X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CAP
    replied
    Too Short

We decided against stripes on our Class A Trouses. They do not look right on someone with short legs (me).

Leave a comment:

• msofin
    replied
    Originally posted by bpdblue View Post
    I was just wondering if your company's pants have stripes on them. If so, what color and width are the stripes?
    Wackenhutt has for the regular officer midnight navy blue pants with an 1 inch black stripes.
    Allied Security had midnight navy blue pants with an 1 inch light blue stripes
    for whatever reason they dropped the stripes from the pants when the unis were officially switched over to "AlliedBarton Security Services" patches. I actually liked the stripes.
    St Moritz, some officers have 1 inch gray stripes on the black pants, I personally do not.

Leave a comment:

• N. A. Corbier
    replied
    Originally posted by EMTGuard View Post
    No stripe here. Plain black slacks.

Interesting. I have 4 sets of uniform pants from the company. Good quality cotton pants. I often run errands before and/or after work. Simply swapping my uniform shirt for a nice pull over polo or button up and I am out of uniform and ready to blend in with the rest of society. Once in a while on a day off I'll chose to wear the slacks when going out to dinner with my better half. Why the guard service would have a problem with me wearing the uniform pants off duty is strange. How would they know and why would they care?
    Its their property, and they would prefer that you only wear it while doing the job they're paying you for. Less wear and tear. Also, some idiot could argue you're "still in uniform." Would it fly? No.

Leave a comment:

• jer6141
    replied
    My first job had navy class A trousers with the 1" grey cloth stripe and black trousers with the same stripe. They never got the colors right, with a white class a shirt and navy cover.

My 2nd job at the university was different. There was a uniform regulation, but it wasnt followed much by cadets. So often I just wore black bdu's and the yellow polo we had. Many wore shorts, jeans ect.. I just did that for "casual half day friday".

My most recent job was heather grey trousers with a 1" black cloth stripe and black shirt. Really liked these except we paid for them. Wore black bdu's pants or black bdu shorts with silver reflective piping for bikes.. Hated those things with a passion.

We had to have stripes on the first one otherwise we looked too much like cincinnati officers and it would add to professional appearance and whatnot. Never thought it succeded at that one.

Leave a comment:

• EMTGuard
    replied
    No stripe here. Plain black slacks.

I actually read somewhere (I think it was Security Management) that the reason guard firms put stripes on the pants is to prevent the guards from wearing the pants as civilian attire.
    Interesting. I have 4 sets of uniform pants from the company. Good quality cotton pants. I often run errands before and/or after work. Simply swapping my uniform shirt for a nice pull over polo or button up and I am out of uniform and ready to blend in with the rest of society. Once in a while on a day off I'll chose to wear the slacks when going out to dinner with my better half. Why the guard service would have a problem with me wearing the uniform pants off duty is strange. How would they know and why would they care?

Leave a comment:

• BadBoynMD
    replied
    Originally posted by N. A. Corbier View Post
    You know, I actually read somewhere (I think it was Security Management) that the reason guard firms put stripes on the pants is to prevent the guards from wearing the pants as civilian attire.

The fact that someone would come up with this, enough to actually pen it to words, frightens me.
    That's actually interesting that you mention this.... I was talking with my dad one day. I mentioned that, I liked his trench coat (he runs security for Marriott HQ), and he told me how they were going to start putting the Marriott name on their suits, etc. Some of the employees would wear their company issued suits on personal time attending nightclubs.

Leave a comment:

• Hank1
    replied
    Originally posted by N. A. Corbier View Post
    The fact that someone would come up with this, enough to actually pen it to words, frightens me.
    I have never heard that before! But if indeed it's true, you're right Nathan.

Be Safe,

Hank

Leave a comment:

• N. A. Corbier
    replied
    You know, I actually read somewhere (I think it was Security Management) that the reason guard firms put stripes on the pants is to prevent the guards from wearing the pants as civilian attire.

Leave a comment:

• rentalcop
    replied
    Black pants and 1/2 inch blue stripe here. Actually really like the current uniform. My old uniform was a white shirt/ grey pants with a black stripe/ and yellow blazer . Current company doesn't even require name tags. I'm lovin it.

Leave a comment:

• Andy Taylor
    replied
    Originally posted by Hank1 View Post
    Heck no! Plain black uniform pants. Obviously, no stripes on BDU trousers.

Be Safe,

Hank

Same here.

Leave a comment:

• JB diligence
    replied
    Yes we wear reflective stripes on our pants and jackets. I am a firm believer that being see equals being safe. However if you are in a tactical role it is the opposite.

As far as High visibility goes, I now swear by the neon green with retro reflective silver striping.

Aside from that the rest of our uniforms are navy blue with silver stripe in pants.

Leave a comment:

• gonzo1510
    replied
    The uniforms that I currently issue consist of a navy blue polo shirt with the patches sewn on along with the new Dickies cargo pants. I will however issue class "A" uniforms which consist of a French Heather Blue shirt with dark navy pants w/ matching FHB stripe. Those will be issued if the client wants a more traditional uniform appearance.

Leave a comment:

• NRM_Oz
    replied
    Dress uniform with one company was ink blue dress trousers with a 1/4" band down the side - looked bloody stupid as I only wore mine a few times. To me it speaks of a County Mounty with the Dukes of Hazzard Music playing in the background.

Leave a comment:

• Chucky
    replied
    In our state stripes are an unwritten rule that depend where you are working. In Boston city limits red is for SPO and blue is full officers. When we do a take back of an account in the city some of our guys wore blue stripes an were informed by a BPD Lt that the next time he better not see any blue stripes from the non academy certified guys on the team. Some of our guys come from a day shift in the suburbs where blue is not a concern of the local PD. A full officer on our team said the LT is FOS and there is no law or by law that addresses the stripe issue. As there is also no rules on collar brass which we do not wear.

Leave a comment:

• Hank1
    replied
    Heck no! Plain black uniform pants. Obviously, no stripes on BDU trousers.

Be Safe,

Hank

Leave a comment:

Leaderboard

Collapse
Working...
X