Stripes on pants?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No stripe here. Plain black slacks.

I actually read somewhere (I think it was Security Management) that the reason guard firms put stripes on the pants is to prevent the guards from wearing the pants as civilian attire.
    Interesting. I have 4 sets of uniform pants from the company. Good quality cotton pants. I often run errands before and/or after work. Simply swapping my uniform shirt for a nice pull over polo or button up and I am out of uniform and ready to blend in with the rest of society. Once in a while on a day off I'll chose to wear the slacks when going out to dinner with my better half. Why the guard service would have a problem with me wearing the uniform pants off duty is strange. How would they know and why would they care?
    Hospital Security Officer

Comment

My first job had navy class A trousers with the 1" grey cloth stripe and black trousers with the same stripe. They never got the colors right, with a white class a shirt and navy cover.

My 2nd job at the university was different. There was a uniform regulation, but it wasnt followed much by cadets. So often I just wore black bdu's and the yellow polo we had. Many wore shorts, jeans ect.. I just did that for "casual half day friday".

My most recent job was heather grey trousers with a 1" black cloth stripe and black shirt. Really liked these except we paid for them. Wore black bdu's pants or black bdu shorts with silver reflective piping for bikes.. Hated those things with a passion.

We had to have stripes on the first one otherwise we looked too much like cincinnati officers and it would add to professional appearance and whatnot. Never thought it succeded at that one.

Comment

Originally posted by EMTGuard View Post
        No stripe here. Plain black slacks.

Interesting. I have 4 sets of uniform pants from the company. Good quality cotton pants. I often run errands before and/or after work. Simply swapping my uniform shirt for a nice pull over polo or button up and I am out of uniform and ready to blend in with the rest of society. Once in a while on a day off I'll chose to wear the slacks when going out to dinner with my better half. Why the guard service would have a problem with me wearing the uniform pants off duty is strange. How would they know and why would they care?
        Its their property, and they would prefer that you only wear it while doing the job they're paying you for. Less wear and tear. Also, some idiot could argue you're "still in uniform." Would it fly? No.
        Some Kind of Commando Leader

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

Comment

Originally posted by bpdblue View Post
          I was just wondering if your company's pants have stripes on them. If so, what color and width are the stripes?
          Wackenhutt has for the regular officer midnight navy blue pants with an 1 inch black stripes.
          Allied Security had midnight navy blue pants with an 1 inch light blue stripes
          for whatever reason they dropped the stripes from the pants when the unis were officially switched over to "AlliedBarton Security Services" patches. I actually liked the stripes.
          St Moritz, some officers have 1 inch gray stripes on the black pants, I personally do not.

Comment

Too Short

We decided against stripes on our Class A Trouses. They do not look right on someone with short legs (me).

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
            Working...
            X