Stripes on pants?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stripes on pants?

I was just wondering if your company's pants have stripes on them. If so, what color and width are the stripes?

we are navy blue pants, with yellow stripe 1/4" i think
    Its not how we die that counts.....
    Its not how we lived that counts....
    all that matters is how we saved that one life that one time by being in the right place at the right time....

Comment

Nope, no stripes on my pants. Just a pair of good ole fashioned BDUs.

Comment

No, thank goodness.
        Security: Freedom from fear; danger; safe; a feeling of well-being. (Webster's)

Comment

Tan pants with black stripe and purple stripe on top of the black stripe.
          SecurityProfessional is Back up and running!

Comment

Heck no! Plain black uniform pants. Obviously, no stripes on BDU trousers.

Be Safe,

Hank
            " We are determined that before the sun sets on this terrible struggle, our flag will be recognized throughout the world as a symbol of freedom on one hand and of overwhelming force on the other" - General George C. Marshall

Comment

In our state stripes are an unwritten rule that depend where you are working. In Boston city limits red is for SPO and blue is full officers. When we do a take back of an account in the city some of our guys wore blue stripes an were informed by a BPD Lt that the next time he better not see any blue stripes from the non academy certified guys on the team. Some of our guys come from a day shift in the suburbs where blue is not a concern of the local PD. A full officer on our team said the LT is FOS and there is no law or by law that addresses the stripe issue. As there is also no rules on collar brass which we do not wear.
              THE AVERAGE RESPONSE TIME FOR A 911 CALL IS FOUR MINUTES
              THE AVERAGE RESPONSE TIME FOR A .357 MAGNUM ROUND IS 1400 FEET PER SECOND?
              http://www.boondocksaints.com/

Comment

Dress uniform with one company was ink blue dress trousers with a 1/4" band down the side - looked bloody stupid as I only wore mine a few times. To me it speaks of a County Mounty with the Dukes of Hazzard Music playing in the background.
                "Keep your friends close and your enemies even closer" Sun Tzu

Comment

The uniforms that I currently issue consist of a navy blue polo shirt with the patches sewn on along with the new Dickies cargo pants. I will however issue class "A" uniforms which consist of a French Heather Blue shirt with dark navy pants w/ matching FHB stripe. Those will be issued if the client wants a more traditional uniform appearance.
                  The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing. Edmund Burke.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes ?

www.patrol4u.com

sigpic

Comment

Yes we wear reflective stripes on our pants and jackets. I am a firm believer that being see equals being safe. However if you are in a tactical role it is the opposite.

As far as High visibility goes, I now swear by the neon green with retro reflective silver striping.

Aside from that the rest of our uniforms are navy blue with silver stripe in pants.
                    I'm the guy you don't want to be around when your doing something wrong, but you can't wait for me to get there when your down, to fix you up...

If you don't stand behind our troops, feel free to stand in front of them.

Comment

Originally posted by Hank1 View Post
                      Heck no! Plain black uniform pants. Obviously, no stripes on BDU trousers.

Be Safe,

Hank

Same here.
                      "Gun control, the theory that 110lb. women have the "right" to fistfight with 210lb. rapists. " Author Unknown

Comment

Black pants and 1/2 inch blue stripe here. Actually really like the current uniform. My old uniform was a white shirt/ grey pants with a black stripe/ and yellow blazer . Current company doesn't even require name tags. I'm lovin it.

Comment

You know, I actually read somewhere (I think it was Security Management) that the reason guard firms put stripes on the pants is to prevent the guards from wearing the pants as civilian attire.

The fact that someone would come up with this, enough to actually pen it to words, frightens me.
                          Some Kind of Commando Leader

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

Comment

Originally posted by N. A. Corbier View Post
                            The fact that someone would come up with this, enough to actually pen it to words, frightens me.
                            I have never heard that before! But if indeed it's true, you're right Nathan.

Be Safe,

Hank
                            " We are determined that before the sun sets on this terrible struggle, our flag will be recognized throughout the world as a symbol of freedom on one hand and of overwhelming force on the other" - General George C. Marshall

Comment

Originally posted by N. A. Corbier View Post
                              You know, I actually read somewhere (I think it was Security Management) that the reason guard firms put stripes on the pants is to prevent the guards from wearing the pants as civilian attire.

That's actually interesting that you mention this.... I was talking with my dad one day. I mentioned that, I liked his trench coat (he runs security for Marriott HQ), and he told me how they were going to start putting the Marriott name on their suits, etc. Some of the employees would wear their company issued suits on personal time attending nightclubs.
                              "Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." - Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X