Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NRM_Oz
    replied
    Yes but that is because your winters suck and are so cold, dogs are stuck to trees in mid session. Watch Caps are the preferred choice in winter unless you are working a high visibility post - but I always had one and a baseball cap in my work bag just for this any weather. I think I would love to have a white Xmas but not driving through it to get to work would be a good idea for me I think.

Leave a comment:

• Lawson
    replied
    Originally posted by NRM_Oz View Post
    Depends on the site and situation. If is is cold then a beret would suit best to keep your head warm,
    From my own experience. Berets suck in the cold weather. I think they are purely for good looks and dont really provide any advantage.

Leave a comment:

• N. A. Corbier
    replied
    I opened it up in Photoshop. The patch may of been post-processed, which makes it look a little too uniform for an online picture. So, that may actually be on the uniform.

The badge on the belt, however, uses what looks like a Smith and Warren Ohio state seal. This is not the normal state seal, and is the one that Ohio sheriffs use, for whatever reason. It could be that Whitestone are special deputies, I remember something about that ability in Ohio statute.

Or, it could be like in Wisconsin, where any one can use a state seal on a badge or business materials.

On the badge on the belt, the colors are blue, dark blue, orange/tan, dark orange, orange, dark orange.

Leave a comment:

• NRM_Oz
    replied
    Depends on the site and situation. If is is cold then a beret would suit best to keep your head warm, looks good and finishes off a uniform. In Australia with such a harsh sun, we tend to wear Akubras which are working cowboy hats (not some pretend hat) which keeps your face shaded from the sun but if the wind gets under it you are in for a sprint to catch it. There was only 1 company I ever knew that had them but they did not last too long because the staff refused to wear them correctly and did too many impressions of FRANK SPENCER - British Comedy Hero.
    Last edited by NRM_Oz; 11-04-2007, 04:49 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Lawson
    replied
    Originally posted by N. A. Corbier View Post
    Something is off on that photo. The Whitestone Group badge is photoshopped. The real badge on the belt has what appears to be an Ohio state seal on it. I do not believe security personnel can have a state seal in Ohio.
    I disagree. Looking closely, I think it is red white and blue, the shield that goes in front of the Eagle. I also believe if you look closely to the right of the shield, you can see Eagle wing.

Leave a comment:

• N. A. Corbier
    replied
    Originally posted by BHR Lawson View Post
    Whitestone Group in Ohio does...

Actually looks pretty good in my opinion.
    Something is off on that photo. The Whitestone Group badge is photoshopped. The real badge on the belt has what appears to be an Ohio state seal on it. I do not believe security personnel can have a state seal in Ohio.

Leave a comment:

• The Hussard
    replied
    they look more professional then a lot of Quebec policeman

Leave a comment:

• Lawson
    replied
    Whitestone Group in Ohio does...

Actually looks pretty good in my opinion.
    Last edited by Lawson; 11-03-2007, 06:23 PM.

Leave a comment:

• JSam21
    replied
    Originally posted by publicsafetyred View Post
    InterCon Security did at one of the contracts in Oakland, CA. They also wore ascots and it did look silly.
    Berets and ascots in... Oakland? Yeah I bet that went over REALLY well

Leave a comment:

• publicsafetyred
    replied
    InterCon Security did at one of the contracts in Oakland, CA. They also wore ascots and it did look silly.

Leave a comment:

• Hank1
    replied
    Originally posted by The Hussard View Post
    I would like to know if some security company wearing military style beret in North America
    No. I have never seen officers wearing berets with their uniform.

Be Safe,

Hank

Leave a comment:

• The Hussard
    started a topic beret

beret

I would like to know if some security company wearing military style beret in North America

Leaderboard

Collapse
Working...
X