpers (pull overs) start at $25.00 US and up for something decent. 34 degress ? Hell that is considered a bloody cold winter night for us here ............... and if I move soon ........... will be about average winter night temp ......... I will stay where I am I think for now.
      "Keep your friends close and your enemies even closer" Sun Tzu

Comment

Try Quartemasters uniforms..

http://www.qmuniforms.com/

I like their prices and their staff... usually less than Gall's.
        The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing. Edmund Burke.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes ?

www.patrol4u.com

sigpic

Comment

Looks like Aramark for the Win

Kinda hard to tell, but the large picture it looks like there's a badge tab on the 3 season jacket on it right where the stripe is... And I'm pretty sure the label inside the collar area there says it's made by Spiewak (bonus )

Thanks guys!
          "I swear to God, I'm going to pistol whip the next guy that says 'Shenanigans' "... Capt. O'Hagan, "Super Troopers"

Comment

www.ombexpress.com
            ~Super Ninja Sniper~
            Corbier's Commandos

Nemo me impune lacessit

Grammical and Spelling errors may occur form time to time. Yoov bin worned

Comment

I'd recommend a 5.11 patrol jacket, you don't always need to be high-visibility and the reflective vest it comes with will more than cover your needs.

Plus, it's warm as all get out. I was supposed to be issued one, but shifted positions prior to that. I own 2 of the 3-in-1 parkas and they are superb.
              Overmotivated and Underpaid... I'm a Security supervisors wet dream...

Comment

check on Ebay maybe you will find something

Comment

Thanks for the link Valley, but even the cheapest one they show is $130...

I went and ordered the 3 season Spiewak from Aramark like Chucky listed just this morning, will be here by Monday according to their shipping info....

AK Security, I looked at 5.11 stuff too, but like Gall's and QM, a bit too cost prohibitive for as much as I'd be wearing it; My shift starts at 1500, and now it's dark at 1645, I usually try and do at least 3 exterior patrols of my property (given I have at least 2 other Officers on site), and I just want to be sure I don't wind up doing my imitation of Rubber Duck's hood ornament from "Convoy"...
                  Last edited by flashlightcop509; 11-08-2007, 11:22 PM.

Comment

FLC509 - not that I would have much need for a jacket like that but I checked out the specs - looks like a very good quality jacket and is well suited for your needs. Will we get a picture of you modelling the jacket too ?

Are you going to post a test-drive of this jacket for us mere mortals ?
                    "Keep your friends close and your enemies even closer" Sun Tzu

Comment

Originally posted by flashlightcop509 View Post
                      Thanks for the link Valley, but even the cheapest one they show is $130...

I went and ordered the 3 season Spiewak from Aramark like Chucky listed just this morning, will be here by Monday according to their shipping info....

AK Security, I looked at 5.11 stuff too, but like Gall's and QM, a bit too cost prohibitive for as much as I'd be wearing it; My shift starts at 1500, and now it's dark at 1645, I usually try and do at least 3 exterior patrols of my property (given I have at least 2 other Officers on site), and I just want to be sure I don't wind up doing my imitation of Rubber Duck's hood ornament from "Convoy"...
                      Whatever suits your needs best, it's your decision. My company allows the 5.11 jacket worn in all configurations. It's nice to be able to tailor to the weather with it.
                      Overmotivated and Underpaid... I'm a Security supervisors wet dream...

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X